Chapter 9: It just gets worse

Its been about a week since Kian found out Andrea cheated on him. He's still not doing well. I haven't seen Connor since then. We text each other and call, but Connor is more focused on Kian right now.

I pick up my cellphone and decide to call Connor. I miss him a lot, and especially after seeing the girl who kissed Mark make out with another person.... I feel horrible. I thought everything was getting better. But its not. The pain is back and its just getting worse.

I pick up my phone and decide to call Connor again. After a couple rings, he picks up.

"Hey Sam!" Connor says as he appears to be excited for something.

"Hey! Whats up? You sound really happy! How's Kian now?"

"Nothing much. I am! Kian is doing much better now, and I thought we could go on our date because of that."

I smile. "Thats awesome! Yeah, for sure! Where do you want to go this time?"

"I really like the idea of going to a restaurant. Also, I love food!" He laughs.

I laugh back. Oh, his laugh is so cute. I feel better already just talking to him. I cant wait to go on our date. I fan-girl a little and then quickly respond.

"Yeah, I'd like that! Well, I will talk to you later Connor. I really need to go to the grocery store. There's nothing in the fridge!"

"Sure. Okay, see you Sam! Bye." He  says in the sweetest voice I ever heard.

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and leave the house.   Soon, I reach the grocery store. I head to the fruits and vegetable aisle. The store is a desert today. There is literally just me and two more people in the store. I reach for the bananas until a hand clasps my mouth. I try to turn around to figure out what is going on. The person places a mask over my face. I try to scream, but there is no noise coming out. I am paralyzed and shocked by fear. What is going on? I hear a loud thud and the person lifts me up and carries me over their shoulder. GOD. NO. I picked the wrong day to go to the grocery store. Connor. Please tell me you will find me. I have no idea what is going on. Am I being kidnapped? I finally scream and get a response.

"Scream as loud as you want. We're already in the car. There's no way out now." A deep voice replies to my scream.

"Whats going on?"  He finally removes the mask over my head that is practically suffocating me.

"Mark. That's whats going on. Even though he might be in jail, we are going to finish the job."

"W-what job?" I say remembering how harshly Mark physically abused me. Shivers take over my body.

"I'm Sorry Samantha. You lived a good life, but if Mark can't have you no one else can." I frantically reach for the door handle of the car and try to yank it open. 

"There's no use." 

"YOU CANT DO THIS. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY."

"Oh please. Stop with the pleading. We're going to take you to the police station and you have to tell them how you tried to frame Mark. And then you and Mark will be together. Or... noone will be with you." He says with a bitter tone in his voice, and pulls out a pocket knife which he holds to my neck.

I immediately respond with a trembling voice "Y-yes. I'll do it."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so it was coincidentally that Kian and Andrea broke up in this book when they sort of broke up in real life.. I had the idea before that happened and I didnt want to change it. Plus, I guess since its like that in real life, its better for it to be like that in the book? 

Anyway, Any feedback? Or comments? Thank you for reading by the way. I dont know how long this book is going to go on honestly, I was thinking 20 chapters, it might be shorter but I doubt it will be longer.