Chapter 6: I'm never going to judge again

I snap out of my thoughts and reply "WHY DID CONNOR BEAT HIM UP?"

"I don't know, you gotta come!"

"Okay, got it, on my way."

I race to the police station in my car. God, these two weeks have been so intense. First, the breakup with Mark. Then, Mark physically abused me and now Connor beat him up. Why did he do that? I am so confused and what did he need to tell me? I guess I'll figure that out when I reach the police station.

As I enter, I see Connor and Mark. Marks covered with bruises and bloody cuts. "What happened?"

The police officer tells me how Mark was taken to the police station after they found him, and how Connor burst in the police station and beat Mark up.

"Connor, why'd you do that?"

Connor opens his mouth to say something but then closes it. He looks at me with those dreamy eyes and such a sad face.

"Marks already been charged guilty in the court case and is sentenced to jail for 1 year." The police officer says. I smile. Perfect, that jerk deserves it. The deep cut on my face is now healed and there's a scar. I feel so ugly with it. Hes even ruined my image of myself.

"And what about Connor? When is he going to court?"

"This Wednesday."

It's now Wednesday and we're in court. Connor still hasn't got a chance to talk to me about what happened. But I'm about to hear everything in court today. I am scared for whats about to happen. I dont know why but I feel like crying. I don't want Connor to go to jail at all. He seems so sweet, and......wait. Do I like him? I guess I do...

The judge arrives and we all rise. He takes his seat and we sit down. The judge calls Marks lawyer and tells him to present his case.

Marks Lawyer calls up the first witness. Ricky. He walks up to the witness box and takes a seat.

"Ricky, can you tell me what happened?"

"Well, Connor went to the police station and started to hurt Mark."

"Do you know why?"

"No."

"Well, then we have to call Connor up for that."

Ricky gets up and leaves. Connor is asked the question that I am very eager to hear the answer to.

"Why?"

Connor looks at me and gulps. He takes a deep breath and sighs.

"Because Mark physically abused Samantha."
Everyone gasps. My heart drops. He did that just because of me? But, he knew how much trouble he could get in. Oh my gosh. I feel so bad for judging him, he was willing to go that extent just for me.

"And what about the consequences you would have?"

"I didn't care." He doesn't care? This is looking bad. Oh no, what if Connor serves time in jail for this. I wipe the sweat of my forehead. God, please save him.

"Okay that's enough. Connors lawyer, please present your case." The judge says.

"Connor served justice. After Mark physically abused Samantha, he decided he needed to serve him right. And Mark has no broken bones. Apart from bruises, and cuts. He is not in bad condition. He can recover soon."

"Serve justice? Samantha deserved that. Shes a dog." Mark says and gives me a threatening look with his eyes that screams "You better watch out after I get out of jail."

Connors eyes darken. He has that look again in his eyes. Its so terrifying to see him like this.

My heart races. "Quiet!" The judge yells.

"As I was saying, Mark can recover. Mark clearly abused Sam and used the shattered glass piece as a weapon even. Connor threw a few punches and kicks to Mark."

"Okay. I've had enough. I have made my decision." The judge says. God. Please don't let Connor go to jail.

"From what I can see, Connor has not done too much damage to Mark. Yet, Connor is guilty and is sentenced to jail for one week. Case is dismissed."

One week. Thats not that bad. I sigh. Although, I still have to wait a week for Connor to tell me what he needed to say. I feel so bad. Connor didn't deserve that.

One week later

Today. Today is the day Connors going to be out of jail. I leave to pick him up. He comes out of the jail and hops next to me in the car. We're alone in the car, I realize. My feelings toward him have changed so much and ever since he did that for me, I like him so much....

"Sam?"

"Connor, tell me everything that happened. Why did you do that? And what did you need to tell me?"

"Sam, I like you. I mean ever since I saw you. That day when I met you for the first time, I just felt so weird and..." His words fade out. I cant believe what I'm hearing.

Did I just hear what I think I heard? Connor... likes me. That's the first time someones liked me back. With Mark it was different, he asked me out. I didnt like him at first... in fact we didnt even have our first kiss after 4 years. I know. Hard to believe.

I stare into his eyes. He looks really worried.

"I'm sorry. I'm so stupid. I cant believe I said that, you must think I'm weird now."

He quickly opens the car door.

'I'll get home another way. Bye Sam."

Wait, what? What just happened?

I get out of the car and chase after him. "Wait, no Connor!"

He turns to look at me. Oh my gosh, his eyes. His face. So perfect, Hes just so great. To think, hes done so much for me. Well, just beat up Mark. But that's more than enough. I blush a little and am scared to say those words.

"I really like you too."

He shows off his dazzling smile and leans closer. He gives me a hug. This feels so nice. I wish I could stay like this all day.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Okay guys! There, finally! Connor told her. As well, this upcoming week (monday-sunday) i'm going to be pretty BUSY! So, I managed to already put out 6 chapters. I'll probably only be able to put out a chapter next week or at the MOST two. Theres possibly a chance, none from monday-friday. And then I would update on the weekend though. I hope you understand! I know theres not a lot of people reading though, So I should be okay :)

see you guys later. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.