8. Confrontation (Revised)

"H.....Hello?"I answered. The door slowly crept open and in walked Tartarus. I wasn't expecting him here so soon. I was foolish to even think I wouldn't run into Tartarus after all this is his room.

Our gaze met for what seemed like forever until I knock some sense into me. I hurriedly walk past him to leave the room. As I was leaving something heavy grabs my arm. I look up to see Tartarus pulling me back into the room while still latched onto my arm. He slams the door shut and lifts me in front of him startling myself.

"Where are you going?" Tartarus asks in a deep husky voice with a relaxed look on his face.

Answering face down I whisper, "Back to the pit." As soon as I finished answering he swoops in for a kiss. Startled I asked "Why did you do that?" But to no avail he simply stares at me. Feeling annoyed by this I shouted "Are you just going to stand there and look at me all day?!" Then suddenly Tartarus relaxed face turns sour and his hold on my arm begins to tighten. Before I could even speak he throws me onto the bed.

Fortunately for me I quickly regain my balance and make a dash out of his chamber. Running with all my might I make a sharp turn to only be met with an eerily black wall. Frustrated I begin to turn back only to be slam against a large thud. That thud was Tartarus only this time he was angry.

"How long will it take for you to learn your place, my pet?" Tartarus growled at me. I really did it this time, he really is going to kill me.

Tartarus grabs my hair and forces me to meet his gaze. The intensity of his gaze was frightening and soon everything begins to go dark.

Returning back to my senses I flutter my eyes open to find myself on a giant, cozy bed. Recalling all of what has transpired I rapidly got up to realize I'm back in Tartarus lair. Well isn't this pleasant I thought to myself while looking for a way to get out of here. I then feel a dark presence looming over me ferociously causing me to jump. My hair is tugged down having my eyes face to face with the demon himself. I tightly shut my eyes fearing what is to come.

"Open your eyes!"

Although the voice was powerful and intimidating I refuse to open. "No" I said in barely of a whisper.

"Unfortunately for you I wasn't asking a question, but a command." Suddenly Tartarus places his hand around my neck squeezing me lightly thus forcing my eyes to open.

"What do you want with me?" I spewed out trying to maintain my breathing at the same time.

"I want to know why did you stay in my chamber last night?"

Tartarus by now had release his hands around my neck. Coughing I place my hand over my neck knowing I'm going to bruise shortly after. I look up to see that Tartarus has kept a serious composure and is staring at me so intently my cheeks were burning. I was lost for words on what to say next. He then repeats himself, but this time with a smirk on his face.

"Could it be you finally have accepted your fate as my lover?"

The thought of Tartarus implying I have feelings for him made me deeply regret my decisions last night. Now he's probably getting the wrong idea that I actually want to be with him! Frustrated at myself for being so naïve about the situation I begin to tear up. As the tears begins to fall Tartarus grabs me burying my face onto his chest. Fearing for what else is to come, that he's actually going to taint me with his inner desires I begin to cry even harder causing me to dampen his chest.

For what seemed like forever I feel a light tap on my head and my chin is brought forward forcing me to look at Tartarus. I stopped crying and quickly wipe my tears away. Embarrassed I try to turn my head the other way, but it's no use because Tartarus still has hold of my chin.

With Tartarus tight grip on my chin I start analyzing his face and must say his features are surprisingly sharp. His piercing gold eyes can put anyone into a trance, he really is beautiful. I continued to look at his face to see his usual serious composure. I see no glimpse of emotions from him making me wonder what he could possibly be thinking. Out of all the women he could have had he chose me.

While I continue to think Tartarus uses his free hand to toy with my hair pushing me out of my thoughts. He then glide his hand down ever so lightly onto the necklace he gave me causing my entire body to freeze. Unexpectedly, Tartarus lifts me up and places me onto his lap where he suddenly pounces his lips onto mine. I try to struggle away, but my body betrays me once again. Instead I return the kiss back and my mind is overwhelmed with emotions until he abruptly stops.

Surprised by his actions I utter out "Uhhh..... ummm what was that for." But to my dismay Tartarus does not reply he simply watches me. Conflicted by his lack of response I asked once more raising my voice higher. Instead of answering me Tartarus then proceeds to rub my forehead and answers my question with a question.

"Don't you think before I answer you, you should first answer to me?" he howls causing me to tense up. I was confused at what he meant and then I realized I was still on his lap. I tried to get up, but Tartarus pushed me down and wraps his arms tightly around me. He bends his head and whispers in my ear "Aren't you going to tell me why you were in my chamber last night?"

I was completely stunned by his action. I started taking quick breaths to calm my nerves. I quietly whisper that "I truly do not know maybe it was because I was feeling lonely."

After I had finished speaking Tartarus raises my chin and ushers, "Tonight you'll be staying here with me. Shortly after I soon feel a hard lump pressed against my inner thigh.

I arose quickly pushing him away from me as my eyes widen. I knew exactly what he wanted to do with me tonight. This is completely improper for an unmarried lady to do lest alone with a demon.

Sensing my state of confusion Tartarus gets up and brings me to his side once again. For reasons unknown my body begins to feel at ease and I timidly state "I'm not ready and I'm unsure about staying the night here alone with you." Pressing me harder Tartarus replies "Well that choice is not yours to make."

I was terrified I wasn't prepared for this. Even though Tartarus proclaimed I'll be his bride we still weren't married. If mother were to find out she'd be livid for sure, but I know I wouldn't be able to stop his advances. Oddly enough Tartarus proceeds to rub my back soothing my concerns.

I sigh knowing whatever resistance I show will all all be for naught. Pouting my face I slowly lift my head up to meet Tartarus gaze. I anxiously ask him if he could tell me about himself since it's only reasonable that I know the man I'll be staying with tonight. He then looks up at me in a serious tone and asks what do I want to know.

Taking a deep breath I answer "I want to get to know you better, like your interests and dislikes."

"All you need to know is that you're my interest at the moment. You belong to me, that's already known. Now stop with this nonsense" Tartarus says while caressing my cheeks.

Shocked at his response I lean in towards him continuing to speak, "Well if I am to spend my time with you I believe it's only right that you...." But before I could finish a large knock is heard. Tartarus brushes me off and get up with so much conviction I nearly lose balance. He makes his way towards the door while leaving without answering my questions.

I couldn't believe it! I was deeply hurt acknowledging the pain in my heart. Once he is done he tells me I am not to leave this room.

"My guards will be on watched. So if you need anything ask them and they will attend to your needs."

"Ummm... when will you be back" I ask worriedly.

"I'll return tonight until then try not to get lonely in the meantime" Tartarus says while heading out of the room.

Disheartened by his actions I lay myself against his bed while placing my hands over my face in frustration.

So what did you guys think of Tartarus and Achelois relationship here?