| 3 |

I sat on the bleachers beside the football field alone, watching Jack practice. He was actually really fast. Faster than most of the others on the field.

Occasionally he would send a wink my way, to which I would roll my eyes. Fake dating him was actually turning out to be a little fun. I had someone to tease now and I had a reason to talk back to Ellie.

After lunch Jack apologized many times for what Ellie did. He even said I could back out of the deal. Honestly I thought he was being dramatic. I agreed and won't back out with something that Ellie did. I just want to make her even more jealous. She has spread around that I was a jealous bitch anyway. I'll just throw the title back at her.

Other times today, when Jack would see me in the hallways, he would come up to me and give me little pecks on the cheek. They made me feel better than they should have. I knew I had to stop caring about them or I would get hurt.

After Jack's practice was done he made his way over to me. When he got closer I could see the sweat falling from his chin. He was accompanied by Finn and Jaeden, who were equally as sweaty. They didn't smell pleasant either. Jack tried to get close to me but I wouldn't let him.

"How can one sweat so much?" I asked them, slowly getting up out of my seat on the bench.

"Come give me a hug," Jack looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"Nope. You smell terrible," I plugged my nose with my pointer finger and thumb.

"Aw, come on," Jack started getting closer.

"Nuh-uh," I backed away from him, still holding my nose.

"Aw give him a hug," Jaeden had a smirk on his face standing beside Finn.

Jack started running towards me. I quickly turned on my heel and ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. Of course Jack has had more practice in the field of running than me so he easily caught up. He scooped me into his sweaty arms and buried his sweaty face in my neck.

"Aw gross," I whined as he soaked me. "These are Sophia's clothes."

"That won't make me stop," I could tell Jack was having fun tormenting me with his sweat.

"You're such a bully," I stated as he let me go. "And you guys didn't save me. I thought we were buds Finn."

"We are buds but Jack's a better bud."

"Aw you're mean too," I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. I wiped some of the sweat off my cheek. "Go take a quick shower. I'm not going anywhere."

"What if some boy tries to get you," Jack's eyebrows knitted together.

"If you're that worried just give me your keys so I can sit in the car. And yes, I promise not to open the car door for strangers," I rolled my eyes and shoved Jack a bit.

"One sec, let me go grab my car keys. Jaeden stay and protect her," Jack pointed at Jaeden and ran to his bag.

My eyes widened. His bag wasn't even that far away. "He was serious?" I looked over at Jaeden and Finn with a cocked eyebrow.

"He must care for you a lot more than he does other girls. If they said that he would just leave them on the bench," Finn looked confused as well. We all stared at Jack as he rummaged through his bag. He grabbed his keys and a hoodie.

"Yeah," Jaeden agreed with Finn. "But he has known you longer than most. I'm surprised he even hooked up with you."

Jaeden's words confirmed my suspicions of them not knowing about the fake relationship. Jack appeared by my side after the conversation and handed me his keys and hoodie.