{2} Bad Boys Don't Drink Chocolate Milk

REWRITTEN JULY 2020

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

His voice, It was cold and careless. Rebellious if you will. But his own presence made the other's stop making fun of me, and that's surly impressive. I'd have to ask Ray about this Gerard character later. I sat quietly in my seat, trying to pay attention to whatever Mr.Handler was going on about, but my thoughts were clustered by that energy of the boy who was sitting behind me. It's strange, I've never considered myself the type of read energies or some sort of psychic medium but this was weird. I get goosebumps if I think about it too long.

"So what do you think?" Ray asked over the loud noise of teens in the cafeteria as he took a seat next to me.

"Eh, i-it's alr-right."

"And I'm so sorry about Bert, he is kind of an ass,"

"I can t-tell," We giggled. "Uh, w-what do you kn-know about that boy? G-Gerard? Is that his name?"

"Gerard? Oh, uh, let see. Gerard is seventeen, and he lives somewhere up the hill and over the bridge in the woods."

"Why do other s-students not like him?"

Ray got a little quiet. I could tell how strange this was for him to explain to the new kid.

"Well, there are these rumors. About Gerard..."

"I see," I said leaning in to listen like I did with Principal Vasquez, but I was actually interested in what he had to say.

"One night..."

"Hey Ray! I'll catch you later!" Pete said, walking to the other end of the parking lot.

"Yeah sure! I'll catch you later."

We were in the school parking lot. The pep rally had just ended and all the car's in the lot were gone, expect mine and Pete's since we had to stay after and help the band kids load up their instruments. I leant against the hood of my car, pulling out a cigarette from the box that was tucked away in my pocket, lighting it up. I took a nice, long drag. Damn it's been awhile since I've had one of these. My mom found out and threw my other pack out.
I then heard a scream. I jerked up and looked around. Pete's car was still in the same spot.

"Pete?" I called out. Walking slowly towards his car. No response. "Pete?!" I called out again. And this time, I heard a loud hiss, and a hoarse whimper.
I walked around to the other side of the car, "Pete...."

Hovering over Pete's body was a man. I looked at the man, his dark hair draped over his face as he grunted. I was too shocked to go near him, to afraid.

It looks up at me slowly, it's dark hair covering its even darker eyes, blood dripping from its chin. They move their hair from their face, to reveal.........Gerard?

He started hissing at me, which I though was slightly funny, but i didn't laugh. The fact that my friend was lying uncouncess on the ground wasn't funny at all.

Gerard rose up from Pete's body. Glancing at me then back at Pete before sprinting off down the lot and off into the nearby woodland area.

"And you called the cops right?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Hell yeah I did. They found him and arrested his ass. Luckily Pete didn't die, but Gerard was charged with aggravated assault. He just did a few months of probation." Ray took a sip from chocolate milk carton.

"Why do you think he did that? Is Pete okay?"

"Beats me; and sadly Pete dosent go here anymore. It's just strange when you really think about it, Gerard was this quiet nerdy kid freshman year. We were actually on the same robotics team but then I guess he watched The Craft for the first time and now he gives off major Columbine vibes." Ray shrugged sadly as we countied to eat our lunch.

"Move it vampire!" It was Bert yelling from behind us. I cant believe he had the audacity to talk to people in such a manner. "Smh, how about you get your head outta your ass before I show any respect towards you." Said the voice of what sounded like an angry Gerard.

"Ooooh, whatcha gonna do? Drink my blood?" Bert said in a mocking tone. I started to grow a bit nervous, I've never really been in a situation where it's been this heated since I've been kind of sheltered most of my life.

"I might just do." Gerard said smiling, and the room went quiet, then all I could hear was the sound of fading footsteps. Is it over?

"Hey I'm not done with you vampire boy!" Bert yelled.

...Guess not...

"What more do you want Bert? Just shut the fuck up and drink your chocolate milk like a good little boy." Gerard was obviously getting frustrated, the tone in his voice changed drastically. He sounded more annoyed, like he did in science class.

"Bad boys dont drink chocolate milk Gerard," Bert laughed out before the sound of liquid splashing into the floor could be heard, along with a few gasps of students.

"What's happening?" I whispered to Ray.
"That idiot just poured chocolate milk all over Bert."

"Class, I would like for you to know that what happen today in the Cafeteria was unacceptable. I would like to know who was apart of it and what specifically happened." To no surprise a fight broke out between them after that. Strangely enough it went on for a good long minute taken there were no staff in the cafeteria and nobody bothered to try and separate them. I guess it's not too difficult to understand why nobody intervened, i dont blame them.

I was currently sitting in social studies class. The teacher, Mrs. Sean, had the entire class write down what had happen so she can turn them into the principal, and maybe even the cops. But not me of course, I didn't see anything. So much for a first day impression huh?