Making Of A Man

Nothing felt better than coming home to my wife at the end of the day.

Wife.

Yes, it still felt awkward addressing Sam as my wife. You could have asked me once not long ago if I ever saw myself settling down and my reply would have been "fuck no".

Then Sam came along and my world changed. Suddenly I wanted to love and be loved for me in return. Nights out drinking, partying, sleeping around didn't matter anymore. I found myself interested in what Sam had to say. I was in love with her mind and personality as much as I was her looks and body. Out of all that  and all she is what matters most to me is that Sam loved and trusted me enough to make me her first. That alone was the greatest gift she could ever give me.

Since Sam, there has and will be no other. Yea, Ari tried that mess and I understand why Sam thought I'd fooled around considering my past, but Ari didn't even began to stand a chance against my cupcake. I know I had called her the night I caught Sam out with Jax but it wasn't because I wanted her, no I wanted to hurt Sam as much as she had hurt me. I thank my star's Sam showed up when she did and kept me from making a terrible mistake.

These day's I'm strictly business. I put my best foot forward and try my hardest to control my impulses. Sam is my rock , my biggest support system. When I'm at work and I feel as if I'm about to explode I call her and she talks me down and I feel better. Then I return back to work and think through my decisions. Sam keeps my head on straight and there's no more secrets between us.

Truth be told I think my mom had a chat with her once she was better from being shot. Samantha had been with her that day  working on our upcoming wedding. When she comes home she is on a very high horse. She asked me how my day was and what I did. I gave her the usual shrug and same lame tale. That's when her head literally spinned around and her claws came out.

She demanded I let her know and continue to let her know everyday or we would have some major issues. Needless to say, I relented and now tell her everything, even the not so good parts. No way was I going to face her anger. Sam beats my ass and there's nothing I can do but  allow it and run. No way I'd ever place my hands upon her. I made that mistake before and it still makes me feel like shit.

Waking in the morning Sam greets me with a hug and a glass of orange juice. Then she proceeds to tell me that I'm going to do great things and continues to address me as king. She pumps my ego up before sending me on my way.

I've given great thought about taking over again and plan on speaking to my Pape this morning. This time I'm ready, prepared. Walking into my Pape's office his head was propped up on his hand, his eye's bloodshot, and he looked tired as fuck.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Didn't sleep well. What do you want?"

Shit, I hated to bring this up now. It was obvious he wasn't in the greatest of moods. "I want to talk to you about taking back over".

He snorted and replied dryly. "Get in line".

Giving him a confused look he offered a explanation.

"Your lovely mother managed to free herself and bounced in here yesterday  with a honey do list. At the top was me stepping down for good or else.."

He trailed off and took a few moment's then spoke again.

"To make matters worse I don't know where she's at".

I tried to hide my grin but couldn't. Pape sneered at me and spat. "Your just like that hellious woman".

I couldn't argue with him there.

"Well Pape, I think I'm ready this time.  I learned my lesson, my heads together and I'm confident that I can do this. Plus it helps that there's no snitches on the inside now".

Pape rubbed his tired eye's. "I don't know Dem. I just want to make sure everything is top notch before I hand the reigns back over. I want to see you succeed but in order to do so I want to give you a clean beginning."

Biting the inside of my cheeks to keep my impulsive nature at bay I could only nod. "Pape I can do this, besides it sounds like mommy's serious. By the way what was her threat?"

Pape tossed his own down. "A fucking divorce. I've got a month to make that decision".

"Well, let's do this".

"No Demarco. It's not that simple. I can't have you fail again".

"I fucking won't. My game's together and with Samantha by my side, I can't fail. What more do I need to do to prove myself".

"Son, it's just complicated. I need to be absolutely sure this time because if I let go, there's no coming back for me. I'm done."

"So your saying you'd let mommy walk away just to remain here?"

"Demarco. My and your mothers issues aren't up for discussion. I know what I'm doing. I'm having her hunted as we speak. The woman has already caused me a sleepless  night. I will not allow her to cause us to argue. My decision is final for the moment. I'll handle your mother when the time comes, just as I'll handle the business until I'm secure that your ready".

Not liking his response, I stood up ready to leave. As I placed my hand on the door he spoke. "By the way, have you spoke to Cole lately?"

"Not recently, no. Why?"

"No reason Dem, no reason".

Feeling bad for how exhausted he must be I offered. "Look Pape, why don't you go get some rest. Let me handle this for the day and I'll call you if anything major rises".

My answer was the swish of his hand ordering me to let him be. My temper was simmering after I left him as well as feeling hurt. My own father didn't seem to believe in me. Not knowing what else to do, I gave Sam a call. She always made me feel better.