| 2 |

Jack and I talked for most of the night until our Mom's wore each other out and had nothing left to talk about. Surprisingly me and Jack didn't run out of things to talk about. They were mostly random things but they were still words.

The next day Jack picked me up from my house, a smile on his face. I got into his car and as soon as I shut the passenger door he backed out of my diveway.

"Can you stay after school for my football practice?" Jack asked me as soon as we were on the road.

"Sure. Why do you want me there?"

"I want you to see how good I am."

"Cocky as always, I see," I glanced at the smirking boy.

"You know it."

We continued on our way, the conversation drifting to random topics. We got onto the topic of Ellie somehow. He talked about her like she was something special. She was playing with his feelings. He's played with girl's feelings, yes, but he didn't know what it was like himself. He couldn't save himself from something he didn't know was happening.

Soon we got to the school and we climbed out of the car. Everyday we got out of the car people would stare. It made me uneasy but Jack was popular so I always dismissed it. Today though, more people seemed to stare. Looking at me just as much as Jack.

Usually people would ignore the fact that I was with him, knowing that he got girlfriends every other week it seemed. Today it didn't seem like I was getting ignored though.

"Jack?" I looked to my side at the curly haired male. I think he saw my uneasiness in my eyes, his growing concern.

"What's wrong?"

"I think people are staring at me," I met eyes with one girl who almost looked disgusted at me.

"Don't they do that normally?"

"They usually ignore my presence," I looked back towards him.

"Just ignore them."

"That's hard to do when one of them just looked disgusted."

"Which one?" he subtly looked around at the people staring.

"The girl with the blonde hair and green, very revealing, shirt," I slightly hid behind his shoulder as I made eye contact with the girl.

"She does look disgusted. She's staring right at you," he looked down at me, continuing into the school building.

"I don't look completely disgusting do I?" I looked down at my body. I felt his finger bring my face back up.

"You look completely perfect," I stared straight into those puppy dog eyes. A small smile formed on my lips at his words.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me for the truth," he let his finger down and continued walking.

I blinked a few times before going forward to follow him. Our lockers were close to each other's so it worked. Ally was usually waiting at my locker for me. That's when me and Jack would split up and he'd go with his group of friends.

"Bye," Jack waved as he went to his locker and I went towards mine.

"Hi," I greeted Ally, opening my locker up.

"Hey," she glanced towards Jack's group and then looked at the ground.

"What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing my materials.

"Ellie. She's told people that you're a jealous bitch," Ally glanced back at the group of popular boys. I followed her line of sight to see Ellie making out with a random boy very close to Jack's group.