2. The Demon's lair (Revised)

Ahhh..... uggh I groan after waking up to a throbbing sensation radiating throughout my entire body. Once I picked myself up I realized I'd just been thrown against metal pipes sprinkled with sharp shards. My body felt as if it were on fire as I lingered forward trying to regain my balance. I grasped onto a nearby handle and look around to see I am no longer in the village nor home. Instead I'm in some sort of confinement and I'm not the only one here as well. There are others: humans with unusual red markings on their body.

Upon closer inspection some were chained while others had their wrists bonded to each other. One thing they did share was their expression. They looked broken and scared. They were scared of something and I do not wish to find out what that something was. How on earth did I get here was all I thought to myself.

Thinking back I try to recall all of today's events and what's transpired. My train of thoughts were soon shattered when I notice a dark figure looming over me. The figure then proceeds to walk towards me as if it were a predator and I the prey, readying for the final blow. Startled I flinch back causing me to hit my head on the nearby post. Holding onto my head I suddenly recall all of what has transpired. Me leaving my room, the festival, the murders and my sudden kidnapping quickly floored through my mind. Gasping, the figure continues to make way until we were no longer an inch apart and soon fear engulfed my entire body. An excruciating yet peculiar fear. I've never felt this way in this magnitude before. Whenever I would feel scared mother was always there to comfort me, someone I could rely on. But no matter how hard I wished to be in mothers grasp, to erase today's events, to disappear: I had to face reality. The reality of my decisions and the dire consequences I must face.

Tears come streaming down my cheeks and my heart beat races tenfold. I lift up my arm, so I can wipe away the droplets trickling down, where then my chin is forcibly snatched propelling my entire head face to face with the ominous figure. I quickly blink my eyes and to my astonishment the figure is of a man. The man was handsome indeed and had a captivating aura that could pull those to him. His eyes were like a never-ending burning inferno scorching those it has touched. His jawline was incredibly strong and his hair was black as the night sky. His skin tone was an olive complexion with no signs of blemish or flaw found. He was truly ravishing as if he were crafted by heaven's finest sculptor.

Human I thought, no it couldn't be. His presence is so alluring I may as well have been swept away. Then truly this man must be a god. I wasn't quite sure, but I had a hunch he was much more than that something stronger, frightening.

Coming to my senses I push away his hand and utter out in an assertive voice "For what purpose have I been brought here?!" My statement is then followed with gasps from the captives who have also been taken in. Their eyes widen as if I had said something I shouldn't have. They all had a mixture of emotions fear, indifference and pity. But why pity me I wonder?

Before I could fathom their unusual expressions, large hands clench onto my neck, strapping away what little air I could take in. Clawing my nails at his hand in an attempt to let me go proves futile and suddenly my arms slowly descend one by one. I start whimpering once I realize this is it, my life rapidly flashing away. Just before I could no longer stand the blockage of oxygen in my airway the man suddenly lets go.

"How dare you insult me little one. It seems you do not know your place, my pet!" the scary looking man howled at me causing my ears to ring. Preparing myself for the next blow, to my surprise he barked at the guards "Escort the woman to my chambers within the next half hour" while staring at me with a menacing glare. Realizing what is to happen when a man and woman are together in a chamber alone, tears plummet from my eyes while the man continues to glare. His whole face grimace and swiftly he turns around and heads straight to the door.

Once the terrifying man has left I am overcome with grief. My whole body is distressed and thoughts of regret for ever leaving my room reappears as I cry silently. Fearing what is to become of me my muscles tense and my breathing becomes sporadic. Soon one of the prisoners not chained to the wall heads towards me. The prisoner was a tall, scrawny girl with big brown eyes and dark red hair. She appeared to be around my age, but I wasn't too sure.

"If you want to stay alive you better stop crying sooner before it's too late. The guards here are truly despicable. Something you cannot fathom without experiencing it firsthand yourself. They love to toy with those who show any signs of weakness. But since Tartarus himself has brought you here, I doubt they'll try anything of the sort."

"Tartarus!" I exclaimed. The one who takes in unlucky villages as his offering, the merchant's warning echoed throughout my mind. This is just great I murmur to myself, just great.

"Yes, the Tartarus" the prisoner responded.

"Where am I and for what reason was I taken?" I uttered out anxiously.

"Right now you're in the pit or what others may refer to as the "pit of despair." I hadn't the slightest cue, but my best guess will be that you're going to become Tartarus new pet for the time being" the prisoner hissed throwing glances now and then.

"You're mistaken that can't be right, I'm a goddess in the making!" I cried out nervously.

"Yeah right, then where are your wings? We here are humans kept alive only to offer up pleasure and suppress the demons' appetite."

To show the girl that I am no liar I begin extracting my wings, but before I could fully display them the prisoner quickly hovers over me in an attempt to hide my precious wings.

"Oh my, you weren't kidding were you? I'm afraid you can't ever show them again. They'll rip out your wings or worse kill you once they realize what you are!"

"I just wanted to...." was all I could muster up until the door slammed against the wall echoing throughout the room. Not even on my legs I am dragged outside the room. The guards don't even flinch while I kick and scream. I'm suddenly brought to a halt where the guards knock and swiftly the door opens. Looking around I see that all the guards have vanished and I am left with an angry looking Tartarus.

His stare is so intense and enticing that the longer I continue to meet his gaze the more I fear I'll be consumed by the deathly sensation emitted at me. I immediately take a step back, but Tartarus grabs my wrist and forcefully throws me onto the bed. I try to get up, but my arms are pinned down causing me to go into hysteria. Thrusting my body Tartarus hovers over me and presses his chest onto me as a means to comfort me, subduing my protests.

In a split of a second he places a collar on me with strange markings. He then releases my arms and I desperately try to remove the collar. To my dismay it won't budge and a huge shadow lingers over me. Slowly looking up I'm met with a blood thirsty Tartarus who begins to remove off his clothes.

Disclaimer: Please vote/comment whether or not I should continue the story