23

"Argh," Primrose groaned upon hearing police sirens in the background. She remembered when they had caught her a couple years ago. She remembered how intense all of it was. Her heart began to trace again as she continued running, not necessarily sure where to go. She didn't want to go back to Nayeon and Jiyeon's place in case they get in trouble.

She ran, not knowing where exactly she was going. She just put one foot in front of the other and let her body take her to her destination.

Turning a corner, she found herself at a familiar place. She looked around a while before, running in the direction of a pond where mother used to take her to when she was young.

She reached the hidden pond which was two kilometres away from the coffee shop.

Although she already saw someone standing on the bridge gazing down at the pond, she still decided to do the same.

The police sirens in the distance has faded and Prim was sure she was safe as she approached the man standing on the bridge.

She stared at the fish in the pond as they swam across in the clear waters, passing by little tadpoles.

Water-lilies stuck out of the water, decorating it along with the lily-pads that little frogs sat on.

"What brought you to a pond so early in the morning?" The man asked. Prim recognised the voice but was too tired to match it to the face so she continued looking at the water.

"Life," she replied with a sigh.

"Prim?"

Instantly, she looked at the man, smiling at the sight of him.

"Chris? It's been so long since I last saw you," she mentioned as she pulled him into a tight hug. "How has everything been?"

He sighed.

"Okay I guess...all of my teachers keep on telling me that my grades are going down and my JYP instructors say I'm not good enough. It sucks because recently I've been spending all my time in both as well as trying to make sure the others are doing well. I haven't been able to have that much fun lately and I've barley been getting any sleep. I just want to run away from my problems and only return once they sorted themselves out."

"Chris," she uttered, her smile instantly disappearing. "I'm going to be honest with you, you can't run away from your problems. All my life I've been trying to run away from any interaction with my father, hoping my problems with him will just wither away but it hasn't. You need to sort it out and the only way to do that is to sacrifice something. Get Woojin to control the others. I know he's playful but he at least he can help. Then you have to choose: training or school. Only for the time being though. Once everything has been sorted out, then you can go back to looking after the boys. Try it, maybe it will help."

"Thanks, Prim, but what about you? What will you do about your father? You can't run forever."

"I know," she sighed. "I'm eighteen years old...I think it's about time I sort things out with my dad." Chris smiled before hugging her from the side.

"Why can't Changbin be as mature as you?" He asked, earning a chuckle from her.

"Hey, can you escort me somewhere?"

"Where?"

"To a coffee shop. I left something very important there."

***

Police cars circled the shop and Prim could see officers questioning Minho. She felt guilty and thankful at the same time, knowing how he was endangering his reputation for her.

"Wow, Prim, all this because of you," Chris chuckled dryly before hold in her wrist. "Let's go. I have a Minho t save and you have a father to talk to."

Police guarded the entrance and exit of the shop so no one went in and no one went out.

"Hey," Prim shouted turning their attention, as well as the officers inside, to her. "Let him go. It's me you want."

The officers pulled out their gun and pointed them at her as she approached, suspicious as to why she turned herself in.

Prim noticed this and paused before putting her hands up.

"Search me if you want, I got nothing. Now let him go."

They all turned their gazes to who looked like the boss off them all, waiting for huts approval. He nodded slightly, indicating them to put their guns down and let Minho go.

Prim smiled before running to Minho, hugging him tightly.

"Prim, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Making things right, now go talk to the Aussie waiting for you outside, he looks like he needs someone to talk to."

"Prim-"

"Hwang Primrose!" Her father yelled, stomping past the police officers outside to get to her, her mother following close behind. "Do you realise just how much work you put these officers through?!"

"Yes, Dad," she sighed before glancing at the officers. "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I caused. It won't happen again." They nodded in response, smiling slightly.

"Thank you so much for everything," her father told them before turning back to his daughter, fury written all over his face as he glanced at Minho. "I thought you didn't know where my daughter was."

"Sir, I-"

"I don't EVER want to see you near my daughter again. I don't want my daughter near someone who would lie to me. Let's go, Prim." With that, he grabbed her arm, pulling her put of the shop.

"Sir!" Minho called out bravely, surprising Prim. "If you don't mind, could you tell me who you want your daughter near?" The man grunted.

"I want her near someone who is willing to do anything to make sure she was happy and safe."

"Wasn't that what I was doing, though? She told me she didn't want to interact with you for a while so I lied to you so she wouldn't have to, so she would be happy. When she came up with the idea of running away, I suggested that she stays with someone so she would be safe. And when the workers of this shop called the police, I destructed them so she could escape and continue being happy. I don't mean to be rude in anyway, I just want to prove that I am suitable for her. I love her so much, please Sir, at least give me one chance." Prim's father rolled his eyes before dragging his daughter into his car and driving away.

Minho watched the cat as it left, not necessarily sure what to do.

"Chris," Minho called, making his look in his direction.

"Yeah?"

"Do you happen to have money on you?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"We need to get to the nearest flower shop. Now."

"What? Why?"

"I love her to much to let her go that easily."