Chapter 4

"SHES THE KEYS TO MY STARTER, SHES THE KEYS TO MY STARTER, SHES THE KEYS TO THE STARTER OF MY AUTOMATIC CAR" my alarm blared through my room. I jumped out of bed with my hand on my chest stilling trying to control my heartbeat. Every early morning I went through this. I chose 'Crank It Up' by David Guetta as my alarm because of the very sudden and loud beat at the start of the song. It never failed to wake me.

"Bella you awake?" Mum came in checking I was up so I could get ready for today.

"Uhhh im up" I replied back as she turned the light on and left the room.

The butterflies in my belly were eating away at my stomach begging to come out. I sighed; I've been treading this day for so long. I straightened up my bed sheets and walked over to my white wardrobe that I decided to put beside the door. There is was, my new school uniform hanging off a hanger staring back at me. I striped down, unhooked the clothing and got changed. I continued getting ready for school, made myself cinnamon toast for breakfast and met with the family in the car.

We pulled up at the primary school down the road, dropped off the younger two and waved them off to their second day of their new school. Nick and Lina started their school yesterday and had no troubles, but then again they're kids. Chris also started his first day at high school yesterday, he loves it, and he says it's great. I on the other hand started today, for some reason the school thought it was best. We pulled up in front of my new school right near the administration office and I waved mum bye as she drove off.

I walked through the big glass doors and I felt my heart drop at the thought of only knowing one person here; my brother. "Um, I'm Bella the new girl" I told the office lady who then directed me to sit down for the time being. I sat myself down on the lounge next to the trophy cabinet and started talking to the girl who was sitting there too.

"Um hey I'm Bella. Im new here" I introduced myself.

"Danielle, but just call me DJ. Don't worry im new here too"

We continued talking until we were instructed to go sign in and organise our class timetables.

The first few periods leading up to recess I talked to no one, mostly because most of the time I spent by myself organising my own class. I got invited to sit with a bunch of girls at break time though. They asked so many questions.

"So are you doing PASS or Wood work" one of the girls questioned me

"I don't know, I'm thinking PASS. I like sport so..." I said, she squealed and pointed to her timetable. We had the same classes together. The bell rang signalling us to go back to class. I headed to PASS with my new friend. I came up to a massive hall which we would have class in.

"It's a prac lesson today I think, don't worry we can just sit out today" Ebony said to me. I nodded following her keeping my head down to everyone else who was seated on the stage.

"GUYYSSSSS THIS IS BELLA" she introduced me to everyone, giving me a bunch of names and faces to remember. "So this is Georgia, Reagan, and another Georgia" I zoned out not listening to the names until I heard her say "and this is Luke". I looked up expecting to see some other guy but Luke; the boy I keep running into sat there. I went to smile at him but he looked at me, opened his mouth a little, closed it and went back to laughing with his friends.

"Ok guys, your normal teacher isn't here today so you have me. Let's play binball" the short scrawny looking female teacher interrupted us. Everyone jumped off the stage and organise themselves into teams while Reagan, Ebony and I went to go sit in front of the goals. I knew we would regret it but oh well.

"So what brought you to this shit place" Reagan asked.

"Just a new start, I guess" I answered back. I continued answering her questions. Oh boy was I set into this for the next couple of weeks. Surprisingly my nerves minimised down quite abit. That was until Ebony opened her trap.

"I saw the little stare between you and Luke before. AYYYY what's going on there? Do yous know each other?"

"No, what? There was no stare. Anyways what usually happens in this town?" I quickly changed the subject. I didn't want them knowing anything. We dodged a few balls during the first game and the class was dismissed to go get a quick drink.

A gasp left the girls mouth which left me confused. "BELLA! DUCK" Reagan screamed. I panicked, turning around gaining a soccer ball to the face. I got up brushing my skirt off and started walking to the stage where I knew I'd be safer. The girls came and joined me repeatedly asking if im ok. "Im fine" I kept saying. "Who kicked it anyways?" I asked.

"Luke, he went to walk over but all his mates pulled him back and then Luke started laughing mimicking your reaction" They said in unison. I gulped.

"Okay Bella, we are going to fill you in what everyone is and what their reputation is" Reagan laughed. "Firstly Luke and his group of friends are assholes. They judge everyone, they're disrespectful and immature. You'd think by this time of their lives they would've grown up already but nope and to make it even more worse, they have a YouTube channel called the 'Janoskians' where they video themselves doing these immature acts"

"Im sure they not that ba-" I half said when she cut me off.

"Michelle over there" she pointed over near the stairs, "she's a total slut, everyone hates her and those girls near here are her little group or well minions. If only they realised no one likes them." I went to go speak again but once again she cut me off. "I'm not done. Okay those are the ferals, nerds and that's the sporty kids" she finished off by pointing to each group. The bell rang once again signalling lunch.

The rest of the day was kind of a blur, it went slow but I chose to ignore everything except when I had to introduce myself to each class. At the end of the day I walked myself down to the oak tree my brother told me to meet him at in the afternoon so we could walk home together. 15 mins past and I felt my phone vibrated.

1 new message: Ugly brother

Sorry I decided to walk home with some friends.

I sighed as I picked up my heavy black backpack. I started walking towards the front gate when I could feel someone following. I turned around and no one was there. I made it out the gate when I decided to put my earphones in considering it was going to be a long walk home. A cold chill ran down my back as I sensed someone behind me. A tap to the shoulder made me jump and elbow the person behind me in the gut. Guilt overcame me as I turn around to see Luke clutching his stomach gasping for air.

"I guess pay backs a bitch" he managed to get out.

"I'm sorry" I spoke sympathically rubbing his arm.

"No I should be sorry, I kicked a ball at your face, didn't apologise then scared the living shit out of you" he argued.

"Valid point" I said starting to walk off angrily remembering today's incident.

"Bella, wait up." He jogged up to me.

"I'd rather walk alone right now" I hissed at him.

"Please just at least let me walk you home. It's the least I could do" I nodded at his request.

"You never told me you moved here" he laughed.

"Yeah well I don't usually interact with people after they kicked a ball at my face" I giggled back. We talked like best friends the whole walk back to my house. "Well this is my house, I better get going" I went to walk off but the grasp of his hand around my wrist stopped me.

He pulled me back leaving me only inches away from him. His breath warming my face and his eyes staring right at me. "Keep away from me at school, it's for the best" he whispered.

"What? Can't be seen with the new girl? Might kill your reputation?" I spat back.

"No, I just won't be able to resist d..." he didn't finish. I pushed past him quickly walking up to the front door. As I went to open the door I looked back to see him biting his lip leaning against the fence.

I don't know what Reagan is going on about. Luke is far from disrespectful and immature. From what I've seen he is just looking out for me, bubbly but at the same time very sexy. I just feel like he is hiding something big.