{4} Not So Very Unfortunate

REWRITTEN JULY 2020

I sat quietly at the lunch table, listening amongst my peers the causal gossip and conversations. I "formally" got to meet everyone at the committee after Gerard left. And I learned alot about each and everyone of them.

The first person I was introduced to was Lindsey of course, she was nice and had a lot to say. She was a strong independent woman, she often labeled herself as a feminist, and after an brief explanation on the meaning I think shes pretty rad. She also told me if Gerard ever tries to do anything again, to let her know. Shes been waiting to give Gerard a knuckle sandwich for ages.

Then I met Mikey. Ah yes, Mikey. He was shy. Very quiet guy, and he also had these funny glasses, but he wasn't blind like I was. He was just lucky I guess. He was also very smart, and he was assigned by our principal to help me out with my studies outside of the program if I needed it.
I also met Brendon and Ryan. Ah yes, just from they way they spoke to eachother, they're was cleanly something going on between the two and it was lovely to hear. Ah yes, young love. But all-in-all, everyone was incrediblely kind, except Gerard and Bert of course. You'd like they'd be bestfriends with the amount of douchiness they radiate but I guess theres only room for one major douche in this small town.

"Frank? Are you alright?" Mikey nudged my right shoulder, I turned his way and whispered, "I'm fine. I was just thinking."

"So," Lindsey spoke up. "I heard Gerard is coming back tomorrow," She sighed, everyone was disappointed course, except Mikey. He  was very nonchalant towards the reoccurring drama at this school. He just didn't care I guess. How would I know? I just do.

"No way! He's only been suspended for two days?" Brendon exclaimed. "Rumour has it that Principal Vasquez is getting fed up with Gerards shit, and Is going to expell him if he has another slip up." Lindsey raised her eyebrow, taking sip from the milk carton and observing everyone's reaction. "Sure hope he gets expelled. He has it coming." Ryan mumbled.

Mikey got up.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." He took off. Something was bugging him. Before anything else could proceed, the bell rang. I said my goodbyes to everyone else, and Ray and I made our way to fourth period.

I sat with Ray and listened to him talk as he doodled on some paper. He was breaking down who Batman was. Sure, I've heard of him, but never really knew the guy. He was in the middle of explaining who the Joker was, and his crazy girlfriend Harley Quinn, when I pulled on his shoulder sleeve. "Uh Ray, I g-g-gotta use the bathroom." I whispered.

"Oh, I got you man." Ray got up from his seat, even though he objected the rules of raising your hand, who even does that anynore? He asked Mrs. Sean if he could escort me to the bathroom. It's not like I could go alone anyways.

A few long seconds later, I'm getting up and I'm with Ray in front of the classroom. I heard the familiar sound of leather boots in the empty hall. But why? How? Wasn't he suspended?

"Mrs.Sean! I'll take Frank. You wouldn't want two students missing out now would you?" Gerard smilied the fakest amoung all smiles, but It was believable. Believable enough for Mrs.Sean to fall for. "I'm headed to the bathroom anyways, I'm sure Ray won't mind, it's kinda a fresh day anyways."

"Sure Gerard. Just have Frank back in five mintues." Mrs. Sean's words made my heart race, is this woman insane!? My stomach dropped, I wanted to faint. Gerard threw his arm around my shoulder, I could hear Rays teeth gritting from behind us. "If you do anything I swear on my life! I'll come after you Gerard."

I understand Rays protective-ness. After what happened to Pete, I don't blame him.

Gerard and I walked quietly down the hall, before I got the guts to speak up. "W-what do you want Gerard? I-I don't h-h-have anyt-thing for y-you." My voice kept shaking, stuttering. I was full on panicking. "Shhh, Frankie boy. I wanted to apologize to you. For yesterday. It was an asshole thing to do and I'm sure you've already gotten enough shit for it."

He was actually apologizing? I didnt take him as the type to apologize. I couldn't believe it. But why?

"W-who put you up t-to t-this?" I asked.

"Nobody," He shoved me into a door, it opened and I fell right on the floor, dropping my cane and the sound of glass hitting the floor as my glasses flew off my face. I quickly felt around for my cane, grabbing it and holding it in front of me hopefully to keep the distance between him and I a canes length away.
"W-wha-t the hell G-Gerard!"

"Trust me Frank. You won't be needing those anymore." I felt him yank the cane from my shaky sweaty hands. I scooted back until I hit the cold wall, my legs, skaing. My body, shaking. My chest rising up and down and I tried to yell for help, but yet again my words we're getting caught in my throat. I felt so helpless. He was going to hurt me like he did to Pete just as Ray told me.
With that thought, I stared to cry. My lip quivered and I felt the tears go down my cheeks and into my mouth. I've never experienced something so scary. So horrible. He's going to kill me.

"Let me help you Frank." Gerard slide his hand to my cheek, his index finger tilting my chin up, so he could make eye contact with me. Gerard starred at me, dead in the eyes. But I couldnt see him so I just squeezed my eyes shut, I wonder what he's doing?

I felt his hot breath, it's was so relaxing. He leaned in, his lips gracefully swept across mine. My bottom lip stopped quivering. It felt so good, a tingling sensation rushed through me. It was so passionate, and I loved every second of it. Seconds passed, and Gerard pulled away. I was so relaxed.
I felt Gerards weigh come off me, I wanted to get up but my legs were still shaking.

"Frank. Open your eyes." Gerard said calmly. I started to panic, what's going to happen? It's not like I can see anythi-

I opened my eyes.

Everything was bright. The only thing in front of me were beautiful eyes. A round pale face to match, and long dark hair, which I assume its the color black. And its amazing.

"Frank? Are you okay?" Gerard asked, his eyebrows scrunching together. I sucked in every ounce of air that I could, but nothing came out. My eyes got big and a sudden rush of adrenaline came over me. I sprung up, turning to my right to see myself in the long restroom mirror.

My hair was messy, my face  and eyes were puffy from crying. I couldn't believe it. That was me. I looked so, weird. I looked over at Gerard. What has he done to me? "Frank, listen to me-" I pushed Gerard out of my way and dashing out of the dirty bathroom. "Frank stop!"

I ran into the hallway, slipping over my clumsy footing. I turn over and look Gerard dead in his eyes. "What the fuck did you do to me?!" I yelled.

"Frank keep it down." Gerard tried to shut me up, but I'm not having it. Every emotion came at me at once. Confusion, anger, happiness. It was all here.

"Why?" I felt myself starting to cry. I was at a lose for words. Soon enough, a student came running out of a classroom. His long curly hair bounced as he ran over to me.

"Frank! Frank! Are you alright?" He knelt down next to me, I observed his face. "Ray?"

Rays eyes got big, "Frank? You can see me?" Ray was stunned, no, shocked.
"I got to get out of here." I panicked, got up and ran to the nearest door, right out of the school.