45

"Darla?"

Darla grinned at the sight and sound of her biological father and dashed over to him, greeting him in a warm embrace. Edward beamed right back at her and welcomed the hug, still feeling that same off sensation he felt the first time they'd met.

It'd been a few days since Darla and Klaus'... altercation, and all had (for the most part) returned back to normal. Elijah had come home, Kol was playing his tricks again, Freya had her magazines, Rebekah was smiling once more, and the infamous Klaus and Darla Mikaelson were back on their good terms concerning Darla's long lost biological parent.

Even so, Klaus couldn't help but feel the urge to rip out the man's spleen for hugging his daughter and holding her close — much like he always did with her.

"Hey," She greeted, pulling away from the man's embrace. "Uh, Edward, there's someone I'd like you to meet. Edward, meet my dad, Klaus. Dad, meet my other dad, Edward."

Klaus and Edward stared each other down for a moment, a hint of jealousy just barely noticeable in each other's eyes. Edward was a little bit upset that Darla had not taken to calling him dad, yet, and Klaus was salty about Edward being there in general. But nevertheless, the two shook hands — an act that meant the world to their Darla Hope.

"Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Edward." Klaus spoke, practically forcing the words out.

"Likewise, Klaus." The all-American man responded, matching Klaus' extra firm handshake.

What? He wasn't just going to let Klaus win, now was he?

"Come on," Darla smiled, taking both of their hands in her own and beginning to walk into the establishment. "I'm famished."

Klaus and Edward had been so caught up in their little moment that they'd both managed to forget where they were. They were stood outside some quaint little restaurant in the heart of New Orleans, and as soon as they walked in, all three of them were met with the smells of the city they loved.

"Table for three?" The pretty woman with an apron asked, resulting in an enthusiastic nod from Darla. "Great! Right this way."

"I love this place," Edward smiled, breathing in the scent of all the delicacies. "Molly loved it, as well."

At the mention of her late mother, Darla's mood shifted, reminding her of the true reality that was her origin. But nevertheless, she smiled, and sat down in the booth they were guided to, plopping herself in the middle with a father on each side.

"So, Edward," Klaus began once they were situated. "What is it that you do for a living?"

"I own a bar," He answered. "It's in the quarter, though I doubt you've heard of it."

"And why is that?"

"Because it isn't really somewhere I'd pin a Mikaelson."

The silence was thick between the two, both staring each other down. Noticing this, Darla quickly diffused the tension.

"So, are you guys ready to order? Because I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

And so the trio ordered their food and moved on from that conversation to the two fathers' favourite: Darla.

"So, Darla," Edward smiled after taking a sip of his drink. "When's your next day off of school?"