24. The Appearance

Important please read the A.N at the end of the chapter!!!

The next day.....

Achelois POV

"Achelois, Achelois dear" I heard my name being called forcing me out of my slumber.

To my surprise I see my mother sitting beside me. My head was pounding and I couldn't make sense of what was going on.

"Mother?" I whispered.

"Yes dear, I am here" she calmly utters. I notice a seeping sadness in her voice as she looks down on me.

"Where am I?" I ask crinkling my forehead in confusion. I sat up from the bed with my hand rested above my head. The last thing I remembered was partaking in a ceremony. My ceremony! I gasped.

Frantically I look at my surroundings. I was set to be bonded to Tartarus. The drastic realization made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe I was going to give my life away to some monster! I don't know what overcame me, but all sense of devotion I felt towards him dissipated. How could I even have entertained the thought of being with him!? Thinking back to all the cruelty he has inflicted under his reign brought a cold shutter down my spine.

I latched onto mother's arm burying my face in her chest. "Please, don't send me back!" I pleaded.

However I was doubtful especially after everything I've done to her. I willingly gave up the comforts of my home to be with that demon! Even so while I was with him I callously turned a blind eye to those he had hurt. Soon enough memories of Thalia, Dorcia, that poor man and Phoibe swarmed my mind. Oh Phoibe! I have completely abandoned her. I was disgusted with myself and yet I could not even begin to comprehend my actions.

What's more I rudely disregarded mother's warning. I started to panic. Would mother forgive me? Will she send me back? Even I had openly confess to the council that I wanted to remain by Tartarus side for reasons unknown to me. I have carelessly sealed my fate. There would be no way I could escape his grasps. I was his and he'd surely find me.

My whole body trembled at the thought. He was sadistic, violent and obsessed. Based on my interactions with him he'd most likely taken me in just to beat me. After all he told me I reminded him of his mother who felt the wraths of his father and soon it'll be my turn. He'll come for me I know it.

The notion of having to be near his presence made my skin crawl. There's no way I could go back to him. Soon my eyes were damp and when I looked down I noticed I was crying. My breathing became erratic and I instinctively pulled away from mother and clutched onto my chest. It was becoming severely more difficult to breathe. I felt as if my whole world was colliding recalling the tight leash he had around my neck.

"There, there it's alright, I am here" mother expresses pulling me in closer. She reaches out to touch my forehead, but I quickly flinch.

"No, don't touch me" I cried.

Mother was taken aback and soon her expression was riddled with sorrow. I... I didn't mean to hurt mother. Soon enough my tears were pouring harder than ever.

"I... I'm sorry mother" I barely managed to choke up.

The moment mother had extended her hand towards my forehead reminded me of him. He would always touch me as if I were some doll kept for his own entertainment. I was deeply ashamed for reciprocating any forms of affection to him. What in the world was I thinking? Pulling me away from my thoughts mother murmurs my name.

"Achelois, is everything alright?" mother questions awaiting my response.

"It's... It's just that he... w...would always touch me" I answered butchering my speech.