"do you believe in love?"

k e n z i e
2 months later

everything has been going amazing for me. annie told me that johnny has feelings for me. thank god i have annie. or else, i wouldn't have known at all. i really like johnny. it's kind of obvious, though.

as a group, we have gotten extremely close. we have a group chat now. never would i have imagined that i would have a group chat with my best friend and two of the most popular boys in the school. people find it weird that we all hang out since hayden and johnny are so popular and annie and i were basically nobodys. but, i don't mind it.

today, annie, hayden, john, and i are going to go and hang out at this hidden garden that johnny said he found a few years ago in the quieter side of town. all of the plans were made and settled perfectly until annie texted us in the group chat.

annie: hey guys! so we have a change of plans. i can't come because hayley got sick and my parents are on a business trip. :/ please go without me! i don't want to ruin your fun!

hayden: actually... i can't come either. my brother, dylan, needs help moving out of his apartment. but, like annie said, you two go on your own. : )

john: it's all good guys! kenzie and i can go on our own if she's up to it.

kenz: it's okay! and yeah, johnny, we can still go.

john: pick you up in an hour? dress nice!

kenz: of course!!

i decided that i should start getting ready. i decided that i would take a shower when i got back so i wouldn't have to blow dry my hair. i picked out this cute dressy romper with a floral baby blue design in it. the rest of it is white. i chose plain black flats to go with it. then, i straightened my hair and curled then ends. for my makeup, i just did my natural look with nude lipstick. when i was done, i looked over at the clock to see that it's almost 7:00. john should be here any minute. i made my way downstairs and scrolled through instagram. luckily, no one was down there to bombard me with questions.

sooner or later, i heard someone honk there horn. i immediately knew it was johnny. so, i got my purse and headed out the door.

johnny was in his car dressed in a nice short sleeved blue bottom up and black jeans. i liked it. dressy but also not too dressy.

"wow mackenzie... you look amazing." he stared at me with admiration in his eyes.

"thank you, john. i can say the same to you." i smiled at the green eyed boy sitting next to me.

the car ride was enjoyable. we listened to music, but we kept it low so we could engage in our own little conversations.

when we reached the garden, i was speechless. the flowers were scattered across everywhere. the vibrant and eye catching colors of them were absolutely charming.

"it's... breathtaking." i mumble as johnny and i walk through along the path of the garden.

"i'm glad you like it." he grinned at me. goodness, his smile is beautiful.

we continued to walk until we took a turn. displayed in front of us was a beautiful blue bandstand. there were fireflies out by now so the flowers were still visible. we cautiously walk up to the platform stand in a comfortable silence. that was until johnny broke it.

"do you believe in love?"

"huh?" that was a little random.

"do you believe in love?" he repeats, his green eyes staring directly into my brown ones.

"well... yes." i reply.

"do you love anyone?" he says, stepping a little closer to me. i stayed silent.

"mackenzie?"

"y-yes. i love y-you." i nervously stutter out.

and with that, he smashed his plump lips with mine. i was taken aback, yet i still kissed back. adrenaline rushes through me as my heart beats rapidly. i felt alive. like i was a totally different person while i was kissing him. i felt like the strongest girl alive. i felt like I could do anything. his muscular arms wrapped around my waist making me feel safe.

when we pulled apart, he said something that made me blush and smile profusely.

"i love you too."

his arms were still wrapped around my waist and our foreheads were rested against each other.

"kenz, i've only gotten to know you for the past few months... but can we please give us a try?" he asks me.

"are you aski-" he cuts me off.

"yes. mackenzie frances ziegler, will you be my girlfriend?"

"yes, johnny! yes!" i jumped into his arms, my legs wrapping around his waist, and kissed him for the second time today.

~

833 words.

JENZIE HAPPENED DINFIEJJDDIND

who's excited?!!??!

also: yay double update!

tysm for reading!!