7. A second thought (Revised)

Guys thank you for the 1K reads, it really means a lot, it's surreal!!! :)

"Over my dead body will I go back to that chamber", I hurled at the guards, but that was no use. Although I tried to act tough my body betrayed me, my ankles were shaking uncontrollably fearing what kind of punishment Tartarus will deliver me. He's already tore apart my precious wings, there's no thinking what else he'll do to me. I'm suddenly pushed out of my thoughts when one of the guardsman painfully grabs my arm. The grip was so tight I could feel my skin bruising.

The guardsmen were as ruthless as they were intimidating looking and trust me they had no shred of mercy when they came to drag me to Tartarus' chambers. They were over seven feet tall and their eye sockets were enclosed with an intensifying flame. Not only that, but their body looked as if they were sculpted for the prime reason of bringing fear to those unlucky enough to have run into them. Their wings were dark grey and looked more like bones than they did wings.

In a panic I kicked the guard with all my might causing him to let go of my arm

In a panic I kicked the guard with all my might causing him to let go of my arm. Once my arm was released I quickly take a step back only to feel a thud where I realized I'm facing a dead end. I swiftly turn my head, but it's too late the guards had already made a jab at me leaving a stinging sensation on my face. I fell onto my knees and cupped my cheeks.

Angrily I looked the guardsmen dead in the eye and barked, "How dare you touch me! What do you think will become of you, once Tartarus see's that I'm injured!?"

Instead of showing any signs of fear the guards were unfazed. The one who hit me bickers, "You're covered in injuries one more won't make a difference."

With that he orders the other guards to restrain me. Disgruntled I huffed back and started to fight back, but it was no use their strength had overpowered me. Realizing resistance was futile, I went along with them as they escorted me to a lavishly golden built door. The door was coated in jewels, it must have been worth millions. Enthralled in my astonishment the guards pushed me aside and begins knocking.

"We've brought the woman, my ...."

Out of nowhere a huge thump can be heard and the entrance leading to Tartarus chamber swung open. Lay and behold there lie Tartarus with an imposing stance. The guards shortly dispersed soon after and I was left alone with an irritated Tartarus. Just as I was about to speak Tartarus reaches out his hand. I grab his hand on impulse as he led me inside his chambers.

Hmm, how strange I thought. I had expected Tartarus to have forcibly grabbed me or shoved me to wherever he so desired. His sudden gesture left me speechless and so very confused. Snapping myself out of my thoughts I see that Tartarus had already seated himself onto his bed, gesturing for me to come join him. Slowly I made way onto his bed and sat down furthest from him. For what seemed like forever we both became entice by each other's gaze until he broke the silence.

"What happened to your face?" replied Tartarus in a husky tone.

"It's nothing" trying to change the subject I nervously asked "When will I be allowed to return home?"