The Queen Breaks

It's three in the morning and I'm so drunk I can barely stand. I haven't been this drunk in years and even then I had London to rub my back and hold my hair.... now I have nothing.

Nothing but this hotel suite and a bottle of Jack. At least Jack isn't trying to kill me, not yet anyways, I'll have to have a chat with my liver when I'm sober and find out.

I know I gave London a ultimatum, I just never thought he'd beat me to it. I assumed he'd give in and life would be perfect. I assumed he actually loved me enough to let it go for good. Man, was I wrong.

It all started this morning. I was enjoying my French toast and coffee when there was a knock at my door. Peeking out, I recognized one of London's trusted lawyer's. Not sensing any threats, I opened the door and greeted him with a smile.

"I have some important papers to deliver to you".

Nodding my head, I took them and thanked him. Shutting the door I settled back down to my toast. It wasn't unusual for me to receive documents, especially concerning my company so I didn't see this coming. I opened the envelope and read over the paper's. I was in stunned disbelief. There before me was London's signature issuing a separation until a divorce could be granted.

My world just spun out of control and I may have blacked out for a second from anger. He can't be serious I thought. If this is true he knows I'm vulnerable to his enemies, it means I have no protection.  It also means he really does consider me his enemy and for all I know plans to kill me.

Not believing he was actually serious and just using this as a forceful tactic to make me see things his way, I  hurriedly dressed and made my way to the Den to try and reason with him. That's where things got worse. As I entered the lobby a few of his men rushed toward me. Gripping me by the arm, they ushered me back onto the street. Speaking in a gruff tone one said. "You aren't allowed on the premises".

"The hell you say". I spat jerking my arm free and making my way back to the door. Before I could reach it I was grabbed again. "Get your hands off me  this instant".

"If you try again we have been granted permission to use force and will do so". One warned.

"If you do so, I will rest a bullet between your eye's". I snarled.

Attempting one more time, I was stopped short by a brisk twist of my arm. Grabbing my necklace I hissed "Dem".

Then narrowed my eye's at the men. "You want live to see another day, that's a promise".

After several moment's of waiting for my son to come down, I realized London must have disconnected my tracking device's. That sniveling bastard I thought. I fished my phone out of my bag getting ready to dial him but before I could, my phone rang. Noticing that it was my secretary from work, I took the call. Usually she doesn't phone unless it's urgent. "Yes". I answered hastily.

"Oh, Mrs. Harper, please hurry. There's men here saying we must vacate the building. There moving everything out onto the streets. I've tried to stop them but they refuse me".

What in the name of holy moly is going on? "I'm on my way".

Hanging up I decided I could wait to talk to Dem. Right now I needed to get to my office building. Thankfully traffic was lite and I made it there rather quickly. When I pulled up, I saw all the furniture, file cabinets, everything piled onto the sidewalk. Stepping in I called out. "Who's in charge of this?"

"That be me". Some pot bellied man spoke up handing me paper's.
"I demand that all these things be promptly put back into my building".

""Sorry. No can do". He said using his beefy hands.