PT18 : MEMORY

We reached 2k!! <3 Keep it up, share this book lovelies, also please comment and vote, you guys don't know how much I adore your comments!

[18]

" I act like it didn't bother me

" I act like it didn't bother me...But inside it killed me. "

Blows came barreling in, full force I had no way of stopping them from coming at my defenceless sister nor the eight year old me. The punches were dense and firm, and every time they aimed towards my sister.

I just wanted to lash out, rip that man to shreds, I wanted to stop crying like the useless eight year old I was and slice him through, I wanted his blood everywhere.

This had gone on for at least, most my life and only till now did I realise after so long, That what was happening in my life wasn't right, nor was it okay.

After the doors had shut behind the vile man, I sat limp against the hard and algid flooring, which before was clean of anything, but was now covered in thick red.

It gave agony to my eyes, watching my sister cry beside me, not only that, but I'm my own blood. Her hands shook as she tried to wipe her tears with her bloodied hands, her light brown hair now drenched in crimson, along with her perfectly tanned skin.

I was never the type to talk or even express my feelings when we were that young, my older sister, at the time being fifteen completely understood, whenever she really needed it, I spoke my heart, but other then that I was as silent as stone.

Because for so long, all these years we were stuck in this place. With these thugs, dealing with black mailing and the mental and physical abuse, I had gotten used to keeping my mouth shut.

"L-Lark?"

My sisters whisper snapped me out of my daze, and I had immediately sat up to assist her, crawling across the ground and slipping beside her consumed and worn form, which had made me anxious every time.

"Yes Grace?"

A salty tear dripped from her blood shot eye, and I instantly reached out and wiped it off her corrupted and dirty face.  "I'm fed up with it. Living like this."

She continued taking a deep breath, completely turning to look over my bruised and bloodied persona. "All I want is answers..."

I nodded, my long cut Raven coloured hair draped over my frontal, Grace couldn't see the yearned look on my face, and I was grateful for that, I never want to have to dismiss her hope.

"Maybe...If we try one more time?" I searched the room in agonising thought, my mind was blank, but we needed to get out.