3. Unwelcome visitor (Revised)

Disclaimer: Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Also it doesn't hurt to share this story!

Tartarus viciously tore off the strip of clothing concealing his barren skin leaving his upper half fully exposed. His physique was well toned and as I look further down my fears heightened. He was fully capable of going through with his threats physically, not just with words alone. Hearing the sound of slight panting I looked up to see the appearance of painful scars on his lower back.

Entice by his wounds my eyes drift along the jagged tissue scarring all the way to his shoulder blade. He swiftly turns around having us face each other directly. The channels permeated through his hard core chest enhancing his muscular frame. His abdomen looked as if a river diverging into two against the rocky terrain of his outer exterior. He began to grow restless causing my body to tensed fearing what is to come. I grip onto the thin sheet of wool underneath me as an attempt to ease my nerves, but to no avail.

The sounds of his panting increases and he suddenly lets out a large growl. His body starts to darken and he begins to shift into what appears to be some sort of beast. My eyes widen as his golden eyes turn ice cold black and his short, black hair is now grey flowing down to his waist. He takes a step closer and pounces onto my leg rendering it immobile. As I try to push him aside I hear a menacing voice enough to shake the heavens along with those in its vicinity.

Mother! A huge echo screaming "Tartarus" fills the corridor. I start sobbing uncontrollably not only because I am saved, but mother will have to see me in this pathetic state.

Tartarus lets out a snarl and instantly shifts back. Almost immediately I hear a loud knock on the door. Tartarus gets up forcibly, grabbing a black cloak to place over his body as he heads towards the door. Opening the door he is met with one of his guardsmen who clearly appears distressed. In an impudent tone Tartarus responds, "What is it?! I was in the middle of something!" while looking at the guard and then back at me.

"Your sire, I'm truly sorry for interrupting your personal time, but we have trouble. Aphrodite is here and demands that you release her daughter at once."

In an annoying, but commanding tone Tartarus answers, "I do not have her daughter, now tell her to leave!"

"Sire, she has brought with her a merchant who claims that you forcefully took a young lady from one of your sacrificial villages."

Tartarus then looks at me and grumbles "hmph" exhausting the "mph" sound.

"Bring in the woman I am with and we'll go down to meet Aphrodite."

"Yes, your sire" the guard responded while waving the other guards to come get me. The guards vigorously seized my arm forcing me off the bed. I quietly comply because I didn't want to anger Tartarus and extinguish my chances of being reunited with my mother.

Going down the steps we finally reach a large room which was eerily dark. I see that Tartarus is already down preparing to meet with my mother. The guards nudge me to his side where Tartarus grabs my wrist. I scan the room until I see mother and the merchant I met at the village is escorted inside allowing me to relieve knowing that this nightmare will soon be over.

I see the merchant looked at me full of pity causing me to bring my head down. Mother is glaring at Tartarus as he squeezes my wrist painfully tight making me whimper until he lets go. Before any words could be mustered I quickly run to mother and stop abruptly when a massive wall of fire is separating me a foot away from her.

Furious mother demands to know what is the meaning of this.

"What have you done to my precious daughter?"

Tartarus coldly responds, "She is no longer your daughter, but my soon to be bride."

Hearing these words a wave of uneasiness ensues me. Tartarus words have smothered me as I think of what possible reason am I being punished for. I drop down to my knees begging and crying for mother to come save me and her forgiveness. With a disgusted look at what Tartarus has proclaimed mother swiftly puts out the sea of fire with her divine touch. But before mother can attack Tartarus and grab me to escape she is surrounded by hundreds of guards.

"What is the meaning of this? Have you forgotten who I am!? I order you to release my daughter at once or be prepared for swift justice" mother commanded in a fierce tone.

"I do not have time for these silly games" uttered Tartarus as he turns around and throws me to the ground. "You (Aphrodite) are welcome no more. Send the woman (Achelois) back to the pit."

At the sound of his words mother became ignited. Her eyes were blood-soaked red and the tip of her wings became black. Something not even I have witnessed before. In a loud, compelling voice mother uttered, "I'll be back and I'll bring the army of the heavens with me. If I find out you have as so much defiled her with your sinful urges I'll have your head!"

With that I was dragged out of the room balling my eyes out at what has happened. Kicking and screaming I am thrown into the pit along with the rest of the prisoners. In the corner of my eyes I see the tall, scrawny prisoner I spoke with earlier get up making way towards me.

Narrator (POV)

A few days later rumors have gone around that the once joyous Aphrodite has taken on the name Ania: the goddess of sorrow.

As you probably have noticed the characters in this story are Greek gods and goddess hence their naming. In the next chapter I'll give a description of what their names mean. Let me know what you think of this story and please vote/comment so I can continue writing.