17

^^Jonghyun^^

We lost an angel yesterday

"Hi, Dad," Prim approached him with a forced smile plastered onto her face. Her father and her had never gotten along due to their differences but in the past years their relationship became the worst it had ever been once he found out her best friend was a boy. He had never been fond of Wes hanging out around her even when they were kids, worrying that he would hurt her somehow. So once he found out he forbid her from ever seeing him again but she refused, which ended up in a huge argument that had led to Prim running away, only being found by the police ten days later.

"What's that in your hand?" She looked down at the flowers then back at him.

"Flowers," she answered.

"Well, obviously, but where from?"

"Someone at school gave them to me as a 'get well soon' gift."

"It's just a nose, you aren't going to die."

"Some people just want to be nice, Dad." He scoffed, eyeing her from head to toe.

"Did a boy give it to you?"

"No," she shook her head. "A girl."

"What's her name."

"Nayeon."

"Full name."

"Jeon Nayeon."

"There's a tag on those flowers, what does it say?"

"Get well soon."

"Let me see."

"For goodness' sake, Kyle," Her mother entered the room, scolding her husband as she held a tray with three cups of tea and a freshly made burger. "Leave the girl alone, would you? You're first day here and you two are already picking a fight."

"You know how I have to keep an eye on the disrespectful brat."

"Kyle!"

"At least, I know which parent I got that part from," Prim retorted, glaring at her father.

"How dare you?!"

"What? Growing up you always told me to tell the truth."

"Prim, honey, I made this burger and tea," her mother butted in, hoping to end the argument before it got messy.

"I will not tolerate this amount of disrespect, young lady! Someone ought to teach you a valuable lesson."

"This is my apartment, Dad. If you want to punish someone do it in your own house. Weren't you on a business trip anyway?" Prim asked.

"I was but because I worried about my daughter, I came here."

"Like you said, it's just a nose, I'm not going to die. Now leave."

"You're hiding something, aren't you? Just explains why you're home so late."

"No, Dad. Ever heard of practice? Yeah maybe you should look it up because I do a lot of it and will continue coming home late so either accept it or beat it," Prim spat before grabbing her burger and tea, heading to her room and slamming the door shut. Primrose's mother huffed before glaring at her husband.

"Can just try to be nice to her for once?"

"Why should I?"

"Because she's your daughter!"

"I wish she wasn't."

"Excuse me? You were the one so keen on getting a daughter."

"I didn't know she would turn into a brat!"

"It's your fault she's like that...and besides, don't you realise it's only you she's like that to? Why don't you rethink your approach to her before labelling her a 'brat', Kyle? Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm raising two children!"

***

Prim slammed her bag onto the desk, collapsing onto her chair with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Sweat trickled around the sides of her face and expression showed pure rage.

"Woah," Changbin uttered. "What's up with you?"

"My stupid dad's back," she announced, sinking into her chair as she exhaled sharply. "Why must he always interfere with everything I do?"

"Calm down, Prim," he mentioned, pulling a pack of tissues out of his bag and handing her one. "Why are you sweating anyway?"

"My dad offered to take me to school but bailed right before we left. I had to sprint to school so I wouldn't be late! Argh, I hate him!"

"Maybe he realised he was actually busy?"

"No, he didn't. His excuse was that the couch didn't want him to leave. Can you believe him? He sucks!"

"How long is he staying. Hopefully going away with my mother...do you guys still have space at your dorm?"

"Please tell me you're not planning on running away..."

"Oh wait, I can't stay at your dorm. I'll be died if Dad ever finds out about that," she commented, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"You're seriously going to run away?"

"What other choice do I have, Binnie?"

"Can't you just stand him for a little while."

"I have been standing him my whole life and besides, it's not like it would be the first time I run away."

"You've ran away before?"

"Yep, once for ten days straight."

"Where did you live?"

"On the street."

"And where are you planning to stay this time around?"

"Nayeon's place. She literally just said it was fine. Her parents are in the Bahamas so they're out of the way and she said her sister's okay with it."

"So you're actually doing it?"

"Yes, Changbin. Must I repeat everything to you?"

"I'm sorry I just...would never imagine myself running away from home. Your relationship with your dad must be really bad."

"It is. Always has and by the looks of it, always will."

"Have you ever tried resolving it?"

"Yes, but he never seems keen on forgiving and forgetting, so what's the use?" Changbin sighed.

"How long will you be gone for?"

"Until my dad leaves."

"Before you leave, may I ask you one last thing?"

"Go ahead."

"Are you sure about this? What if it makes everything ten times worse?"

"Honestly, Changbin, I don't care about my dad or out relationship anymore. I quit caring years ago. I'm doing this for my own wellbeing and right now, this seems like the only way to escape. So, I'm going to do it and not worry about my dad or what he thinks. I'm doing this for me. I'm doing this for me."

RIP Kim Jonghyun. If you didn't know, he died from carbon monoxide poisoning and police suspect it was suicide. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say I will miss him a lot. However, Jonghyun made a decision and we all have to accept it whether we like it or not. He's in a better place now and I bet he's feeling a lot better. Shinee fighting. Shawol fighting.