after school

(a/n: omg i love kenz's smile sm!!)

k e n z i e

i walk into the detention classroom. alone. jayden and annie went to use the bathroom. i sat there for a little, with my blue gel pen in my hand, tapping away. i was bored out of my mind, the girls were taking so long.

annie, jayden, and i were never the type to get detention. but, of course, we just had to get caught passing notes. we received our first detentions. but here's what worse. we have it with our crushes. the popular boys. annie likes hayden. jayden likes connor. and i like johnny. but, i know for a fact that hayden is in a realtionship with one of the school brats, olivia richardson. and johnny is probably with mia dinoto while connor is most likely with katie donnellly.

i got so bored, that i started making my own little beat with my pen. and i started singing. i never sing aloud unless i'm with annie, jayden, or maddie.

but i know, i know, when we're far apart

it doesn't change a thing at all

yes, i know, i know that you're here in my heart

you're here to catch me if i fall, oh.

when you close you're eyes

know that i'll be there with you

when you're happy inside, know that i feel it too

when you're caught in a tide, know that i'm here to save you

cause you're always on my mind

all day and night

"wow. i had no idea that you sing. that was... amazing!" i hear a familiar voice from the door frame. i look up from the desk to meet with johnny's alluring green eyes. he walks over to the desk roight next to mine.

"th-thanks." i stutter. "where are hayden and connor?"

"they're still at their lockers. they're so slow!" johnny grins. we both laugh. "i don't think we've talked a lot."

"yeah, we haven't." i mutter.

"maybe we'll get to know each other in the next two hours."

"i guess." i say as i hear two voices coming towards the room. the quiet down once they reach the door. it was jayden and annie. they must've been surprised to see johnny and i talking. i gave them a look that says 'you're staring' and they stop staring and walk to two desks. annie gives me a little wink and i roll my eyes.

not long after, hayden and connor come barging in, chattering about something.

"hey, juan." they greet johnny. they give annie and jayden a little smile. but, they're blushing.

"juan?" i ask, confused.

"it's a nickname." johnny clears up.

after a few minutes of a comfortable silence, ms. turner comes in, her loud high heels making the most annoying noise ever.

"alright, kids! i don't really have time to stay with you guys since i have a date!" she says, straightening her red sweater. "it's against the school policy, but i honestly don't care." and with that, she was out of the room, her black heels still clacking away.

jayden, annie, and i decided to work on some biology homework from earlier today while connor, hayden, and johnny threw around a crumbled up ball of paper. it went in that cycle until the ball of paper hit jayden on the head.

"oh my god! we're so sorry." connor panics.

"it's fine! calm down. it's just a ball of paper. plus, your little game seemed pretty fun. can the girls an i join?"

"yeah!"

so, we put our homework away and joined the guys in their game of boredom. eventually, we got into some conversations.

"so, how are you and liv?" johnny asks hayden.

"is that even a question, john? you know how much i hate her and her stupid friends." hayden rolls his eyes.

"wait, what?" annie's eyes were wide.

"yeah, she's such a brat! and her friends are too! they're convinced that they're dating johnny and connor."

"wow." jayden says.

"we had no idea." i truthfully state.

"yeah. no one does. hate is a pretty strong word, but they've gotten so much on our nerves. plus, if we leave them we'll be getting hate from both of our fans and the kids from school. they're gonna claim that we 'broke their hearts' while in reality, they don't really love us. they're just using us for our fame on the internet." johnny says. they just poured their hearts out to people three girls they barely even know.

"anyways, you girls probably have boyfriends by now. right?" connor sighs.

"us? oh hell no! we're so single!" jayden laughs as annie and i nod along.

~~~

766 words

hiiiiiii! :)

how are you, ya lil' beauties? i hope you're doing well! you're awesome, by the way!

i low key jammed out to kenzie and johnny's songs while writing this...

my head hurts :(

but, oh well!

people don't read this story, but i want to be kinda cliche and start a question of the day thing for each chapter. so today's qotd is:

what are you going to be for halloween?

i'm not celebrating halloween this year... unless i go to my school's halloween dance. but, if i do, then i honestly have no idea.

btw, i'll probably be posting a lot later tonight.

anyways, tysm for reading!

xoxo,

kay