PT24: AMNESIA

We reached 4k! Thank you guys for the constant love and support towards this book, I couldn't have done this without you guys. :)

[24]

She was just like the moon,

secluded, reclusive and flawed.

Although she shined through the darkness.

Personally, I had never dealt with anything so excruciatingly overanxious, I had never needed to deal with it, because I had taught myself from such a young age about hiding, caging and ignoring my feelings.

Right now, every atom and every fibre in my body couldn't stop the worry etching through my nerves. I was a constrained and agitated mess, I had no clue where I was, I couldn't see, I couldn't feel...

I had always known, and always said to myself before every mission. 'don't promise another life lived, who knows if I'll loose my own today.'

I guess... or believe, that today was that day.

I have no utter clue on what has happened in the past few hours, or possibly, days, weeks, months, years. If possible, my mind is blank and pitch black, the only thing I can remember is...

Names.

And faces.

But that's all.

I couldn't places memories or reasons to how I knew the people, how I met them, I couldn't even place how old I was right now, or really how I looked like, or who I was.

Trying to blink through the black haze, nothing was doing the trick. I was contemplating on giving up, and waiting even when nothing would happen, but the longer I waited, the more rapidly I could move the tips of my fingers, faintly feeling a thick and cold substance against the skin of my wrist, it was clear i was held back by something.

I couldn't speak, something was halting me from voicing out through the silence.

That's when I could faintly hear it, someone speaking. The voice was angelic although sounded choked up and constrained. I could recall the voice, with few names and faces I could only pin point it to be.

Grace.

"Please let me see her. Please I beg you." Her voice sounded antsy, sullen and begged. It was clear, even without seeing her.

That's when I heard the sound of beeping, technical sounds wavering through the air, and heavy feet stepping against metal, before hands caved around cheeks, trying to blink a sigh came from my lips when the haze was slowly dispersing.

"Oh my god Lark." A relieved smile caved in on Graces lips, I don't know how I know her, but I feel great pressure off my shoulders when I see her face looking down above me. "I'm so happy you're alive. I was so terrified."