Chapter 3: This isn't awkward

I splash my face with cold water and slap on a thick layer of foundation to my face. I make a weird face and apply my mascara and just a hint of lipgloss. I look into the mirror. "All better now!" I say studying my makeup closely. Is this too much? I hate wearing makeup. It makes my face feel all gloppy and disgusting. Is gloppy a word? Well, it is now.  Whatever, my face looks flawless now. I give myself a little wink in the mirror and say "Hey sexy." I chuckle realizing I'm the weirdest person I could possibly think of.  

Heading to my closet, I pick out a pair of black leggings and a simple flary white top. Wonderful. I change into my outfit and curl my hair. I pin one section of my hair back with a bobby pin. I'm so happy considering the fact I had a breakup a couple days ago. That too with Mark. I hope he doesn't call me again. I cant take it when he calls me. I put on my brightest smile and wear my black casual high heels. Perfect. I take my car keys from my bedside table and head outside.  Firing up the engine, I drive to the restaurant I'm supposed to meet Ricky and his friends at. 

About 15 minutes later, I am there. I hop out of my car, and slam the door loud accidentally. Whoops. Clumsy me. Taking out my phone, I call Ricky. He picks up instantly.

"Hey Sam. Are you here?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Are you guys here?" 

"We're here but one of our friends couldn't make it."

I smile. Maybe the creep Connor isn't here. Eh. Maybe I shouldn't be so judgmental. 

"Oh okay."

Ricky tells me where they are seated, and I finally find them.

Connors at the table. As soon as he sees me, his jaw drops. Hes looking at me like I'm a pot of gold. Oh no. I knew I put too much of that foundation on. I probably look like a clown. I try not to be nervous and sit down. "Hey guys." I give a nervous smile and stutter a bit.

"Hey Samantha. These are my friends. Kian, Jc, Connor, Sam, Trevor, and Jenn."

"Hey, that's cool. We sort of have the same name." I say to Sam.

I say hi to all of them and listen to Kian talking to Jc about the next theme for their YouTube channel. I feel like someones staring at me. I look to my right and see Connor staring at me. Again. I instantly look away. I quickly peek at him again after a minute or two. Hes still looking at me. Is he day dreaming? I direct my full attention to his face as if we are having a staring competition and see how long it takes him to realize that I'm looking back at him. He notices after a couple seconds and turns his head in the other direction. Then the other. And back to the other side. He looks pretty startled. I feel sort of embarrassed for him. His face turns as red as a tomato. Wait a second. Does he like me? I'm not sure. Maybe he just daydreams very often. To keep the situation a little less awkward, I decide to break the ice.

"So Connor." I say studying him like an essay to see how he will react. 

He turns his face slowly and his eyes are wide open. He appears to gulp a little. 

"How did you get into YouTube as a career?" 

He tries to shove the spaghetti that he is now chewing very rapidly down his mouth. I feel bad. I just made the situation even more awkward. 

"Its okay, take your time." I say trying not to make him feel uncomfortable. Although, I'm sure what I just said sounds like I'm treating him as a 5 year old kid.  

He quickly gulps down his food like his life depends on it. Poor guy. Why am I feeling so much pity for him? I'm always worrying too much about what I do or say.

"I used to always watch YouTube videos in high school and I really loved them. I decided I wanted to make my own videos. I had to go to college though and to keep up with my studying, I joined a channel called CCB 4 life. That's where I met J.C and I started collabing with that channel for Tuesdays. Then I met Ricky and some other people. And it started all from there." He gives me a look as if saying, "Is that a good answer? Was it too cheesy?" 

"That's pretty cool. Your stories more exciting. I just liked the idea of Youtube, and thought it would be a great idea for a job." I say with a blank face.

"My stories not that exciting, you should see other YouTubers." He gives a little chuckle.

Finally. This conversation isn't awkward anymore. I laugh a little back and then I realize I sound like a dieing hyena. It wasn't even that funny, why would I laugh that much? Connor doesn't give me a weird face. So, I assume that my laugh wasn't as weird as I thought it was. I still choose to take caution of my actions though throughout the rest of the dinner. It's been about an hour now and I'm having a lot of fun. Who knew hanging out with other youtubers could be this fun? I just started YouTube and haven't really got to meet so many youtubers.

Ring. Ringggggg. Ring. "Sorry guys." Jenn picks up her phone and excuses herself from the table to talk on the phone. She comes back after a couple minutes. "I got to go. I need to film a video with Awesomness Tv. So, I'll see you guys later?" 

We all say bye. She picks up her purse and leaves. "I think we should get heading soon too." Kian says. Is it me? Is that why everyone's leaving? Am I being an awkward turtle? Because I do that very often. I feel a little stupid for being paranoid and mentally slap myself. I make a self note to not over think everything that happens. 

"Yeah." Trevor says.

Now, there's just an awkward silence at the table. I hate awkward moments like these. I swear, everywhere I go. Awkward moment. I'm walking and someone stops in front of me. We both try to go around each other in the same direction. Awkward moment. "Hello?" Sam says.

I snap out of my thoughts. "Oh sorry. I was just in my thoughts. What were you saying?" UGH. I'm so stupid. I just totally embarrassed myself.

"What type of music do you like?" 

I tell him that I like several different genres and just name some random songs I love. 

"That's nice. Well we have to go now. It was nice meeting you Samantha. We should all meet up again sometime." He gets up and everyone else does.

"Same to you." I get up and tuck my chair in. I say bye to all of them and give a warm smile.

Connor looks at me quickly with a face that I can't even describe, and then leaves with the rest of his buddies. 

Well, that was nice.

I turn around and am about to leave but someones hand is placed on my shoulder. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I think that was better than my usual choppy messed up writing. Thanks for reading! Chapter 4 should be coming... im not sure actually. It depends on the amount of work I have to do. I wrote up this chapter today because I had no work. If you want chapter 4 soon, tell me, I'll try my best! Im not sure if anyones even reading though LOL. thanks to anyone who is!