{10} Found Things

REWRITTEN JULY 2020

Gerard was up in the attic for what felt like hours. Only thirty mintues had gone by, but still, it was a long time of having to wait for poor Frank.

Gerard suggested that he didn't go up, due to the dust and that Gerard couldn't get sick from it anyways. But Frank wasn't stupid, he knew Gerard wanted to go alone because he found something. Maybe it was some antique item? Gerard is probably old enough to know to be honest.

After awhile, Frank heard the latter to the attic creeking, and down came Gerard with an old chest in his arms. He set it down in Franks room, they sat in front of it observing how old it was. As soon as Gerards pale hand touched the old wood, the dust came clean off. God this had to be here for at least a hundred years. Gerard grabbed the key, sliding it into a little keyhole that Frank didn't notice at first.
It fit perfectly.

Gerard unlocked it, but before he opened it he looked  right into Franks eyes for further approval. Gerard opened the lid. As soon as It opened complelty, the lid fell right off.  But they weren't to concerned what was on the outside, but the treasures on the inside.

Inside the chest, was more dust covered things. Gerard handled them of course, for 'Frank's safety,' he told him. Which was partly true but was moslty for his curiosity.

First, Gerard pulled out an old book. He didn't want to open it, fearing he would break it like the lid, so he set it down next to Frank so he could look. Frank blew the dust off, and on the leather cover was sitched 'L.Iero'

"Thats weird," Frank spoke up. "Thats my last name." He pointed out. Gerard picked up the book and read the stitching. He didn't say anything but raise an eyebrow.
"What?" Frank asked. Gerard knew something,
"Nothing,"
"What aren't you telling me? It obviously concerns me now, my last name is on a hundred year old notebook,"

"Two hundred and eighteen actually," Gerard corrected.
"How do you know?" Frank asked.

"I've seen this notebook before. Two hundred and eighteen years ago..."
Gerard trailed off,
"Gerard, that had to be," Frank did a quick calculation im his head. "The year eighteen hundred exaclty! How old we're you then?"

Gerard set the notebook down, "I had to be... maybe eight? Nine?" He started rubbing his temples.
"Well you sure did age well," Frank chuckled, "Frank I have no time for your bad jokes right now! Tell me, who lived here before you? Wait no, who built the house?"

"Gerard, I dont know. I've lived here all my life and this was my grandmother's house before she passed and my mom bought it-"

"Who was your grandmother Frank? Who?!" Gerard gripped Franks arms tightly, shaking the boy slightly as if he had gone mad. "I-I never knew her, she passed before I was born Gerard."

"Damnit!" Gerard looked for the closes thing, it being his shoe, before he chucked it at the wall,  grabbing the notebook and stormed out. Frank didn't understand why Gerard was so angry. Frank also didn't know why there was a book in the attic with his last name on it. Frank just didn't understand.

Frank hasn't seen Gerard in over a week. He hasn't been to school or anything, and nobody else really seemed to care that he was gone, other than Frank of course.

"Hey Frank," Ray said setting his lunch tray down next to him and taking a seat. "Have you heard anything about Gerard?" Frank asked.

"Why hello to you too Frank, my day's goin' good so far how about you?" Ray rolled his eyes.
"Well sorry Ray, im just worried,"

"Frank just forget about him. He's no good-"

"Why? You dont even know him! He's a good person and I know it!" Frank argued, but before Ray could say anything back he got up and left the table, sitting across the cafeteria in the far empty corner where he usually does with Gerard. This time, he didn't mind being so lonely for once.

"Frankie boy,"

Frank opened his eyes, he was back in The Empty. "Leave me alone!"

"All your pain, sorrow, and heartache will soon go away. You know what you have to do, "

"I wont! I'll never!"

"Nobody loves you Frank. You're worthless."

"That's not true! Gerard loves me!"

"You know thats not true Frankie, you know he's using you. You're in denial but soon he's going to get what he wants from you and you're going to end up like Pete."

"Shut up!"

Frank was spun around, to be met by a noose hanging in the air. He couldn't see where the rope ended or began, it was nothing but him and the noose.
"Fucking do it Frank!"

In a blink of an eye, the noose was wrapped around Frank's neck. It wasn't on tight, but still scared the living shit out of him as he tried ever so desperately to pry it off. Frank started to feel it tighten around his neck, as every second passed it began more difficult to breath. After what felt like a lifetime to pulling at the rope Frank felt the floor below him vanish.

Next thing he knew he was falling. Falling down, down, down, until he stopped falling, but was hanging in mid-air from the rope. He felt a sharp snap in his neck, his eyes grew wide at the stinging pain, but it slowly subsided. Frank didn't feel any pain anymore, he was alive sure, but his whole body went cold and he couldn't breath, scream, or move anymore. He swore he could hear the laughter of the evil voice.
Within the dark, emerged a figure. It was getting closer and closer.

The figure stepped right up to Frank, and it wasnt just a dark figure, it was a familiar face. It was the only person in the world he wanted to see most, but not under these circumstances. It was Gerard, grinning ear to ear in the most psychotic way.

'Help' was the only thing Frank could think of before his mind went complelty blank and he couldn't think anymore. "Bye bye, Frankie." Is all Gerard said before he let out a blood curling scream. It was so high pitched that it could easliy be mistaken for a dog whisle. As Gerard screamed his mouth flew wide open, and all Frank could see was fangs emerging right out Gerards gums, blood pooled in his mouth and dripped down his chin and he took a animalistic bite out of Frank's broken neck.

Frank jolted up, trying to take a breathe in but couldn't. He felt around his neck, prying off the strings of the hoodie Frank had fallen asleep in that had been choking him. He was too shocked to scream or cry for his mom, or do anything at that.
He was scared shitless and probably needed to change his bedsheets. These night terrors have been occurring less and less, but also have been getting worse and worse over time. In times like this, Frank wished he was still blind. He wished he didn't have to see the image of his dear friend Gerard sucking the life out if him.
And the even scarier part is, Frank still wanted to go to Gerard. He wanted to tell him all about his night terrors, but at the same time he was starting to fear Gerard. Even though he hasn't hurt him in anyway, Frank was scared. 

Frank was scared of his dreams, of Gerard, of dying.