{8} Welcome To The Committee 2

REWRITTEN JULY 2020

Arriving to school the following week was different. I actually got to observe the school while on my way to the morning meeting. Principal Vasquez called for one this morning, saying it was important.

As I arrive to the unfamiliar classroom, reading the braille by the door, I see what I assume is to be the welcoming committee. I havent seen what they looked like, I've only ever seen Ray and a few people but non of these guys rang a bell.
I knocked gently before entering, peeking my head in through the door.

Everyone got quiet as they starred me down.
"Uh hi, um, Am I in the right room??"

"Come in Frank," Mr.Vasquez waved at me to come in, while the other students just looked at me oddly. "Shall everyone re-introduce themself?" He asked. I gave a small nod.

A girl with dark hair, kinda tall, and what I assume to be red lips stood up. "Hey Frank, Its me Lindsey." I smiled at her, she was very pretty and she did sound like lindsey alright.

"Uh, and Im Jamia." She smiled and stuck her hand out for me to shake it, I happily did. She was also very pretty. Prettier than Lindsey might I add.

The next person went. "Uh hey, Im Mikey," The boy with the glasses and long hair slunched over and also gave an awkward smile.

"Well, Im Ray but you already know that."

"And im Brendon, but you can call me Bren."  I gave him a small nod, smiling a bit.

I never was this smiley before. Not that I can recall at least.

"And im Gerard. Gerard Way,"

I turned around to see Gerard leaning against the door frame with his hands in his side pockets and his signature smirk plastered on his face as his greasy hair stuck to his forehead.
Rays eyes widened, he pushed me back a little, stepping up to a very cocky looking Gerard.

"What do you want Way?" He asked angrily, his nose flairing a bit. "Im joining the club, hope there is room." He casually walked in a sat at one of the desks, giving Ray a devilish smile.

"No! No, no, no, no, no! No more room Way! Our club is pretty full!"

"Doesn't seem like it, I only see six of you, and as much as you wouldn't like it, im joining this club."
Ray looked back and fourth between Gerard and Mr.Vasquez, the man gave him a stern look before Ray left out a heavy sigh.

"Alright Way," Ray was getting more and more frustrated with Gerard, I looked around the room and everyone was to scared to stop them, except Lindsey who looked like a lionesses ready to pounce on him, but even at that Mikey still left.

"Who put you up to this? Why all of a sudden, mister Gerard 'I dont give a fuck' Way wants to join the Welcoming Committee?" Ray asked angrily.

"Principal Vasquez.." I  finally found the courage to pipe in," He said Gerard has to join the club, and I have to keep an eye on him or he'll get expelled." I mumbled, but the room feel silent enough to where everyone can hear me.

"You shouldn't waste your time Frank, it's not your responsibility to keep tabs on him." Bren spoke up, Lindsey and Jamia nodded in agreement. "He's going to get you in trouble Frank, big trouble.."

I gave a sympathetic smile, not trying to agree nor disagree. They were trying to make me choose sides.
Gerard seemed to notice the awkwardness between all of us, so he jumped in, throwing an arm around me. "Well Frank, we best be on our way," he guided me out of the room, as I looked back at them over my shoulder I could swear that I saw Ray shake his head in disapproval.

"Gerard? Why does everyone hate you?" I asked, but then regretting I did. "Well reason number one, im a heartless ass. And two, im just hateable I guess."

"Oh, makes sense I guess," I tried to shrug it off. To be honest, Gerard isnt a heartless ass. He saved me, and a 'heartless ass' wouldn't go out of their way to save a life, right?

I looked back up at Gerard, notcing his arm still thrown over my shoulder. Gerard wasn't as bad as everyone says he is, and im willing to crack him open to prove it. Welcome to the Committee Gerard.

The mixture of grey and white shined through my bedroom curtain as it lit up the not-so-dark room.

I have sight. I can see,

I never really got to focus on what my room looked like. I never really knew what kind of decor I had becuase of obvious reasons. And my mother always bought me decor that she thought looked nice. I never really had a say in anything.

I kicked off my shoes, looking down at my white socks. I wiggled my toes into the champagne colored carpet, smiling at my silly actions. The floorboard creeked under me as usual as I flopped down on my bed and did something I've never done before.

I starred off into space. At a ceiling!

The grey and white tones contouring each corner and crease made everything so magnificent. Its the little things like this that people who could see take for granted.

Colors. So many colors.

I had so much to learn, I know so little. And Gerard can teach me! I've heard him go on and on about paintings and pretty colors. Names that I never knew before. Who knew that someone like Gerard who had this persona was so artsy? I had so much to learn. Where has Gerard been all my life?