{11} Brother

REWRITTEN JULY 2020

"Uh hello? Im looking for Mr.Vasquez."

I had just arrived at the main office. The lady at the front desk was looking through a magizine, pointing towards Mr.Vasquez' office. Without saying nothing more I walked in. He was sittting at his desk, from the looks for it he was filling out paperwork. He looked up at me smiling, "Oh hello Frank. What can I do for you?"

"Uh, hi. So I wanted to ask a favor..." I trailed off.

"What kind of favor?" He set his pen down, putting the work right to the side so his full attention was invested on me.

"So, Ray told me that you have all of the students information," I started fiddling with my fingers, "I wanted to know If I can get a students address..?"

"Have you already tried asking the student?"

"Uh no. The thing is, Gerard hasn't been to school in almost two weeks and Im worried about him. I dont exaclty have a phone so I cant call him. Please Mr.Vasquez, I just wanna check on him."

He let out a small sigh, "You do know I cant give out student files left and right Frank, but because I've seen a bit if improvement in Gerards behavior I'll make an exceptionjust this once." he said as he started digging through a file cabniet before pulling out a manila folder. He opened it and wrote down something on a post-it note before handing the note to me. "Here, this will be our secret."

It was Gerards address.

I had decided to skip school not long after I got the address. I wanted to make sure Gerard didn't go on some sort of spree and suck dry half the town. I had my doubts but I a part of me wasn't gonna totally disregard the possibility.

I got to the parking lot and then remembering, didn't know how to drive. Gerard and my mom usually gave me rides so I decided to walk, and god I regret it so much. Gerards house must of been in the middle of knowhere, I was literally walking through the woodlands forever, but as I got further down the path it all started to look familiar.

I soon came across a tree, there was a huge chunk if it missing and it looked like it was on the brink if collapsing. The same place where I found out Gerards sceret, where we crashed.
I continued walking for about another thirty minutes, then I heard a very strange noise. The smell of the air changed, and it was very different. Not a bad kind of different, but an unfamiliar good kind of different, and the noise along with it was so calming. I decided to follow the noise, and right in between two trees that hung so low that you couldn't see past from where I was standing, was a small dirt path.

I followed the path. It might of lead to nothing at all, but as the noise grew louder I began to think that just maybe something was at the end of this trail. Excitement ran through my veins, I began to speed walk, then a slow jog. Then I found myself sprinting and prancing over weeds and branches that stuck out into the path as the noise grew closer and closer and louder and louder.

Then there were no more trees. I was met with a grey sky, and I could of sworn that it was blue before. It was like entering an old black and white tv film. Whats the word again? Haha yes, Time-traveling.

Not only was it just dead grass, but a huge moss covered mansion-like house stood in the far distance. That couldn't be Gerards house, he wouldn't go to our school if he lived all the way out here. Or maybe he can? I keep forgetting that almost anything is possible if you're Gerard Way. Before I approached the house, the noise caught my attention again. Was it coming from inside the house? I moved a little closer,

No, its way to loud to be inside.. maybe behind it?

I carefully made my way around the house, the smell of the air only got better and better, and I was soon met with a small rush of wind. Behind the house was a cliff, and all the way down we're giant waves of water. This must be an ocean of some sort. The fall from me and the water was a good couple hundred feet at least. Note to self, be more careful, just incase.

My head shot up, another sound caught my ear. And this, was a human noise this time. Someone with short dirty blondish hair was sitting at the edge of the cliff, their legs dangling as they hummed a tune that I couldn't quite make out. Maybe they can help me find my way?

"Uh, excuse me?"

The person turned around quickly, I smiled at him as I recognised his face. But what was he doing over here?
"Mikey? What are you doing out here?!"

He quickly scrambled to his feet, pacing towards me with his index finger to his lips and louldy "shhh"-ing me. "Gosh Mikey, whats wrong?"

"What are you doing here Frank? How did you find this place?"

"Well I heard the noises of the water and I kinda let my feet lead the way,"

"You cant be here," He looked side to side, before grabbing me by the bicep  and pulling me forward. We we're about half way through the woods when my bicep started hurting badly,  "Gosh Mikey, what's the rush? Ow you're alot stronger than you look! Jesus Mikey let go!" I pushed him away, pulling up my sleeve, exposing a purple bruise where his hand was.

"Frank, I didn't mean to do that," He held his hands up in defense, "We just need to get you outta here."

Before I could say anything further, I heard the crunching of leaves behind me. I turned around to be met with Gerard, he looked a little more rugged than normal. "Gerard! Oh god you're okay!"

Then it hit me. "Where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick you just disappeared?"

Gerard looked over at Mikey, "Mikey its okay, he's my friend." Gerard sighed, and Mikey stepped back. "Sorry Frank, I've just been caught up in some business and we've just been at home dealing with our shit, speaking of which come inside, I have something to show you." Without any further question Gerard and Mikey started heading back to the house and I followed behind them. "Wait so you too know eachother?" I asked, still a little confused.

"Well yeah we live together shitstick."
Gerard gigggled as if it were one of those 'well duh' moments. It just made me feel dumber than I already was.
I started piecing everything together, before the realisation hit me like a train. "Oh my god you're dating!"

"What? Ew no gross." Mikey gagged, "Gerard is my brother dummy,"

"Ooooh! Shit forget I said anything!" I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. God im so dumb.
"So that means you're also a vampire!" I practically yelled out.

"Hey, hey, hey! Keep your voice down!" Mikey shushed.

"Oh yeah, sorry. But thats so crazy! You're both freakin vampires!" I whispered rather loudly, and we began heading back to the old house.

"Oh Frank, I think I've already told you, but I have something I need to show you. It has to do with the book, and I promise, everything will start to make sense, but I'll explain everything later." Gerard took his icy hands and intertwined his fingers with mine, before turning to me and giving me a smile, exposing his adorable small coffee-stained fangs.