10. The Enchantment Part 1

Disclaimer: I'm thinking of changing the name of the story. I feel that the title, Tartarus and Achelois Return doesn't fit and might confuse people on what the story is about. Let me know what you all think! Also what do you guys think of the new cover?

Achelois (POV)

After an undisclosed amount of time has passed I get off Tartarus bed and walk over to the mirror. I wince at the reflection. My hair is out of place and my attire, frankly doesn't suit me at all. I look around the room to see another door. Curiosity got the best of me and I head straight to it, turning the golden knob to discover a large tub. Relief ensues my entire body because I have not bathed since I've been captured.

As I make way towards the tub I slowly lift up my garment exposing my back. I see that my wound has not fully healed. However I note that this is noticeably slower than usual. It must be because my wings were torn off by the devil himself I huffed. I turn my head over my shoulder to see my pure white wings are no more. I form a small frown on my face. Brushing away the unpleasant thoughts I turn the faucet on.

Once the water has ascended I slowly dip one of my legs into the tub. This is extremely soothing I thought. After I found the water to be a temperature to my liking I dip my body inside.

I reached for a bar of soap on the counter nearby the tub. I gently swirl the bar all over my body down to my legs. Once I am done I submerge my entire body deep into the running water inhaling the scent of the jasmines penetrating throughout the entire room. Now that I mention it I see that there are jasmines all over the place. "How odd" I murmur jasmines are my favorite flowers. Surely this must be some type of coincidence for Tartarus to have these here. There's no way he would have known I adore them.

Taking in a deep breath and exhaling I find myself replaying my last exchange with Tartarus time after time again. It has already been two hours since he's left and I've still have not heard anything since. Based on my encounter with him I can certainly conclude he's mad, however I do believe he does possess some degree of fondness towards me. I don't fully understand it, but I'm certain he does not "love" me. He does not know me nor does he wishes to try.

If I may recall correctly mother did say my beauty was one of a kind and the merchant I met at the village prior to these events also commented on my appearance. Sighing, I begin to feel frustrated. For Tartarus to kidnap me all because of the way I look surely means he does not value me as an individual, but as property. He even said it himself that I belong only to him causing my woes to heighten.

Still I tried to look past his horrific demeanor. At the rate things are going I may not ever escape here. I have not heard anything regarding mother and I fear the worst. Has she abandoned me? I know I've went against her wishes, but I can't help to think that I'm being punished for doing so. It seems that I'll be imprisoned indefinitely until Tartarus grows bored of me.

Nevertheless I tried to give Tartarus another chance, but he won't even answer me honestly. He couldn't even tell me his interests or dislikes when I attempted to ask. Instead he ignored all my questions, dwindling my self-respect while doing so. Yet I look back at the times we've been intimate. I can't grasp why my body betrayed my mind when he suddenly kissed me. I found myself reciprocating his affection towards me. He was so gentle and caring even when I began to weep onto his chest.

In truth I don't comprehend what my relationship with Tartarus entails. I wish he would change, but I doubt I'll be able to change him. His sudden gentleness makes me want to be with him even if it's short-lived. Gripping onto my hair I get up from the tub. While I do so I drain out all the water and wrap myself with one of the towels I see laying around.

While my body is concealed it comes to mind that the towel I have on must belong to Tartarus. My cheeks grows hot while embarrassment engulfs me. I hastily try to find my clothes without any luck. I let out a quick exhale and slouch myself against his bed. There the towel's aroma overtakes my nose. I breathe in picturing that this must be what Tartarus smells like every morning.