{15} Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

REWRITTEN AUGUST 2020

Belleville Police Department; 2015

"Gerard, what are the odds of seeing you here again." Officer Stump said sarcastically, holding a steeming cup of coffee in his right hand as he saw the boy hunched over in a chair with handcuffs around his wrists.

Gerard just ignored the officer, scowling at the floor and hoping he'll just go away.

"What'd you do now?" Officer Stump asked, attempting to make convorsation with the boy to see if he can get anything out of him. Its no lie that Officer Stump took an interest in the boy, he reminded him of himself when he was younger. Rebellious.

"I pushed someone." He said.

"Just pushed someone?" The Officer asked, pushing Gerards buttons a little more to see if maybe he can get some info on why the hell this boy was here again. "He fell and started bleeding. I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Why did you push him Gerard?"

"Because I wanted to, now leave me alone." Gerard averted his eyes to anything else except the officer. Officer Stump has arrested Gerard in a total of four times in the two months. It was always minor things like fights and grafetti an such. Most of the time parents chose not to press charges on him luckly.

"Gerard you gotta start cleaning up your act." Officer Stump sighed, then taking a sip of the warm coffee."One day you're gonna do something to the wrong person and everything will catch up to ya," Gerard glanced back up at him, raising an eyebrow then asking, "Can I have some?"

"You know where the machine is, and dont let knowone see you." Officer Stump sighed again as Gerard slide behind the desk and into the conference room where the coffee maker sat on a small table. As soon as Gerard disappeared around the corner, Officer Stump let a small smile tug on his lips.

"This Is officer Stump how may I be of assistance?"

"Uh hi. I'd like to make a report..." The guy on the other end said.

"Please state the type of report you'd like to file." Officer Stump held the desk phone between his ear and shoulder and pulled out some forms and a pen.
"I would like to report suspicious behaviour. I've noticed a student at the local Belleville who might be involved with d-drugs."

"Have you spoke to an administrator?"

"Uh no. The reason I didn't is because they let this student off the hook with so many things and he needs to be stopped."

"Could you give me the name of the student?" Officer Stump asked as he wrote down the previous information.
"Gerard Way." The guy said, making Officer Stump drop his pen and rub his temples in frustration as he drew out a long sigh. "And whats your name?" The officer asked, but the man on the other end hung up.

I sat with Gerard on the branch of a tree. We were about a good twenty feet in the air in the forest next to his house. He placed a flower crown that he weaved with yellow grass and dead daisys and sunflowers onto my head. "Beautiful." He praised, pecking my lips as I giggled.

"So what are your plans for New Years?" He asked.

"Oh, I dont know. My mom and I usually stay home but I was hoping to spend some time with you." I said while holding his hand.
"You know, I really like your hair like this," he complimented. I had started letting my hair grow out and it was starting to look more rugged than before. "Its sexy," He smirked, caressing my cheek before leaning in to kiss me passionately.

We were interrupted by the sound of twigs breaking and leafs crunching on the ground. It was Mikey, who has showed up out of knowhere. He had his hands on his knees and it looked like he was out of breath. "Gerard. We have a problem." He panted.
"When do we not to be honest." Gerard said as he helped me down the tree, "What's up Mikey?" He asked.

"Officer Stump is headed this way." He said in between breaths.
Gerard rolled his eyes, grabbing my hand and pulled me into his arms. "Tuck your head into my chest," he said but before I could question it he started running at inhuman speed and stopped immedialty as we approached his house making me jolt. Guess who has whiplash now? He set me inside on the recliner. "Gerard?" I asked dazily, "Who is Officer Stump?"

"He's just a police officer who likes me a bit too much to actually do his job." Gerard said, I couldnt tell if he was being literal or sarcastic. "Frank, do you trust me?"

"Of course I do." I was very hesitant. I didn't know what exactly was going on but I trusted Gerard. "Frankie, I need you to go to the attic. In there you are going to find some very questionable things and I need you to hide them. Mikey and I left them out accidenlty and if Officer Stump finds it then we'll all be screwed. Please Frank,"

Gerard and I turned our attention to the police car pulling up front to the house. Mikey was already outside, getting ready to stall Officer Stump to buy us some time. Gerard quickly grabbed me by the arm, and rushing me over to a secret room before pushing me into a room.
"Go Frank, now!" Was the last thing Gerard said before he closed the door, and a man in a dark blue uniform came walking in through the front door.

"Gerard, who are you talking to?" He asked.

"Oh hey Officer Stump. What brings you here today?" Gerard asked a little nervosuly. "I got a complaint of suspicious behaviour over here and thought I might check it out." He smilied before handing Mikey a search warrant.

"It wont take me long anyways, you two have nothing to hide right?" He smilied as Gerard and Mikey stood nervously in the middle of the living room.

Meanwhile, Frank had managed to find a hidden door that was blocked off by table, and when he moved it he saw that the door had a staircase leading up on the otherside. "Go to the attic, hide whatever was up there." Frank repeated his task over and over, it shouldn't be too difficult right?

When Frank made his way to the top of the stairs, he had been met with a large room. It was very clean, too clean. The walls and floor were white and a small window was high up on the wall so you could see the gloomy sky above. In the white room was a table, and on that table was the only color in the room. Red.

There were nothing but Erlenmeyer Flasks and little glass bottles filled with red liquid, they were all labeled with "AB/O" "A/B" "B/B" and "AB/AB". If Frank put two and two together you get your answer of what was inside the containers. But the number one question Frank was asking, he didn't know if he wanted the answer. Was it human blood? And was is fresh?

Underneath the table, Frank noticed a trap door that was painted over so it matched the all white environment. Luckly it was unlocked and he carefully placed every glass container and flask in one by one. As he shut the little door, a rush of cool air nipped at his neck, making his hairs stand and goosebumps ran down his arms.

Frank quickly turned his attention behind him. In the darkest corner of the room stood a figure. It wasnt Gerard of Mikey, this silhouette of a figure was much more feminine. You could see the knotted and messy hair and the increabliy skinny figure it had, but what made it more creepy was that it was faceless.
"Hello?" Frank asked it with a lump in his throat.

"We all die in our nightmares Frank. You're next"