40

n// this is unedited so if you see any mistakes please point them out and i'll fix them!! thank you and enjoy!!!

The weeks after the battle were filled with numerous crying sessions, mental health days, naps, more crying, nightmares, ice cream, and all around comforting in the Mikaelson household. Klaus, being the good father that he was, kept Darla at home, and made sure she had everything she needed. Sketch pads, pencils, paints, food, water, comfort, Kit, and, finally, a therapist.

Camille O'Connell — or, Cami, as she preferred to be called — was a cliché in every sense of the word. A therapist who worked as a bartender, a good hearted woman with a dark past, and an employee of Klaus Mikaelson that had fallen under his spell. And that's exactly why Darla liked her so much. She was predictable. She could map out everything the woman was going to do with her before she was going to do it, and it brought her a sense of comfort, in a way.

Not to mention that she totally saw the way that her father and her therapist had been looking at each other.

Darla could tell that her father fancied the beautiful blonde woman, and that he felt remorse every time he compelled her to forget some supernatural detail about her own trauma. But, to make up for it, he did take her out occasionally, when he thought that his daughter wouldn't notice.

(Spoiler alert: she noticed.)

But other than that, things were starting to fall back into place for Darla. She was on her journey to healing, her relationships with her loved ones had never been stronger, and she was beginning to smile and go back to her old self again. And with that being said, she decided that she wanted to go back to school.

It took a lot of persuading, a recommendation from her therapist, and maybe even some crocodile tears, but she eventually got what she wanted. Her father had finally succumbed to her wishes to go back to school.

Walking up the steps to the high school, she looked around at the familiar faces of her peers. It seemed like aeons had passed since she'd seen them last, and she was happy to see them. But as she saw the memorial for her fallen friend, Belle, she felt the deep pit of remorse and guilt creep back up on her.

"It wasn't your fault," A voice spoke from behind her, causing her to jump out of her thoughts with a flinch. "You didn't do anything."

Sighing in relief at the sight of her beloved boyfriend, and walked straight into his embrace and put her head on his chest.

"I hate him," She muttered, pushed back the tears in her eyes. "I hate Mikael for doing this to me. To us. To her."

"I know. And I hate him, too," Kit muttered in agreement, planting a kiss on his girlfriend's head. "But he's gone, now. He can't hurt anyone else."

"That doesn't bring Belle back, though."

Kit sighed and held onto Darla a little tighter than before, resting his chin on top of her head. They stood in silence for a bit, just looking at Belle's memorial, and thinking. But, as things do, they come to an end.

Hearing the bell ring, they reluctantly let go of one another, and looked toward the large clock at the end of the hallway.

"Come on," Kit spoke, taking Darla's hand. "I'll walk you to class."

"Can we stop by my locker, first?" She inquired. "I think my notebook is still in there."

"Think?"

"It's been a while since I've been here, okay?"

Laughing a little bit, Kit slung an arm over her shoulder and nodded, starting the short walk to her locker. Of course, being the Mr. Personality that he was, everyone welcomed their school's royalty back with open arms. And, of course, that was passed on to Darla, as well. And as stupid as it sounded, it made her feel a little bit better. It made her feel welcomed and safe amongst her peers.

Arriving at her locker, she quickly entered her combination, and opened the door whole Kit absentmindedly caught up with
someone from his music class.

But, much to her surprise, when she opened her locker, a note fell out. Furrowing her brow, she picked it up.

"Everything okay?" Kit asked, seeing her confusion. "What's that?"

And because she didn't want to bring him into even more perennially dangerous situations, she lied.

"Yeah," She smiled, stuffing the piece of folded paper into her pocket. "Just some notes that I forgot I put in here."

"You sure?"

"Positive." She smiled again, leaning up to peck his lips. "Now come on, before we're late."

Nodding, Kit bid his friend goodbye as Darla grabbed the book she needed and began walking to class.

"Meet you here on break?" Kit asked, already knowing the answer.

"Of course." She answered, clutching the note in her pocket subtly.

"God, I love not having to do make up work," Kit laughed. "Have I ever told you about how much I love compulsion?"

"A few times," Darla rolled her eyes. "Now, go. You're going to be late to class if you stay any longer."

"Alright, alright," Kit laughed, holding his hands up in mock surrender. "I'll see you in a bit."

"See you in a bit."

Smiling, the two shared one last kiss before parting. And as soon as Darla was sure that he was out of sight, she pulled the now crumpled up piece of paper out of her pocket. Opening it, she scanned the words that made little to no sense at all to her.

Edward Maxwell
800 E. Dickinson Lane, New Orleans, Louisiana

You're welcome.

n// shit is about to go down!!

also ps i have no clue if that's a real address i just made that up rn so lol don't hate

ANYWAYS what do you think is gonna happen next? did you like the chapter? what were your thoughts about me bringing cami into all of this? what do you think darla is going to do with the note? how do you think klaus is going to react? please comment your ideas and feelings i really want to hear them!!

regardless, i hope you enjoyed the chapter!!