Chapter 31| Date Night Part 2

Picture of the Chef ^

Word Count: 1570

Kira POV

I followed the lady, while Eric engaged in a conversation with the chef.   I felt like I was invisible, I know it's stupid but I thought he'd give me all of his attention on this date.  I know I can't expect that since it appears he's a very well known man around here.

"They have known each other very well, the owner has known him since he was a child." said a older woman, who stood in front me.   She honestly was cheerful, but also very old, maybe her mid 60's, she held a giant smile on her face you know those genuine old people smiles that make your stomach giddy. 

"Really I didn't peg him to be that

"Really I didn't peg him to be that...well old." I said, my cheeks inflammed as they may appear to be in their mid 60's,  they could easily pass to be 40. 

"I'll be 59 in August, Rob will 61 in October but when your truly in love with your life you age gracefully or thats what I believe anyway." She said, sitting in the seat infront of me I felt foolish for getting upset at Eric for talking to somebody he knew his whole life, I didn't have connections like that to nobody so it was harder to understand.

"I really dont know those type of connections, I never had one." I said, pointing to Eric and who I assumed to be Rob who had moved to a more private area.   You could see the geninuine smile in Erics eyes as he talked and Rob, with his grey hair and tattoos was absorbing everything Eric said like a sponge.

"Awe sweetheart, you found your connection it may have not been developed by time but its there." She said,

"Kira, thank you I needed that." I said, she smiled and held my hand tightly.

"You remind me of a woman who came here allot when she was a little older than you were she came in crying about how she lost her family, I felt so horrible for her but I told her that the connection she needed would come when she waited peacefully for it, my name is Nina." She said, my heart buzzed at her words why did they hit so deep inside me.

"Oh she must be a wonderful woman?" I said, Eric was currently coming over with a smile on his face.

"She is, she works here actually as a chef I'll introduce you too before you leave." She said, and I smiled my gut twisted into this almost excited knot yet I couldn't find the words to discribe why.

Rob and Nina left, Eric sat infront of me with this glow in his eyes that warmed my soul whatever him and Rob talked about had truly brightened Erics spirits.

"This place is beautiful." I said, in awe it truly was with the red and gold theme dancing around like sitting at a camp fire or infront of a fire place.

"Its been like this since I was 5 years old and my parents took me here for dinner, they fought allot and I ran of crying tired of hearing my father tell my mother that she was a whore all the time, rob found me crying and I've seen him as my father every since, when he offered to adopt me man you have no idea how proud I was, hence why my last name is not mintson." Eric said, it made sense.