luke

k e n z i e
it was friday and today was the day of the sleepover with john and hayden. i'm not really nervous. what am i saying? i'm literally shaking as annie curls my hair!

like i said, annie was currently curling my hair. today, i am wearing an off the shoulder, burgundy crop top with some black ripped skinny jeans. they're only ripped at the knees. i wore my normal, casual converse. annie, on the other hand, was wearing an oversized pale yellow sweater that says the word "lazy" on it. she paired it with some light blue ripped skinny jeans. unlike mine, her jeans were ripped at the knees and above. paired with her outfit, she wore something comfortable. her slides. i already straightened her naturally wavy hair.

"you ready for tonight?" my brunette best friend asks me as we each grab a piece of toast from the toaster. maddie had already left for jack's place.

"i'm honestly a little nervous. i mean we've been crushing on these boys for so long!" i tell her.

"i feel you, kenz. i'm kind of nervous too." she admits. "let's just leave for school."

together, we walk out of the door and hop into my car. filling the comfortable silence was the sound of the radio. to be exact, the song bad at love by halsey was playing.

it wasn't long until annie began to sing the lyrics in her mellifluous voice. i just listened until my mind decided to sing along with her out of the blue.

"got a girl with california eyes. and i thought that she could really be the one this time. but i never got the chance to make her mine, because she fell in love with little thin white lines. london girl with an attitude. we never told no one, but we looked so cute. both got way better things to do, but i always think about her when i'm riding through." we sang.

"annie, i really wish that you sang more!" i complimented her.

"oh hell no! i suck at singing! kenzie, you're really good though."

annie was a lot like me. we both always doubting ourselves. but, i could really see potential for anns when it comes to music.

"i don't think so." i sighed, stopping at the red light.

"whatever."

~

annie and i walked into the school.

"julianna." we hear a male voice from behind us. we spin around on our heels to see a boy i have never seen before, staring directly at my best friend. and form the look on her face, she didn't know who he was either.

"w-who are you? and h-how do you know my n-name?" she stutters out quietly, in utter shock.

"my name is luke and that's all you need to know." he states. in the blink of an eye, he walks up to annie, winks at her as he bites his lip. i was about to say something, but i already heard a familiar voice from afar. it was hayden. i look over and see him with an angry expression plastered on his face and john walking next to him with a face mixed with wrath and confusion.

"dude, what the fuck!" hayden begins. annie, johnny, and i try to stop him, but he doesn't. "you don't just go around trying to find girls to fuck!"

"hayden summerall, correct? why are you telling me what to do?" luke fumes.

"because i don't want an idiot like you to practically rape an innocent and sweet girl like annie!"

"what the fu-" luke got cut off by a girl who looks a lot like him.

"luke, leave them alone!" she grabs him away before a crowd could even form.

"i'm gonna get you leblanc!" he yells before being dragged away by the girl. if i remember correctly, her name was sydney. maybe they were twins.

"oh my god, anns! are you okay?" i quickly engulf her into a huge hug while hayden and john try to calm her down.

"i will be, it was just kind of out of the blue." she said, breathing heavily.

"let's change the subject." johnny suggests. "are y'all ready for the sleepover tonight?"

"hell yeah!"

"yeah, but i'm not sure about what my parents think about having two guys over. but they know that kenz is gonna be there so i don't think they're that worried." annie mentions.

~

annie and i were currently at her house, waiting for the boys to come. hayley's excited to meet them. probably more excited than us. it's cute.

i wonder how tonight will go. annie and i have been crushing on these guys from afar for so long. i would've never though that we'd all be having a sleepover one day. never in a million years.

my thoughts we're interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"i'll get it!" annie and i yelled at the same time. we giggled. the leblanc's house was practically my second house. they used to have a guest room, but now, it's the room where i keep all of my stuff for when i stay over. Hayley's friends, alexa and piper, took over their other guest room, so they don't have one at all. it's the same situation at my place.

annie quickly walked over to the front door and opened it as i followed behind her. we were both pretty excited but also nervous at the same time.

"hi guys!" they both greet us once the door opens.

"hi! come in!" annie motions for them to go inside the house. they set their bags down and we stand there in a comfortable silence until johnny breaks it.

"so? what're you waiting for? let's get this party started!" he yells, making annie, hayden, and i fall into fits of laughter.

~

973 words.
hi.
bye.

lol idk what to say okay bye fr

-kay : )