Chapter 1

"Everyone wants power but don't know what to do when they actually get it," She thinks to herself, staring out to the open space where students usually gather to relax, read and do lots of stuff. 

She sits near the space, together with a female friend of hers, waiting for her project supervisor to show up. The lady, her name being Chiamaka, is quite beautiful, of average height and a nice slim body. She has a mixture of frustration and fatigue written all over her face. 

Her female friend, sitting beside her, has a pair of earphones on. She is relaxing her head on her chair, facing the ceiling with her eyes are closed as she drowns in the song she is listening to. Her legs are crossed and her hands in the side pockets of her fully unbuttoned short-sleeved shirt. She is also of a slim body build and fair skin.

"Hey!" a male voice says, snapping Chiamaka out of her stare.

"Why the long face?" he asks. Chiamaka turns to him.

"Seems like he's not showing up today. Yeah?" he adds.

"We've been here all day and he said he'll come. I'm just tired and today is supposed to be my birthday," Chiamaka replies.

"Well..." The guy is about to speak when Chiamaka gets a phone call.

"One second," she interrupts and answers the call.

"Yooo," Chiamaka's female friend lightly says, greeting the guy that is standing while Chiamaka answers her call. She removes her earpiece and stands to give him a hug.

"ID, what's up?" she says, with a wide yawn and a stretch.

"Ify finest," he replies, smiling as he pulls one of her cheeks.

"What's with you and my cheeks?" she asks, keeping her usual straight calm face.

"Not my fault you have puff puff cheeks," he replies and laughs.

Ifunanya (Ify) just sighs, shaking her head.

By now, Chiamaka is through with her phone call.

"Guys that was my supervisor, he said he can't make it today," she says and sighs.

"Let's go. What a birthday," she adds, feeling disappointed.

"Sorry babe. Let's go eat something. Might be late but we can still do one or twos," Ifunanya says, preparing to leave.

"Like Sharwama abi?" ID replies sarcastically, looking at Ifunanya.

"Completely read my mind," Ifunanya responds.

"And you're the one getting them for all of us by the way," she adds.

"You guys," Chiamaka smiles, looking at both of them.

"Ugh!" ID softly exclaims.

"When you put it that way, I guess I have no choice," he adds.

"By the way, Chiamaka about our discussion earlier today, so you still don't believe in supernatural forces?" Ifunanya asks as they leave the building.

"Ugh!" she sighs.

"Ify, how can I believe in something I can't see? How can I be certain of its existence? How can you say that a storm was as the result of a supernatural occurrence?" she rants.

"But you go to church don't you?" Ifunanya asks, giving Chiamaka a sarcastic look.

"Ehn that one is because I was raised like that nah," Chiamaka replies.

"But really I didn't think you wouldn't believe in supernatural forces," ID says, as they keep walking.

"But you know you don't have to see it for it to exist," Ifunanya continues.