Chapter 19

The school bell rang signalling the end of school and my journey to trying pot. It has been one of the major things consuming my thoughts all day. I’ve seen people do it in the movies and I think I can get through it perfectly. The other thing on my mind was Luke. He came late to school today and usually I wouldn’t care but it got me worried today. I know he could’ve slept in but there’s always the possibility of another drug deal or even worse dealing with Benji. The paranoia had been eating me alive.

I tossed my books and pencil case into my school bag, headed out of my English classroom and out of the building. The crisp breeze sent chills down my spine and my hair to cross my face. The sun hasn’t come out all day and it looked like it would’ve rained any moment today but it hasn’t. I passed by the normal crowd of students hanging around the school gates waiting for their bus and started my stroll to the boy’s house considering Beau didn’t want to come pick me up. I don’t blame him though, his not my personal taxi driver and anyways it’s nice to walk about.

A high pitched scream followed by a car horn made me jump and look up. Stupid teenagers crossing the road without looking to see if cars were coming, thank god the girls didn’t hit though but it did make a scene. Every Penola student had turned around to see the ruckus, including Luke. Fuck.

I forgot he was going to be at the house today. For a moment I even forgot that he lived there. How could I be so stupid, durrr Bella it’s his house too. I quickly scurried behind a tree that was stubby enough to hide my figure before he noticed me and grabbed out my phone to text Beau.

To: Beau isn’t a drug dealer

Wtf, is Luke going to be home this arvo? You know he can’t see me doing this

I didn’t move from my position and within seconds he replied.

From: Beau isn’t a drug dealer

Shit I forgot to get rid of him, sorry. Just sneak in and I’ll keep you hidden

I sighed but agreed to; there was no way I was cancelling. I’ve been waiting for this all day. I continued my walk being wary of Luke’s actions and making sure I don’t get seen by him. As we came up to their street I stopped, sat under a tree and started picking at the grass and tearing up leaves while waiting a little while before sneaking in. I planned to wait 5 minutes before going in.

Once the time on my cheap $10 watch I got from K-mart hit 4:15 I got up, dusted the dirt off my skirt and headed off. A variety of brown, orange, yellow and even some green leaves covered the front lawn of their house. I raced up the driveway, opened the front door slightly and peered in to find Luke nowhere in sight so I decided to follow my original plan and sneak in then bolt up the stairs.

“About time you got here” Beau chuckled as I closed his bedroom door behind me and gasped for air. Running up those stairs was probably the most intense exercise I’d be doing all year.

“Well sorry I forgot to get rid of Luke” I said sarcastically dropping my bag on the ground. Beau patted the spot next to him on the floor so I joined him on the rough brown carpet. I glanced around to find the usual things you would find in a teenage boys room; bed, drawers, posters, a stack of video games and a TV connected to a gaming system. The only peculiar thing was the colour of the walls. It was purple.

“Here hold this” Beau instructed placing a lighter and a bag of weed into my hands.

I thanked him for such strange things and he left the room. Seconds later he returned with a bong filled with warm water, sat back in his original place and began getting it all ready.

“Have you smoked cigarettes before?” he asked. I nodded. I had only tried them once resulting in me coughing my guts up and swearing that I wouldn’t touch another one of those killers ever again. “Okay well, it’s kind of like that. I mean you inhale and exhale the same”

I kept nodding at the rest of his instructions and explanations wishing he would hurry up already.

“Watch me do it first then you can try” he placed the top of the bong over his mouth, lit the other end and inhaled deeply. A cloud of smoke blanketed the air as he exhaled and smiled from ear to ear. “Now you try” he handed me the bong and lighter.

“Can you help me?” he laughed at my question and showed me again what to do. His hand had held of my wrist as he helped me lit the lighter and watched me inhale.

I tried holding it in but it got too much. I instantly began coughing like crazy but felt relaxed afterwards.

“Some people don’t get high on their first time trying it, some people take just a few hits.” He said encouraging me to take another hit. I did it again with ease and blew the smoke out just like Beau did before. He patted my back as I took another shot and passed it to him.

I looked down at my hands and I swear they were growing purple. The room around me looked like normal though. “I think it worked” I giggled and giggled and giggled and giggled. I couldn’t stop giggling; everything that he said was hilarious, everything that I said was hilarious, everything was just so fucking funny. He began laughing too. It was like a chain reaction or a contagious disease. The green eyed boy passed me the bong and inhaled, curled my lips and exhaled out little rings into the air.

My legs felt like a million volts were flowing through them as I tried to get up. Beau was yelling something at me but I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying; it was just all a big mumble filled with the sound of music. A melody that just kept repeating it’s self after the third note. By now I was on my feet dancing around the room barking at every poster that was placed on his wall.

I felt so free and relaxed; nothing could possibly stop me now.

The smashing of glass echoed through the room and shatters covered the floor. I couldn’t comprehend what had just happened. I tried to apologise to the glass but it wouldn’t talk back. In the background I could hear the faint stomping of feet.

“What the hell is going on in here? I heard bumps and a glass smash?” Luke swung the door open unaware of my presence behind the bed. Beau just pointed in my direction.

With no common sense or self-control I peeked up and waved to him. His eyes widen and then he gave me the same look he gave me the night he seen me with the girls.

----

(a/n)

I've been getting more motivated to keep writing now haha.

I'm just wondering, should i start doing others POVs or keep it how it is?

Please vote and comment x