43

n// y'all ain't ready smh i'm not even ready and i wrote this lol

¡long chapter warning!

Klaus couldn't remember the last time he'd been so worried.

Darla and Kit were nowhere to be found, and it was getting darker and darker by the second. It didn't help that his daughter was not answering her phone, either. He would know, seeing as he'd called a total of forty-six times in the time that he'd realised that she'd been late.

"What's the point of paying for the bloody thing if she never bloody answers it?!" He raged, pacing back and forth in the foyer.

"Klaus, calm down," Rebekah spoke, bouncing her leg up and down anxiously. "Getting angry will not help the situation at all."

"Neither will you telling me what to do, sister, but here you are, doing just that."

"Niklaus," Elijah chastised, coming to his little sister's defence. "Rebekah is right. You're being—"

"Kit finally answered," Kol interrupted, walking into the room, slightly breathless. "He said he was studying, and that that's why he didn't pick up the damn phone."

"Is Darla with him?!" Klaus asked, not caring about the boy's excuses.

All he cared about was his daughter's safety.

"No," Kol replied, causing everyone in the room to tense up. "Apparently she requested that she walk home alone today."

"And he let her?!"

Kol nodded, making everyone in the room more scared than they were before, and they didn't know that was even possible.

"What else did he say?" Freya questioned, keeping the ball rolling.

"He said that she'd been acting off the entire day. He assumed that it was because of her first day being back at school, but after he thought about it for a while, it all started after she read some note in her locker."

"Did he see what it said?" Elijah questioned urgently.

Before this new revelation, the Mikaelson siblings just assumed that she'd gone off with Kit and lost track of time or something like that. But now that they learned that she wasn't with him, they were all on the highest alert.

"No, but it got a pretty good reaction out of her, though. He asked what it said, however, and she said it was just a page of notes. Kit's thinking that that was a lie now, and wants us all to know that he is sorry, and that he is willing to do whatever it takes to find her."

Klaus' mind was in shambles. He knew his daughter better than anyone, and she wouldn't just not come home like this. She just wouldn't. It wasn't who she was.

Or was it?

Darla sat in her newly found father's truck, cuddled into his side as he had his arm wrapped around her shoulders loosely. It was nice, and Darla really wished that she could stay in that moment forever. The soft rock music playing in the background, the scent of her dad's cologne, the dim glow of the traffic lights and overall shine of the city coming through the windows, even the picture of her mother and father on the dashboard. She took it all in. Every single piece of it.