Chapter 13

Previously on Talents Activate...

Chiamaka, a lady who did not believe in the supernatural, has been opened into a new reality, a world of beings able to manipulate blades, wield flames, invade minds, and affect different forces. A mysterious man, Ezeogu, having the probability of being her father wants to take her for reasons best known to him but her friends resist. Ife zooms off to quickly engage Oge in order to save her team while the fierce battle between Ifunanya, Aisha and Tomisin is about to be concluded...

At the Lofty Place, Nelo dances beautifully, flowing along with the rhythm of the music beats and Rume follows her on the dance floor toe-to-toe. They soon move to the side to get some drinks and catch their breath.

"You move quite well, Mr..." Nelo states, trying to guess his name.

"Rume. My name is Rume," he responds with a light smile.

"Nice to meet you Rume, you can call me Nelo," she replies, smiling back while taking a sip from her glass cup.

"So, Rume, what other interesting things are you good at?" Nelo asks.

"Hmm. Quite a lot but I'd rather you experience them than I bore you with just tales," Rume replies, looking into Nelo's eyes.

"Hmm? a bad boy I see," Nelo lightly whispers.

ID soon finds Nelo and quickly approaches her.

"Sorry to interrupt your flirting but we have to go now; Trouble might be brewing somewhere," he says.

Nelo frowns a bit and lets out sigh, "he's the one flirting by the way, not me."

"What kind of trouble are we looking at?" she inquires.

"It's Ife, she might be in danger as the assassin known as Oge went after her team and Ife has now zoomed off to fight her," ID answers.

"Oge? That's very dangerous," Nelo says and drops her glass cup at the counter of the bartender.

"Let's hurry then," she adds and proceeds to move.

"Do you mind joining us?" ID asks Rume.

"Hmm... sounds like fun and I'd still get to be with this my new found crush. Alright my man, I'll go with you guys," Rume answers with a smile.

Nelo pauses looking at both of them, "You two know each other?"

"Isn't it obvious?" ID replies. "Let's go," he adds.

***

Meanwhile,

Ifunanya, who is glowing brilliantly like the sun, is standing looking at Aisha and Tomisin.

"This will be over in a minute," she says, brings out a coin from her pocket and flips it vigorously that it spins high up into the sky.

"Before that coin lands, this battle will be over," Ifunanya adds.

"Humph!!! That means we'd have pinned you down," Aisha replies and dashes off as lightning to attack Ifunanya.

Ifunanya uses her swords to block the attack from Aisha and a massive shockwave of lightning and fire is released. Immediately, multiple images of Tomisin appears at the battle area surrounding Ifunanya and Aisha.

"A new trick?" Ifunanya thinks to herself, looking around.

"Concentrate!!!" Aisha yells and swings her second sword, clad with whirling clouds, against Ifunanya but Ifunanya instantly dashes off to Tomisin's position, at the rooftop and launches a heavy kick against her with her right foot.