| 8 |

"I believe you," his voice was soft. "But how did you get away?"

"I spit in her face and dodged her groupies."

"Smart," he backed away from me. His face held a softness to it that I had never seen. Was it because the girl he loves tried to rip his jersey off of his fake girlfriend and he was playing cool but he really didn't believe his fake girlfriend?

"Let's just go to lunch," I grabbed his hand softly. I started the walk to the lunch room.

"We have like fifteen minutes to eat."

"Who said I couldn't eat in that amount of time? I don't even eat the cafeteria food."

"You know you can't eat in that time. You're such a slow eater," Jack laughed from behind me.

"I can't help that," I playfully glared back at him.

"Sure," Jack rolled his eyes playfully.

We arrived at the cafeteria and instantly sat down in our seat. Everyone looked at us expectantly. "Uh hi."

A bunch of heys came back until the line reached Sophia. "Why the hell were you two so late?"

"Well you see, I got pushed around by Ellie while this one waited at my locker, worried to death."

"Y/n! What did Ellie do?" Ally had growing anger in her eyes. It showed through her frown.

"She pushed me against the sink and threatened to rip Jack's jersey. I got scared and spit in her face. I ran past her groupies and now I'm here," I hugged onto myself. I then felt a pair of arms sneak around my waist and grab my hands.

I grabbed the pair of hands back, knowing they were Jack's. Sophia's eyes were wide. Ally had a look on her face that could kill if she thought hard enough.

"I can't believe she actually seemed nice," Sophia stuffed a chip into her mouth with a grimace.

"She's always seemed bitchy to me," Ally rolled her eyes.

Most of the guys stayed silent. I didn't blame them though. They barely knew me. For all they know I could be lying to get on Jack's good side. I can only hope they have more faith in me.

"Okay, that aside how is everyone's day so far?" I asked. The other conversation was probably making Jack uncomfortable since he loved Ellie. I mentally sighed at the boy's ignorance.

"You're too cute," Jack whispered his words in my ear. His breath on my neck made the hairs stand up. A light blush dusted my cheeks at his words. I gave his hands an acknowledging squeeze.

"Not so good after what you told us," Jaeden sighed from his position.

"I didn't ruin the fun you all were having did I? Jesus, I'm sorry," my eyebrows furrowed in guilt. I just come in here and ruin their, probably happy, conversations.

"Nah it's okay. We were just talking about how worried Jack was for you anyway," Finn gave me a soft smile.

"You sure?"

"Positive," he nodded his head, curls bobbing.

"Don't worry so much," Jack whispered more words in my ear. I decided to see how he liked it.

"You have to stop doing that," I whispered the words in his ear. A smirk formed on his lips.

"Sexy whisper voice. But why should I?" he challenged in a whisper.

"It tickles. Remember what I said about tickling?"

"Awe come on," he rolled his eyes and sighed. "Yeah."