Chapter 15

Ifunanya and Chiamaka finally arrive at a beautiful large estate with visually appealing structures. This estate is where Ikeoku, Ezeogu (Chiamaka's father) and the Unknown (Shade) are currently residing.

At the Eastern part of Nigeria however, Oge, Ifunanya and Chiamaka make their arrival at the location of Ikeoku, Ezeogu and the Unknown going by Shade. This is around 4:00am. The large gates of the estate open and the car conveying Ifunanya, Chiamaka and Oge, drives in. After moving some distance, it stops. Ikeoku appears and stands in front of the car.

"No need to proceed further Ifunanya, we shall have our discussion here," he says.

Ifunanya alights from the car, her eyes glowing with yellow lustre, and her face wearing a calm but fierce look.

"And you think I'll just let that happen, Ikeoku?!" She responds, holding the door of the car as steam emanates from her entire body.

Ikeoku smirks and replies, "Do you think you can fight me while protecting her? That is why you're here, isn't it? To defeat me, right? If so, then it's best she goes ahead. Also, she is here to see her father, he is waiting for her. Let's not waste time on this, shall we?"

Ifunanya pauses, looks at Oge, then switches her gaze to Chiamaka. She thinks to herself, "He's right. Even if I insist, there's no way I alone can take on him and Oge simultaneously."

"Fine," She says. "Be careful Chiamaka. Once I'm done here, I'll come for you."

Ifunanya lets go of the car and slams the door. Oge giggles as the car drives off past Ikeoku.

"That's a bold claim, Ifunanya. You're under the impression that you'll defeat me and go for your friend," Ikeoku states with both his arms behind his back.

Ifunanya stretches her right hand towards Ikeoku, a sword materializes; she grabs it, points it at Ikeoku and declares, "I am hundred percent confident that I will."

"Fine. Come th--," Ikeoku was about completing his sentence, when Ifunanya promptly appears in front of him in a crouching position. Swiftly, she lands a powerful kick on his solar plexus (part of the body) that sends him flying four thousand feet in the air (4,000 ft). While in the air, she follows up with another kick that pushes Ikeoku further and she keeps at it, landing fifteen of these kicks. This brings them both to an altitude of about sixty thousand feet (60,000 feet).

Each of the kicks discharge powerful sonic booms like thunder roaring in a mighty storm. Ifunanya halts on the kicks and keeps her distance from Ikeoku as she catches her breath.

As Ifunanya's barrage stops, Ikeoku crouches in the air for a brief moment, exhales and stands. "Not bad, I see you've released your limiter," he says standing in the air with his hands behind his back and his eyes glowing fiercely.

"I don't intend to drag this battle for long. Even if we're in the phasic realm, I don't know how much impact my attack can have in the real world. That's why at this altitude, I can let out as much as I want," Ifunanya replies.

"Our people have a saying, Ihe ehi hụrụ gbalaba oso ka okuku huru

na-atụ onu (Fools rush in where angels fear to tread). It was foolish of you to rush in, Ifunanya" Ikeoku says. With great speed, he appears before Ifunanya and throws a mighty blow.

"Solar wave: Scorching Fist."

However, Ifunanya quickly reacts.

"Solar wave: Scorching Jolt."

Using her leg, glowing and enshrouded with fire, she stops Ikeoku's punch with a kick. A powerful shockwave is released from the collision of the hits. Ifunanya quickly utilizes Ikeoku's fist to throw herself higher in the air and with her sword, she projects an assault.