Chapter 8: The Grass Is Greener. The Blues Are Bluer.

(A/N)
Thanks Wi-Fi, for cutting out randomly and not giving me the chance to update this story for fucking weeks. Jesus Christ. Hopefully this doesn't ever happen again, ever. Question, quality over quantity or quantity over quality? Also who watched the Extra Life live stream? I still can't get over the 'Whose Spot Is It Anyways?' segment and Gavin spreading vegemite on Jeremy's bald head. I'm so proud that the RT Community was able to donate a ton of money for the kids by doing stupid shit and playing video games for 24 hours.

Crash Site Bravo

You and Tucker start doing the five laps around the canyon you two were ordered by Washington to do. After a while, Tucker groans.

Tucker: Ugh, why is he always like that?!

(L/N): Why is who always like that?

Tucker: Wash! He always acts like someone is watching us, ready to attack at any time! Hey (L/N), you're the one that knows the most about the Freelancers, do you have an idea why Wash is like that?

(L/N): He's just paranoid. The guy got stabbed in the back like four times during his time in Project Freelancer.

Tucker: So? We've gotten rid of Project Freelancer, he shouldn't be worried anymore!

(L/N): Yeah, maybe he's worried about something else.

Team RWBY and Penny catch up to the two of you.

Weiss: There the two of you are!

Tucker: Huh? What do you want?

Weiss: I have a question for the two of you.

(L/N): Shoot.

Weiss: Why can't we just get rid of Freckles? We're more than capable to, you know, take him out.

Tucker: Yeah, she's right! We have five badass chicks that can kick ass! They can definitely destroy Freckles, and that makes one less problem for Wash to worry about! That's two birds with one stone!

(L/N): Because if you destroy Freckles, Caboose will become depressed again. And I'm sure none of us want to go through that another time.

Weiss: ...You bring up an excellent point.

Tucker: Hey, how did you guys learn how to fight like that anyway?

Weiss: We were trained to protect our world from it's own evil, the creatures of Grimm.

Tucker: Grimm?

Weiss: Think of them as sort of your type of animals, except much more deadly and physically stronger.

Tucker: Man, what kind of fucked up world did you guys live in?

Weiss: Which is why we are trained, in order to keep those evils at bay and away from civilization.

(L/N): So, you guys were some kind of last defense?

Weiss: We were that, and the first line of defense. Huntsmen and Huntresses were employed on jobs outside the boundaries of civilization to combat the Grimm, while others stated within the boundaries and protected humans from the Grimm.

Tucker: Huntsmen and Huntresses?! What kind of names are those?

(L/N): I mean, it makes sense. They're pretty much hunting animals.

Tucker: Oh come on, if you were a total badass that protected humans from evil animals, you would totally want a more cooler name than that! I think Falconer or Fisher sounds more cool.