saturday

a n n i e
i wake up to my mom and hayley waking the me up, along with kenzie, hayden, and johnny. we slept on the floor of my bedroom.

"guys, wake up. it's saturday. i'll take you guys to the mall. hayley is going to a birthday party later today." my mom says as she stands in the frame of the doorway.

"ooh! the mall. okay, katie!" kenzie jumps up.

i groaned. "how can you get up so easily, kenz?" the boys nod in agreement and nuzzle their heads back into their pillows.

"when i hear the word mall, sleep becomes a thing of the past." she says. i giggle and the boys chuckle.

"i guess i could get up for the mall. hey, you dumb fucks." i say to hayden and john. "get you asses up."

"julianna grace leblanc." my mom narrows her eyes at me. "your twelve year old sister is in the room."

"oh, come on, mom! i cussed when i was twelve! i bet hayley does it around her friends!"

"whatever, annie. just don't cuss in front of hayhay."

"fine." i groan. "come on dumb butts!" i say in place of the last nickname. slowly but surely, we all got up.

last night was fun. we watched a dog's purpose and kenzie and i cried for the whole duration of the movie. my feelings for hayden grew even more. kenz told me the same thing about johnny when we went to go get some chips. i think john has feelings for mackenzie. which is why i'm going to ask hayden about it later today.

when my mom and hayley left the room, we all decided to take turns changing in my bathroom and the guest bathroom. also known as the bathroom that kenzie took over.

sooner or later, we were all ready. my mom, hayley, hayden, john, kenz, and i all loaded into my mom's car. mom was going to drop hayley off to her friend's birthday party after she took us to the mall.

in the car, hayley say in the front since it was her turn to, john and kenz in the middle, and hayden and i in the back. this was the perfect time to secretly ask hayden if johnny likes mackenzie. so, when jenzie was busy jamming out to alessia cara and being loud, i whispered to hayden.

"can i talk to you?"

"uh... okay? did i do anything wrong?" he asks, anxious.

"no, no! it isn't you, hay. it's about jenzie." i reassure him.

"jenzie? oh, jenzie! johnny and mackenzie!" he realizes, looking stupider than me when i realized that the target logo was a target.

"no shit sherlock!" i smack his arm. "but, i have to know something. kenzie likes johnny, it's pretty obvious. and i think john also likes kenz. do you know if he does?" i was still whispering and jenzie was still being loud as fuck.

"okay..." hayden looked up at them to make sure they weren't paying attention. "don't tell johnny i told you, but he does really like kenzie. even though we've all only become close for a few days, he practically loves her. actually, he even liked her before we all started talking. he used to admire her from far away. kind of like how i used to..." he trails off. "sorry, but jenzie."

"wait, what were you talking about?" i question him.

"no-nothing." he stutters out.

"okay... well i won't force it out of you right now, but just know that you're gonna have to tell me soon. or else i'm, and just gonna be more confused. but, yeah, jenzie."

"what's a jenzie?" johnny asks as he turns to us.

"uh- i"

"it's you and kenzie's ship name!" hayden says, giving me a friendly wink and reassuring nod. oh, i see what he's up to. he's gonna try to set those to little lovebirds together! this is the start!

"what?! julianna grace leblanc!" kenz practically screeches.

"hayden taylor summerall!" johnny yells at the same time kenzie said my name. hayden and i giggled mischievously while hayley and my mom were dying of laughter.

"alright, kids! shut it with your little ship names, cause we're here!" my mom parks the car and the next thing i know, kenzie and i are dragging hayden and johnny around to stores like forever 21, papaya, and pink. my mom called me and told me that she had an emergency shift at work. hayley ended up sleeping over at her friend's house, and my dad had been on a business trip for the past two weeks. that means that no one could drive us home.

"why don't we get an uber, get some food, and get another uber back to annie's place?" kenzie suggests. We all nodded our heads in agreement.

we went to this place called tanya's. tonight, they were doing karaoke night.

"hey! you and kenz should do it" hayden says.

"yeah!" johnny grins with excitement.

it took a lot of convincing, but we did agree only if they did it with us. the plan ended up being that hayden and i sing the song 'little do you know' together and johnny and mackenzie sing 'closer' together.

first, john and kenzie went up. they did amazing. hayden and i caught it on camera for instagram. the way they looked into each others' eyes. it looked like they were... in love?

then, it was our turn. this song always reminded me of my brother after we lost him. anyways, let's not get this too depressing. hayden and i sang the song. at first, i was a little nervous and my voice was shaky, but i soon got used to it.

now, i understand why johnny and kenzie were looking at each other like that. well, that's because it feels like it's happening with hayden and i. but obviously, hayden doesn't like me. why would he.

he doesn't like me.
right?

~

996 words.
i like this chapter but i still think it's bad lol i suck at writing whoop whoop.

WORDS FAIL WORDS FAIL THERES NOTHING I CAN SAY

wow, i love dear evan hansen

okay welp bye