Chapter 14

Previously...

Ifunanya, Aisha and Tomisin had a massive battle which Ifunanya was victorious and ended up leaving in order to battle Ikeoku. Chiamaka already made up her mind and met with Oge to leave. Oge and Ife had a short battle where Oge severely wounded Ife however ID later found Ife and with Nelo's help, is taking her to get her wounds healed.

In a world of supernaturally powered beings, what fate awaits humanity?

***

"Whew!! What a long night," ID says looking up at the night sky as he, Nelo and Rume who is carrying Ife, arrive at the house of Nelo's suggested healer. They stand at the gate of the apartment as Nelo rings the doorbell. The apartment is located at the top floor of a very tall building in the area known as Ikoyi, Lagos.

"Quite the affluent person I guess," Rume comments.

The door opens and a slim ebony lady with full afro hairstyle, dressed in a Jade colored silky night dress, wearing a pair of glasses with red frames and having a stick of cigarette in her mouth, is seen standing, holding the door to one side. She has a mild frown on her face.

"Wow! Quite the hottie too," Rume whispers, smiling at the lady, trying to look at her in a seductive manner.

The lady turns and looks at Rume, still frowning, she says, "Huh? What's wrong with your eyes? Are you tired of living?"

Rume smiles and responds, "And fierce too."

"Ugh," Yewande expresses and shakes her head.

Nelo proceeds to lightly slap Rume's back and giggles.

"Shut up!!!" she yells, as the giggles ends abruptly. She turns and faces the lady and greets her, "Hey Yewande. Been a while."

The lady, Yewande, returns her gaze to Nelo. "Chinelo, what's the big deal?" she asks.

"Well... long story short, we need your healing expertise in saving someone; I've done the little I can with my healing ability. You know for me it's not so easy healing others," Nelo replies gesturing her hand at Ife who is being carried by Rume.

Yewande blows a puff of smoke and let's out a sigh. "I can see that. What I mean is why'd you come to my man's house with a half dead lady and two... men. How did you even get this address?" she says.

Nelo giggles, placing her right hand at the back of her head. "Well... sorry about that. Sesan gave me this address. Plus you're the only one I could really go to at the moment. I know Wemimo also has healing ability but you know how she can be."

Yewande sighs again. "No need arguing this with you, come in," she says. "Luckily, my man isn't around. Just curious though, how'd you make it past security?"

Nelo smiles and responds, "We have our ways."

"Pfft!!!" Yewande exclaims. "Probably Phasic Dome ish," she says.

"By the way, this is ID, Rume and the half dead lady is Ife" Nelo says.

"ID seems familiar, I think we've met before if I can remember. Rume I know, cause he's kinda like a celeb anyway. I'm not sure I know this Ife lady," Yewande replies.

"Anyway, let's get this over with," she adds.

ID stays outside and says, "Umm, I have to go and meet up with Tobi. Seems something happened with Aisha, Tomisin and Ifunanya."

"I see. No wahala (No worries). I'll update you on how it goes," Nelo replies.

"Rume, Nelo, thank you guys so much. Catch you later," ID says and takes his leave.