9. Lies and Deception (Revised)

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like this piece! I appreciate all your comments in fact they motivate me to better my story! :)

Tartarus (POV)

Achelois I thought as I toyed with her hair. I was consumed by the maiden's beauty and felt an overwhelming need to take her right then and there. It was as if she was created for the sole purpose of satisfying my needs. Lust? No it's something else. I find myself truly loving her each passing day. Her words were angelic and every time she spoke I felt myself drawn closer to her. She was very innocent and I thank Aphrodite for shielding my beloved from the eyes of lustful men. However it was due to Achelois upbringing that contributed towards her dauntless behavior.

She was naïve to believe she could ever leave my side. Just thinking of her actions I find myself slightly tugging her hair, but I soon stop myself. Did she notice? I believe not. Nevertheless I must put that spirited attitude of hers in place. I may have become captivated by her looks, but mark my word if she keeps up this defiance, punishment will continue to be executed. Until then I'll just enjoy this prime specimen gifted from the heavens.

I felt the beast within me go rampage as I gawked at her long luscious curls down to her rounded bosom. Sooner or later I won't be able to control myself and will make her mine once and for all! I seize her chin with my dominant hand forcing her to look up to me. Such interesting features, I've never seen someone like her before. Just as she begins to move her lips and starts to speak I find myself snap back into reality. As I stare into her crystal grey eyes I await her response.

"Well if I am to spend my time with you I believe it's only right that you...." She hesitantly replied.

For her to want to know more about me can only strengthen our bond. I felt relieved that Achelois is beginning to open up more to me. Although it's only natural after all who could refuse I? The merciless demon, the raging tyrant who has those begging on their knees at the sound of a snap. Whatever I so desire I get, soon Achelois will belong to me once and for all. While I finish my thoughts I looked back at my beloved continuing to speak. Just as I'm waiting for Achelois to finish one of the guards knock at the door. Quickly getting up I head towards the door in an urgent matter. I turn the knob to be met with my right-hand guard, Doreius.

"Your sire, I apologize for the inconvenience, but you must leave at once."

In a deep, serious tone I ask, "Doreius, for you of all people to interrupt my alone time this must be of the utmost importance, now is it?"

"Of course sire, but it's because of that woman I'm up here now. It has to do with Ania ..."

"Ania?" I asked trying to recall anyone I've encountered with that name.

"Achelois mother formerly known as Aphrodite" Doreius responded in a cool untouched voice.

"I see ... and the situation?"

"She demands to see you at this very moment and mentions something about a proposition."

"Hmm, she may have finally come down to her senses then. Alright, I'll be there momentarily," I answer with a stone cold expression. Has that woman finally given up and accepted the imminent future that awaits Achelois and I? No she's much too stubborn from what I've heard, surely she must have something up her sleeve. Disgruntled I slam the door making way back to my beloved.

"I have matters to attend to. My guards will be on watched. So if you need anything ask them and they will attend to your needs." As I say this I can see the look of disappointment on her face. It pained me to leave her side, but I will not let order be disturb because of one woman! Heading out I make one last turn to my beloved before drifting away into the darkness.

10 minutes later .....

Opening the door as I grab onto the golden handle I am met with angry glances thrown at me. "Ania" I gritted my teeth in disdain. How can a goddess be so crude? Nevertheless I maitain my composure and take a seat directly across from that vile wrench.

"Ania I see that you've come to give your blessings to I and my pet." I say with a smirk forming at the corners of my mouth. Right after my statement Ania's expression goes from disgusted to furious. I can tell she's having a hard time remaining calm.

"Tartarus I know that you've taken a liking to my daughter, but I must tell you once more for you to break it off. You do not possess any true feelings towards her and will surely throw her out once you're done with her. As her mother I can't let my precious child face heartbreak" Ania replies in a condescending tone.

"She is no longer a child and I will claim what is rightfully mines" I responded back seriously.

Twisting her face in anguish Ania resumes speaking. "Well then how about a proposition as you already know I'm willing to do anything to get my daughter back. You've probably heard by now that I've already assemble an army to deal with you and your lackeys." Ania then pauses to look at me while a devilish smile creeps up on her face.

"I am prepared to fight you and drag Achelois out by force if need be. But a war done on both sides will lead to many casualties. I think it best not to dwell on the matter any longer, so just hand over Achelois."

Just how far will this vixen go to tear apart my beloved and I? Sighing I look around the room to see the uncertainty on my guards face. I could tell what they were thinking. They do not want to go to war for the sake of one woman, but I'll be dammed if Ania thinks she can just walk in my lair and take Achelois away. In the corner of my eye I see Doreius walking towards me as if he can sense my hesitation at Ania's proposition.

"Sire we can use that witch's assistance" Doreius whispers in a low tone to me.

Yes that's what I can do. Circe, a renowned sorceress famed for her knowledge in potions and witchcraft. She was banished to Tartarus after killing her husband in cold blood. In exchange for her discharge I'll have her cook up a love potion which I'll administer to Achelois. My beloved will become madly in love with me that she'll be dependent to my every whim. Every moment she'll yearn for my affection never wanting to leave my side and shortly after I'll take her right then and there. So be it she's mine anyway.

Looking at Ania I smile. "That may do, but what about Achelois say in the matter?"

"Hah, what are you implying? That she would agree to stay here with you!?" Ania snickered

"Well why don't you ask her yourself. At the moment she can't get enough of me" I chuckled looking straight at Ania.

"How dare you! My daughter would never leave my side to settle for the likes of you! Bring her down at once and I'll ask her personally."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Even if she were to agree to stay in Tartarus you'll continue to find ways to snatch her from my grasp. I'd prefer the council of judgment be held to bear witness to what Achelois wants. She's old enough to make her own decisions anyway. With the gods and goddess overseeing this it'll be apparent that Achelois wants to remain with me without your pestering. That'll put an end to this foolishness once and for all."

Clearing her throat Ania replies, "I don't know what you're planning to do, but I know my daughter. If you would like to host the council of judgement then so be it. But be warned if I found out you've done anything to hurt my daughter then I'll have your head!"

After Ania's infuriating speech she finally decides to accept the deal.

"I must also mention the council of judgement will be held in two days' time to gather the jurors" I said.

"Fine!" Ania responded unpleasantly.

"Well then I believe we are done for today."

I waited for Ania to be escorted and once she was gone I think of all that has happened. "Finally" I murmured Achelois will finally be mine. I let out a huge smile thinking of what the next few days will unfold. I head towards my guardsmen to begin constructing the upcoming bargain with Circe. I'll have Circe create the love potion at once. An empowering sensation engulfs my entire body just thinking of Achelois newfound longing to satisfy my needs and return my affection. I feel my body growing hotter by the second, tonight I'll have her. After I do then I'll announce our binding ceremony.

Guys we've finally caught up to where the story left off. Now we can finally get into the plot! Oh and I want to mention that you all are truly awesome!!! :) xoxo