1

Primrose rested her head on her hand and stared out of the window, completely oblivious as to what was happening in the classroom until a tanned hand was waved in front of her face.

"Miles away, sir," she heard Toby, the boy that sat beside her say before returning her gaze to the classroom. Everyone, including the teacher, stared at her. She opened her mouth to speak but Mr Oles, her Maths teacher, gestured for her not to speak.

"You are aware of how much I hate daydreamers, Miss Hwang, aren't you?"
He asked. His tone calm, too calm.

"Yes, sir," she answered, looking down at the table, ashamed of herself.

"And are you aware of the phrase I always say to those daydreaming?"

"'Day is for learning, night is for dreaming'."

"Then why are aren't you following my instructions?!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry, sir, it's just that-"

"I asked why you aren't following my instructions, not for a pathetic excuse!"

"I didn't mean to daydream," she mumbled but still he heard it.

"Daydreaming is something you can control, Miss Hwang. You want to know how?"

"How?"

"Sleep for eight hours. By the time you wake up, there will be nothing more to dream about. No more using your stupid gadgets in the night hours, got it?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I don't want to see my best Maths student fail because she can't control herself." He turned back to the board. "So, if 'A' is ten, what is..." Primrose rolled her eyes before resting her head on her hand and facing the board, although she had no intention to follow along with the lesson.

Truth is, a couple weeks ago, she had sent in a clip of herself singing, dancing and acting to JYP Entertainment as an audition and ever since, hasn't been able to get her mind off it.
At night, she found herself just staring blankly at the ceiling above her and during the day, she would just daydream. No matter how many times she tried to concentrate, her mind would drift back to it so she gave up and let her mind take over.

"What's up with you these days?" Wesley asked her once school ended but she simply shook her head before pushing past him to get to her locker. She should have known better though; Wes and her had been best friends since forever and they knew each other almost more than they knew themselves. But for some reason when it came to the JYP audition, she just couldn't bring herself to mention anything to anyone out of her family in case she didn't manage to make the cut. 

"Is it that bad?" He asked.

"There's nothing wrong, okay?" She responded. He suddenly turned her around to face him and stared into her eyes intensely. At first, Prim tried to push him away but his grip on her shoulders was so tight, it hurt her to do so.

"I sense that you're...scared...no, nervous...something is eating you inside but you just can't tell anyone anything-"

"Stop, okay?! Geez, Wesley, can't you let a girl be?"

"I have for the past couple weeks but it isn't rocket science to tell that something about you is different."

"It's nothing. I've just been getting less sleep than usual, that's all."

"Uh huh, and why exactly are you getting less sleep?"

"Because I'm a grown girl and can do what I want!" She yelled before letting out an exasperated sigh. "For goodness' sake, Wes, just leave me alone." He cocked an eyebrow.

"Is it that time of the month?" Primrose's eyes widened and she slapped his chest.

"What? No!"

"Then? Tell me what's wrong and I'll leave you alone." 

She rolled her eyes before heaving a sigh.

"Let go of me then." 

He did and she walked passed him and headed to her locker.

"Hey!"

"What? I'm still going to tell you." 

Prim put some books into her locker and took out some then walked out of the school building with Wesley close behind like a dog following its master. She finally came to a halt at the iron school gates.

"So?" He asked, anticipating what she had to say.

"I did something and today is the last day to get my feedback. If I don't get anything, I failed however, if I do get something, I passed and was accepted." Wes stared at her blankly for a good ten seconds.

"What? Did you apply for a different school?"

"Well...no, but if I pass I will have to go to a different school."

"Why?"

"Because I can't fly from South Korea to here everyday for school, Wes." His eyes widened.

"Did you...you actually...JYP Entertainment?" She nodded.

"I auditioned for JYP Entertainment."

"Oh my gosh, Prim! I can't believe it! My best friend's going to train under JYP Enter-" The girl quickly covered his mouth.

"Shush! First off, I haven't been accepted yet and I may not be accepted altogether and secondly, even if I were accepted, I don't want everyone here to know!" He gently ripped her hand off his mouth and smiled.

"As if you wouldn't be accepted. You're the mini Beyoncé! JYP would be stupid if he didn't accept you." 

"Don't overexaggerate! I'm not the mini Beyoncé!"

"Well, you're not far from it and besides, you're the next Michael Jackson and Angelina Jolie!"

"Would you stop?" Primrose asked, a chuckle escaping her mouth. "I'm not anywhere near Angelina Jolie level and don't even get me started with Michael Jackson." 

Wes smiled before turning her around and wrapping his arm around her shoulders, guiding her to the nearest bus stop.

"You underestimate yourself, Prim. Hopefully you'll learn how to be more confident when you're in Seoul."

Exhausted, Prim collapsed onto the couch and let herself sink into the leather material. Wesley's words echoing in her head as she tried not to be so negative but as she though back to her audition, her heart sank. Maybe JYP could tell that she was insecure and decided she didn't have what it takes to enter the entertainment. She sighed as she lifted her head only to see her mother standing before her with a small blue velvet box between her thumb and index finger. A wide grin was plastered on her face as she took a seat beside her daughter. Prim immediately pushed herself into a sitting position and tilted her head in confusion.

"Your grandmother always told me that the best things always happen to those who put the most effort into what they do and never stop trying. She gave me this necklace when I was only seven and told me that the prettiest of people are the ones who know what they want in life and don't give up on anything. I wore it everyday until I turned fourteen. I was bullied for believing it my mother's words and so I stopped believing and hid the necklace in a storage box under my bed. One day when I was around seventeen, however, I just felt ugly and as if I would never live up to society's standards of beauty and so I decided I wanted my Barbie dolls to feel the same. I found that storage box and the first thing I saw when I opened it was a blue velvet box. Ever since, I have kept this necklace to remind me of your grandmother's words." She handed Primrose the box. "Earlier on, I got a call from someone under JYP Entertainment, you were accepted. I want you to take this necklace with you so you remember that if you continue trying and putting all your effort into your training, one day you'll become one of those K-pop idols you always had on your walls."

I do not read over my stories so sorry if there are spelling mistakes or if it is boring.