{18} Kill All Our Friends

REWRITTEN AUGUST 2020

I couldn't exactly tell you what happened in that very moment, but it was like no other pain I've ever felt before. It was hot and pinched my skin, it felt like the same pressure I felt when I cried, like something was caught; stuck maybe. I felt like vomiting everywhere, but nothing came out of my mouth other than long throaty gasps. I could feel the liquid fall from my mouth as I held my stomach and fell to my knees. I looked up at the two in front of me with hazy eyes. I wanted to speak but I couldn't, my words turned into a mixture of retch and blood.
I stood still on my knees, trying to balance myself so I dont fall over.

"I didn't mean for anyone to get shot," I heared a very frightend Ray mutter a few feet in front of me. He dropped the gun on the floor, running his hands through his hair in pure frustration and panic. Gerard knelt down in front of me, resting his hand on my shoulder while the other lightly tapped my face, telling me over and over that I'll be okay and to stay awake. He turned to Ray, scowling at him as his eyes turned from the hazel color to dark and cold.
"You're gonna pay!" He threatened, getting to his feet and running towards Ray as he tackled him into the ground.
"You fucking hurt him you motherfucker!" Gerard grunted as he threw a punch at Ray, unleshing all his anger on the poor guy.
As I watched Gerard on top of Ray a few feet away, I heard something in the distance. I looked around the dark lot seeing nothing but black around me as I heard the noise again, but this time I could make out what it was.

"Frank," It said.

I glanced over my shoulder behind me, seeing the dark familiar figure. It placed a hand on my shoulder, its claws lingering next to me as my heart rate imcreased by the second.

"Look at him Frankie," It whispered, I glanced up at Gerard who was still giving Ray the beating of his lifetime. After a few more blows Ray stopped moving, and Gerard just kept hitting him. "Is this the man you claim to love?"

'Youre not real,' I thought. 'You're not real,'

"Oh but Frankie, I am. I become more and more real everyday. If I wasn't real, explain how I'd be able to do this!" It said as it slid the gun towards me. It possessed my wrist and guided my hand, and made me pick it up. I couldnt let go, the figure was too strong. I finally gathered my strength, just enough to let out a small squeak as tears started to stream down my face, "G-Gerard."

His head instantly shot up to look at me, looking at me in confusion as the figure made me hold the gun up to my temple. As soon as he got off of Ray, I saw what use to be his face literally bashed in, there was even more blood all over Gerards hands and some on his face and clothes.
"Frank?" Gerard quickly made his way towards me, trying to take the gun out of my hands but figure wouldn't let me let go of it. "Frankie let go so I can help you," He pulled at the gun with more force, trying to pry it from my fingers without hurting me but the figure wasn't giving up that easy. Everything around me started getting dark. I looked down at my bloodied up shirt and the pool of red all around me. I didn't notice that I bled that much, but now I was feeling extremely light headed. I even started to get cold under my heavy coat.
My eyelids fluttered shut and I feel forward onto Gerard. The last thing I remember before I blacked out was his warm breath and hand running through my hair as I buried my face into his neck.

"I win,"

"Its going to be okay Frankie," Gerard sniffled as he held the unconscious boy in his arms. He still pryed at Franks cold fingers to get the gun out of his hands, but he didn't know why Frank still wasnt letting go. "Frankie please," Gerard sobbed, trying to shake Frank awake to regain consciousness but nothing was working. Gerard cupped Franks pale face, placing two fingers on his forehead and attempting to try and revive him. Gerard doesn't even know if he can bring Frank back. He's always been able to heal people like the day of the accident when it was just cuts and bruises, but bringing someone back to life was something Gerard was terrified to try, but right now, is now or never.
Gerard concentrated even harder, swearing like a sailor when he felt himself loosing energy over giving it to a pale looking Frank. "Come on!" He murmured, putting every ounce of energy and strength into the boy. After a few minutes, Gerard started to loose hope, tears streamed down his face as he tried shaking Frank awake again; but nothing happened.

Gerard thought and thought, before his mind finally settled on a last resort. He rested Franks head on his shoulder, running a hand through his hair and a finger trailing down from his lips to his chin. He turned the boys head away from him, Gerard opening his mouth wide enough to get his fangs to show before biting down on his neck. The rush of blood was almost too much for Gerard, but before he got carried away he pulled off of him and whiped the red from his chin. He countinuted to hold Frank against him, cradling him in his arms in the middle of the lot untill the sun peaked over the distance. It shined just enough to capture the lighting on Franks face perfectly, and thats when Gerard noticed it.
The bleeding had stopped, and the wound where he had been shot wound was completely gone, along with the newly made one on his neck.
"Frankie?" He pulled the boy off of him, cupping his face as Franks eyebrows stitched together as he tirdly let out a little "hm?"

Gerard grabbed Frank by the collar of his shirt and pulled him im for a deep, passionate kiss. Gerard has never felt so releaved that someone was alive. In all his years of living, he's never met someone that made him feel alive like Frank did. Gerard pulled away to catch his breath, resting his forehead on Franks as he let out tears of joy.
"I-I love you, so so much. I really fucking do," Gerard admitted.

Frank slowly opened his eyes, expecting to be met with the familiar hazel that he saw, just like that day in the bathroom. His eyebrows furrowed, and Gerard took notice of his sudden distress. "Whats wrong Frankie?" Gerard caressed the undead boys face.

"G-Gerard I-I-I cant see anyth-ing."