| 7 |

The next morning I woke up to the warmth gone. It was a different warmth then my duvet provided. It was the warmth of anothers, Jack specifically, body. My face grew solemn at the thought of that warmth being gone.

Ally was right. I was desperately falling for this boy. I sat up in my bed and rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes. I stretched my arms in the air. I hate when Ally is right. She usually is but I try not to believe it.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," I opened my eyes to see a shirtless Jack slipping his socks on. "Why so down?"

"Morning. I'm just tired," I gave him a weak smile. I was already starting to miss the sound of someone else's heartbeat. It scares me when I hear my own. It makes me feel too aware. But hearing someone else's made me know that someone else was alive and I wasn't as lonely.

"Well get up and get dressed. You have 30 minutes," he stuck his tongue out at me as he walked into my bathroom.

"Really Jack? Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I called after him. I jumped up from my spot on the bed and ran to my dresser. Ah, crap. I have to wear the jersey. I DIDN'T ASK MY MOM.

I ran to the top of the stairs and shouted down them. "Mother! Can I go to Jack's football game tonight?"

"Sure! Make sure he brings you back to me!"

"I will! Thank you!"

I ran back into my room and grabbed a tank top from my drawer. I threw Jack's jersey on over the tank top and slipped into some jeans. I went over to my mirror and brushed the knots out of my hair.

I was a time freak. I feel rushed even with thirty minutes. I knocked on my bathroom door trying to see what Jack was doing. "Can you hurry whatever you're doing?"

I heard a gargled response. I guessed he was brushing his teeth. "I have to do my hair. Just open the door?"

I heard the lock being unlocked. I slipped through the door and got beside Jack at the mirror. I started my hair grabbing my toothbrush in the process. I brushed my teeth while trying to do my hair. I didn't succeed too well but I figured it was fine.

Jack and I spit out our toothpaste at the same time. His toothpaste ended up hitting the side of my face. "Awe gross."

I quickly grabbed the hand towel and wiped my face. "Sorry!"

"It's fine just put your jersey on," I rinsed the sink of the toothpaste spit and continued my hair.

When I finished my hair I went back into my room. I sat down beside Jack on my bed and put my socks on. "What shoes do you think will work well with this?"

"Converse."

"Got it," I stepped over to my closet and grabbed some converse.

I put my shoes on and checked the time. Ten minutes to spare. I grabbed my phone and laid on my bed. I checked to see if I had any notifications. I had another text from Ally.

Ally - Have you noticed your undying love for Jack yet?

Me - I...don't know

Ally - I expected a no...

Ally - I'll talk to you about it at school

Me - Okay...

"What was that?" I looked back at Jack who was looming over my shoulder. He had a smirk on his face. I don't see why. He doesn't like me.

"Nothing," I smiled over my shoulder at him. I cut my screen off so he couldn't see anything else.

"You sure?" he raised his eyebrow.