{13} "do you really love me?"

REWRITTEN AUGUST 2020

Gerard led me out of the office. Mikey came over to us from out of the kitchen looking between us before asking, "You good?"

"Yeah," I chuckled wipping my running nose on my sleeve. I sat down on the couch in their family room. It wasn't as dusty as you'd expect, it wasn't old and creaked everytime you moved, but the house was everything else from dusty. It looked brand new from what I can see since the lights are off and the drapes block out the suns light. How stereotypical if you ask me..

"Im sensitive to the light. I may not be allergic but, still..." Mikey noticed my observation, good for him.

"So what now?" I asked the two.

"I dont know," Gerard sat in the recliner, his fingers tapped his chin as he sat and thought. "Am I gonna die Gerard?" I asked nervously.

"No Frank, of course not. I won't let anything happen to you." He said putting an arm around me, as he was trying to comfort me.
"Gerard, you know he cant stay right? You remeber what happen last time someone got too close." Mikey warned.

"Well yeah but, there's a difference between you and I. And you dont have to vouch for me if anything does happen, but nothing will happen so we'll be okay." Gerard said.
I gave the two questioning looks, Mikey caught onto my glaring and just cleared his throat, making Gerards eyebrows arch and his blank facial expression. "Do you care to tell him Mikey?"

"It was an accident okay! Its not even important!" Mikey yelled.
"Well you brought it up, so now we have to tell him!" Gerard argued back, and Mikey just scoffed. "Frank, so awhile ago Mikey had this boyfriend.."

"He was just a friend!" Mikey defended.

"Boyfriend." Gerard corrected. "Anyways, this "friend" of Mikey's found out our secret, and I really wonder how." Gerard stated sarcastically, glaring at Mikey, but all he did was roll his eyes. "So whenever Mikey and this guy were alone together one night during a prep rally, Mikey "accidently" bit him. Not enough to turn him into one of us or kill him, but he sucked enough out if the poor guy just to stun him. And he was out cold!" Gerard chuckled at the memory. "And before anyone could see that it looked like Mikey just committed murder, I swooped in. He was lucky I was there."

"Yeah thanks for that." Mikey said sarcastically before leaving the room.

"Gerard I think I've heard that stroy before. Ray told me a story about how he found you with a guy the night of a prep rally. What was his name? Uh Peter? Something like that."

"Pete." Gerard corrected. "His name was Pete. But Ray called the cops and I did a few months of probation. Now you have the full story kiddo." Gerard slouched into the recliner, Mikey came back with a liquor bottle and handed it to Gerard. He chugged the whole thing without a single breath.

My mind was still racing with all sorts of questions but I wasn't too sure which to ask first.Why did Gerard do that for Mikey? What does this have to do with my nightmares? Am I going to die? Why the fuck is he drinking liqour?

"Alright class, Im your substitute for today. I dont care what you do as long as you are not loud." Mr.Handler was out today, I was currently sitting in the back of the class with Gerard. I actaully convinced him to come back to school, and now he was teaching me how to make little origami figures. Soon enough I noticed Ray starring at us from across the room. I felt kinda bad for ditching Ray. Now that I've heard both sides of the story, I felt a little releaf but I couldn't exaclty tell Ray what happen. I dont want to put Mikey and Gerard at any risk. Nobody at this school even knows they're brothers except me.

Gerard took notice of my starring, but instead of acknowledging it, he said, "Im gonna use the bathroom." Before he got up and left the room.

Ray waited for Gerard to leave, before taking his seat next to me.
"Frank, I dont know what to tell you man. Is this some act of rebellion im not catching onto?"

"Gerard is super nice." I folded the little piece of paper like Gerard showed me to earlier. "You dont really know him, just give him a chance." I insisted.

"Frank, dont you remember that he was the one who started talking badly about you after the whole 'sight' situation. I was here for you Frank, and I still am-"

"Then why wont you listen?" I said rather loudly, making a few heads turn. I stood up, and yelled. "All of you! Why cant you see that Gerard is a good person?! He may have done something bad maybe once a long time ago, but non of you know him like I do! He's my best friend and I love him!" I stormed out of the room, and the teacher didn't even bother to stop me after what just happened.

As soon as I walked out I found Gerard leaned up against a locker, he listened to the whole thing. "Do you really love me?"

I didn't know if I actually loved him or not. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't think about what I was saying. "I thought you went to the bathroom?" I asked, avoiding the question.

"I knew Ray wanted to talk, so I just hung out right here. But really Frank, do you love me? Did you mean it?"

Gerard started to get closer. He was as close to me as he was that day in the bathroom, I felt his breathe on my face. And when I looked up into his eyes, I saw the same beautiful hazel color that I hadn't seen in a very long time. It was absolutly amazing and I never wanted to stop looking into those eyes. I nervously looked down at Gerards lips, they were thin and a light shade of pink. I looked back into his eyes, and he slowly closed the gap between us. The pinned me against the locker, his lips pressed against mine. And just as I thought, his lips were sweet and made me feel all nice and warm inside. As we kissed the bell went off and he pulled away from me, students came out of their classes and a few just stared at us as they walked by which was starting to become more regular. "Look I'll catch you later okay?" Gerard said as he headed down the hall in the opposite direction of my next class. I watched him walk with a quick pace, one hand in his pocket and the other playing with his hair.

I think I love him, I really do.