Chapter 4

Back at Aisha's house, Tomisin and Chiamaka have arrived safely and are sitting on a couch in the massive living room with Tobi, watching TV. Chiamaka put her hands on her head, face bent down; she is filled with fear and sorrow at the same time.

"Why is all this happening now that I'm about to be done with my degree?" she mutters.

"Maybe they are following me from my village after all," she adds.

"Well for once, I guess the saying might really apply," Tomisin says, sipping a glass of juice.

Chiamaka sighs, relaxing her head at the top of the couch. Tomisin brinks out a pair of eyeglass from her trouser pockets and puts them on.

"Huh? Weren't you just shooting stuff now accurately without your glasses?" Chiamaka asks.

"Yeah," Tomisin replies.

"I don't necessarily need the glasses, I'm just attached to it because before I awakened my advanced talent abilities, I used to wear glasses, I guess it's a habit now," she adds.

"Or your boyfriend said you look good in them right?" Tobi teases and laughs.

"Shut up joor!!!" Tomisin shouts back.

Chiamaka laughs a bit.

"Anyway, why would anyone from my village be after me? They don't even know I exist I believe," she says.

"What do you mean?" Tomisin becomes interested.

"Well, my mom said when I was born, my father died and few of his family members knew of her pregnancy. The few that knew never found out if the delivery was safe or not because my dad relocated with my mom and cut away any communication with his family.

So since I was born I have never visited my father's village or even communicated with any of my father's people. My mom took care of me herself for a while and later remarried not too long after," Chiamaka explains.

"That's why I want to do my best and graduate with the certificate she has been looking forward to," she adds and sighs.

"And now this has happened and scattered your entire life abi?" Tobi comments.

"Could it be that when your birthday reached, one of them somehow found out and has decided to capture you?" Tomisin questions.

"The thing is they want to capture you, not kill you, that means you must be of value to whoever is involved," Tobi suggests.

"Wait, what exactly is your ability?" Tomisin asks.

"Ability?" Chiamaka repeats.

"I don't even know. I have no idea about what's happening to me. Maybe I should just tell my mom. She will probably want to move me out of this country. Yes that's a good idea," she says.

"You don't get it, do you?" Tomisin replies.

"This is not your everyday stuff, this is the supernatural. It doesn't matter where you run to, the fact they are using bounty hunters shows how serious they are, they will find a way to track you and if you cannot protect yourself, you will become bush meat to them," she informs Chiamaka, with a stern look on her face.

Chiamaka sighs and is frustrated.

"I'll still tell my mom," she says.

"Suite yourself. Sooner or later she'll find out anyway," Tomisin replies.

"Assuming she doesn't know already," Tobi adds.

Elsewhere, at an art gallery, a young man in his early twenties, wearing glasses and having a big afro, is standing in front of a large painting on display at the gallery.