Chapter 1: A change for the best

I slap him and head for the door..

"But babe, its not my fault!!!" He says chasing me.

"Oh really, not your fault!? So you just accidentally kissed that girl??" I yell at him.

"Babe. I'm sorry! I was drunk and I didn't know what was happening!" He yells back.

"Well, I don't care." I say frustrated. I open the door and take one last look at his face.

"Bye, have fun with that girl." I slam the door and try to hold back my tears. Is this a dream? This isn't real life, is it? My Mark cant do this, can he...? Oh, but what does it matter. Because he did. I race down the apartment stairs wanting to leave as soon as possible. I can't bear to look at that place anymore. It's all over... Everything. I thought he was the one.

I jump into my car and blast the radio. My favourite song was on.... OUR favourite Song.. "Whats going on in that beautiful mind..I'm on your magical mystery ride..." I start up the engine and wipe the tears away. I have to move on. Life isn't over, even though it feels like it. I start driving but I am so deep in my thoughts that I dont even notice the red light.. Everything goes black.

"Where am I....?" I say opening my eyes.

"You're at the hospital. You crashed into another car when driving. Luckily, there is no severe injuries. You can go home soon." A nurse says with a beautiful smile.

"Oh my. Who brought me here?" I say confused. The nurse points at a young man. He comesup to me.

"Hi, I'm Ricky Dillon. You crashed into my car.." He says.

"Hi! i'm Samantha Bethell. I am SO sorry. Actually, I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice what was happening. I just found out my boyfriend... I mean ex boyfriend cheated on me. But don't worry, I'm going to pay for the car! Are you okay? Oh my, I'm SO sorry." I exclaim.

"Oh. I'm sorry about him. Yeah I'm okay, thankfully. Do you want to come over to talk about the car?" He says smiling.

"Of course. How about this Thursday? Ummm... 4 pm?" I say.

''Perfect. Well see you. I got to go." He waves and walks out the hospital.

After two days, It was time to leave the hospital. I wait for my mom to pick me up. On the drive back to my place, shes getting emotional. "If something happened to you, I dont know what I would do. Sam, you're my life. Its been pretty hard after the divorce, and you're just everything to me now. You're the reason I live." She says with tears in her eyes.

My mom has been in an physical abusive relationship and I'm so glad that she got a divorce. I remember one time after I came back from school, my mom was crying. I asked her why she was crying and she told me nothing was wrong. I noticed she had bruises on her arm though. I didnt understand at that moment but it kept happening. When I got a little older I finally understood and called the police one day. I knew my mom didn't have the courage to do it. "Mom. I love you." I hold her hand and smile.

" I love you too sweetheart." She smiles back.

"Well, we are here. Take care of yourself sweetie, and tell me if you need anything! I'm sorry about Mark." She says a little sadly.

"Its okay, mom. I will, dont worry about it. I'll see you later. Bye. I love you mom." I wave goodbye and open the door to my house with my keys.

The first thing I do is check my home phone for a call from Mark. 10 missed calls. 2 voicemails. I click the button to listen to the first one. "Babe. I'm sorry, It was a big mistake. Please forgive me. I love you." My heart skips a beat. No. I can never forgive him for this. We've been together for 4 years. He can not cheat on me! I-I-I just should talk to him one more time, right? I guess. Before I could dial his number, I get a call from Ricky. I pick up.

"Hi Ricky." I say calmly.

"Hey! Are you coming tommorow so we can discuss the car?

"Yeah! I'm out of the hospital." I say.

"Oh okay... Guys, I'm talking on the phone. Be a little quieter!" He replys.

"Oh, what happened. What's that background noise?" I say confused.

"Oh, those are my roomates. I live with them. We have our own youtube channel. Do you like youtube?" Ricky says.

"Youtube? I love it. I watch so many videos! What's your channel name?" I say a little excited.

"O2L. If you want to check it out, we have personal channels too. " He says with a sweet tone.

"Of course! Okay. Well see you tommorow anyway." He says.

"Okay, bye!" I say. I hang up the phone and place it down. Well, thats nice. Maybe we can be friends!

Well, I think I'm going to check out their channels now! I hop on the computer seat, open up the laptop and go to youtube. "O.2.L. Oh! It stands for our second life. That makes more sense now." I giggle a little. Wow. 1,812, 896 subscribers! Rickys pretty famous. Lets see the other members of this channel. Kian, Jc, Sam, Trevor, Ricky. Of course and Connor! Thats quite a bit. Hmmmm. I'll check out one of their videos. How about this one? It's by the dude named Connor. What to do when you're feeling down. Perfect time to watch this video. I sighed. I clicked play. Watching the video, I realize it's pretty funny and random. Wow. These are my thoughts exactly.. Anyway. I'm tired. I yawn and decide to take a nap. Jumping into bed, I smile. Be happy, I told myself. Who knows. Maybe something better might happen soon. And with that thought, I fall asleep.