{14} Let Me Show You

REWRITTEN AUGUST 2020

Gerard and I have been oddly close for the past few weeks. Ever since that day in the hall by the lockers, Gerard came to school everyday. At lunch yesterday he even proudly showed me a quiz that he got an A on. I started notcing that Gerard had been in a much happier mood. He was starting to be nice to Ray when he got the chance, which Ray wasnt buying anything he was selling but he still tried to give him a chance. He even stopped picking fights with Bert, which was a bit of a surprise.

It was the end of the school day, and I was walking along the sidewalk in the front of the school when Gerard ran up next to me. "So am I taking you home today?" He asked.

"With what car?" I giggled, reminding him that he didn't have a car. "I thought you were taking the bus with Mikey?"

"The bus smells like sweaty gym socks, and I already missed it anyways. So I'll just walk you home." He said cheerfully and we began walking to my house, which actually isnt very far from here even though my mom usually picks me up and drops me off.

"So whats with your mood lately? Are you sure you feel okay?" I joked, putting my hand to his forehead to check for a temperature. But I knew I wouldnt find one anyways, he's ice cold as always."No way!" He giggled, swatting my hand away. "I've just finally found something that makes me happy again." Gerard hinted.

I decided to leave it at that. I didn't know how exaclty I felt yet and I didn't want to lead him on. I know, we kissed but everything was so confusing and I was more focused fixing my problem with the night terrors and the curse than a make out session I shared with Gerard.

We eventually got to my house, I invited Gerard in and lucky for us my mom was sitting on the couch, turning back to look at Gerard and I.
"Hi Frankie, oh who is this? Have I met you before?" Mother asked a little nervously at the fact that we actually had a guest in our home.

"Mom, this is Gerard. Gerard, meet my mother." I noticed the changed expression on her face, it went from nervous to 'oh god no.'

"Oh so this is Gerard! I've heard many... things about you." Mother forced a smile, "Frankie why dont you show Gerard to your room while I talk to you for a moment."

Gerard exused himself, already knowing where my room is and leaving my mother and I alone.
"Frank, do you not remember our conversation?" She whispered.

"Im staying in school, and Gerard has gotten better. His grades are up and he's hadn't been in trouble once since that day."

"Frankie but still-"

"Mom. Thats the end of it, He's good." I stormed off before she could say anything else, I didn't want to argue with her again, especially in front of Gerard. I walked into my room to find Gerard sitting criss-crossed on the ceiling. I quickly closed my door and placed a chair against it to hold the knob, I stood under him in awe.
"I didn't know you could do that."

"I can do many things Frank, you just need to let me show you." He extended his hand out for me to grab. I hesitantly took it before he pulled me up. I felt my whole body shift as I sat upside down with Gerard. It didn't feel like I was upside down though, but more like I was defying gravity because I didn't get light headed. It looked like everything was on the ceiling and we were on the ground, even though we werent.

I looked at Gerard as his hair stood straight up, which was the most adorable sight making me laugh. Gerard started giggling because I was laughing, which is a werid laughing effect I've noticed. For about 10 minutes we laughed at eachother because of how odd-looking our hair was. As I calmed down Gerard placed his hand on knee, rubbing his thumb in a soothing motion. "Frank, I love you." He confessed.

I nervously smilied into my lap, sucking in my bottom lip as I thought about what to say. "Gerard I dont know..."

"Let me show you how much I love you and maybe then you'll know." Gerard insisted, leaning in with wide hopeful hazel eyes. I was started to get even more nervous, my palms were sweating and my heart beat sped up.
"Okay.." I agreed, and before I knew it Gerard was kissing me again. We probably spent hours on my ceiling, talking then kissing, then talking again. I lied on my back and looked directly at the floor, Gerard did the same as we quietly thought to ourselves and enjoyed each others company. "Gerard, what are we gonna do? Ya'know about the curse?" I turned my head and looked over at him. At first he didnt reply, he say there and appeared to be in a deep thought before he turned to me and I was yet again met with those hazel eyes.
"I dont know Frank. But with all the lore in my library at home I'm sure we'll figure it out."

I nodded by head and turned back to stare at the floor and everything else beneath us. "Its just weird to me. After you mentioned a curse I thought well maybe my curse was being born blind but then I thought about the night terrors. Maybe my blindness is a coincidence, at least that's what I like to think."

"Yeah I get it, well sort of. I kinda brought my own curse upon myself but I get it, in a weird way." Gerard added on, "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded, "Yeah anything."

"When I was eight, my mother got sick, Like really, really sick. I made a dumb decision and I sold my soul. I know I already told you the story about the witch tricking me into giving up Mikey's soul and how he resented me for years after he found out but I truly felt horrible after the fact. After the first hundred years, Mikey had left to travel the world and I stayed here. I was so heartbroken and yet so guilty because I was so selfish, so I tried committing suicide a few times actually. Obviously It didnt work because I cant die but I was left alone with all my guilt and sorrow. Mikey eventually came back but that's the longest I've been without him, and its probably been the most horrible time of my life." Gerard sighed. "I just hope at the end of all this, I can help you and not be such a screw up."

I leant over to him, "Gerard I'm so sorry that happened to you. I just hope we can get through this now and live happily later without any curses or witches," I placed a kiss on his forehead, then we slowly started coming down from the ceiling and back onto the floor. My legs felt a little wobbly as I tried to stand but Gerard helped me up. He hugged me as he brought me to my feet, stroking my hair and kissing my cheek.

I think I love him, I really do.