Chapter 9

Elsewhere, in the South Eastern part of the country known as Nigeria, a fierce battle rages on.

In a vast area of land filled with trees, shrubs and grasses, birds of the night humming, flapping their wings as they soar in the air. Creeping creatures crawl about while the leaves dance to the rhythm of the wind. Close to this captivating forest, is a small settlement, seemingly developed, having electricity and tarred roads yet a few houses can be seen made of mud and thatched roofs. In this little town, all movements of humans have stopped as if time itself has paused, indicating the activation of phasic dome. Back at the large forest, in an empty space deep within the forest, the reason for this is clear.

A tall dark muscular man with braids and circle goatee beards, clad in golden armor, arm guards and boots; wearing an earring and having a commanding countenance is floating in the air looking down at some people. Next to him, is a lady with long silky hair, glowing purple eyes, dressed in Ankara-made sleeveless jumpsuit, having patterns with the colors, wine red and black. She is putting on some accessories, one of which is a necklace with a glistering purple crystal as its pendant.

"My, my, you just won't give up, thinking you could escape from us by fleeing to this forest?" the muscular man, in his deep voice, says to the people below him.

"We won't go without a fight," the two people below, reply.

"How courageous. It's so adorable," the lady with radiant purple eyes says and begins to laugh out loud as the cool breeze blows making her hair to flow like a gentle stream.

"However, in the end, we are Crests and you are not. That makes you inferior," she adds, grinning at them.

"That's right and inferior beings like you either bow or get blown away," the muscular says, swaying his right hand to his right. Instantly, multiple circles filled with bright yellow light appear and from each of these circles, emerge weapons such as swords, spears, axes, all enveloped with yellow lightning and they all point at the two people below.

"Well I guess the tier one of my arsenal will suffice," the tall dark muscular man, Balogun, says.

"What a joke. Even your advanced talents are inferior. You just possess what, the ability to manipulate paper? Sure as a trader that you are, I'm sure it comes in handy for you. You can even create fake currency with such ability. However, among us, the chosen gods, that's just demeaning. Now, you eastern fools, I am the crest of Ogun, the god of war and iron. I come in search of a special something but before that, pledge your allegiance to me and spare yourself the folly of death. Kneel before me and swear by the name, Ogun," Balogun commands, floating in the air, looking down at the people.

"I believe we have already made our stance clear," the two reply, audaciously.

"Well, that's too bad. Die," he responds and moves his right fingers a bit. Immediately, all the weapons spring from the multiple circles and swoop in to blast away the two people below. Suddenly, a huge bolt of lightning shoots from the sky and shields the two people from the attack, causing a loud explosion to occur when the weapons hit it.

BOOM!!!

"Sorry but this is the East and I believe, if by any chance they were to make any such swearing, they would rather go with Amadioha," a voice says, as the lightning fades out and a man is seen standing in front of the two people with his arms folded.

"Ha ha, what a pleasure this is. Long time, Charles Amadi, crest of Amadioha, the Igbo deity of thunder and lightning," Balogun says, with a smirk, folding his arms.