Chapter 9.5: Spinoff about the origin story of Ifunanya

Somewhere in the South Eastern region, one of the six regions of a federation known as Nigeria, in a small building with a cool atmosphere, Nnanna keeps pacing around the door of the labor room. He is quite anxious to see his new born baby, a girl just as he had wished.

"Waaa!!!" He hears the cry of the baby.

"Finally!!!" He says to himself. Quickly, he rushes into the room without any permission, not that he needed any, being the chief of one of the great communities of the eastern region.

"Congratulations Sir," the doctor in charge says as she turns towards the door knowing that it is Nnanna that just entered.

"It's a baby girl as predicted," she adds.

"Truly she bears the crest, I can see it just by looking at her," Ozioma, the mother of the baby and the wife of Nnanna, says as she holds the baby.

"Indeed, she will be a strong force to be reckoned with. I guess Uzodinma's predictions are accurate as expected," Nnanna says, poking the cheeks of his new baby girl.

While all the celebrations and rejoicing are going on, the air suddenly becomes quite warm, too warm for the usual.

Feeling the change in atmosphere, Nnanna's countenance changes.

"Ugo!!! Onyema!!! Adindu!!! Guard the door and prepare for any battle!!!" He shouts.

Immediately, three muscular men in ash uniforms and heavy black boots, swiftly appear in front of the door, on guard. They each have rings on their smallest fingers and out of this rings come swords and shields which materialized to physical form. These swords can cut into half, even from a distance, a military grade tank and the shield can defend against missiles. These are not your average warriors but those blessed with the transphasic energy (the combination of spiritual and physical energy).

The three warriors stand focused and ready for any incoming attack. Suddenly, a figure appears a distance from them and begins walking as one with authority towards them.

Before they can get a good glimpse of the face of the mysterious figure, just by feeling his Phasic aura, they quickly rush at the figure to launch a combined attack. The figure, a man, pauses, raises his left palm towards them as they approach and what seems like three small balls of fire emerge from his palm. With great force, each ball of fire moves towards the targets, expanding on the way, makes contact and explodes before the warriors can react sending the three warriors flying in different directions.

The man starts walking towards the delivery room once more.

"Chinaka, take my wife and the baby along with your team and make a run for it. I'll hold off our uninvited guest." Nnanna says, as he walks towards the door.

"In case of anything that happens, this child's name is Ifunanya, as you have said earlier Ozioma," he adds.

"Please come back safely," Ozioma replies. Some team members of Chinaka, the doctor, help Ozioma up and support her as they make a run for it through another door. Chinaka has the baby Ifunanya, in her hands.

"Ikeoku Arinze!!! So you've come for my child just as you said when Ozioma was still pregnant with her," Nnanna yells as the two men meet at the door of the delivery room.

Ikeoku, the mysterious figure earlier, chuckles and replies,

"Nnanna Obidiegwu, I already gave you a heads up that your child possesses the crest of Anyanwu just like I do and you know very well what I have done to the other crests of Anyanwu. Why do you think I have existed for over two centuries now?! It is through the power of the crests and the dark arts that I am able to increase my life force, phasic energy and vitality. Your child shall not be an exception! Hand her over quietly except you wish to do battle against me."