Hide And Seek

It's been four day's and over a thousand miles since I've seen Miri or New York City. The king did just as my Pape said he would, he froze my accounts before I could secure my money. Now, I wait at different locations to collect the money my Pape wires to me. Soon as I receive the transaction, I get the hell out of dodge.

I as well as my Pape knows that the king is having him watched in hope's of being led to me. So I gather my money and put several miles between me and the last town. I stay in rundown motels, eat meager meals trying to spread my money out. Gone are the day's of special treatment, fine dining, and looking debonair. No, now I live like a pauper.

Day's pass by without a bath and I sleep with one eye open, waiting for them to catch up to me and I'm sure with time they will. London want stop until he has me and when he does, it want matter who my Pape is, it want matter that he considered me like his own... The only thing that will matter is I wronged his daughter.

Duiring my last phone call Pape told me that London disowned them as well for my fuck up. He couldn't give me all the details because we had to keep our phone calls short just in case London was able to tap in.

I hate that I've hurt so many people and caused such chaos within the family. If only I could go back in time and redo this I'd never gave in to the temptation, I'd never made any advances on Erica. I would've stayed away and been a man. I would've talked to Miri, tell her how I felt and try to fix thing's. Instead, I'm running for my life now and caused my parent's trouble.

The sad part is that I confused lust with love. I thought I had feelings for Erica but soon as I walked in to take her with me I knew it wasn't so. I wondered then why I did this to my wife for her. Yea, Erica was attractive but not like Miri. Miri was absolutely show stopping. Men watched her every move when she entered a room. I had the most beautiful, most perfect woman and I let her slip through my fingers. I wish I could tell her how perfect she really was. Miri tried so hard for me, tried to take care of me in every way possible yet I didn't see it, but I see it now. It took this to open my eye's and now it's to late.

I laid in this musky bed in a slimy motel room in Austria as silent tears fell thinking of the things I said to her. I told her I didn't love her, that she was just a fantasy I had and tired of. I was in love with her looks and body but not her. It was so far from the truth though, I wasn't thinking straight. I loved her, I really loved her. Then my son, would I ever see him again, hold him. I ruined so many lives that I deserve to die. I'm a weak man, no, I'm not even a man. I'm just a boy thinking he was a man.

I knew it was risky but I needed to hear her voice. Taking my prepaid phone I dialed her digits. It would be two in the morning there. After several rings, she answered in a sleepy voice.

"Ciao". She said in that sleep induced sexy voice that I loved.

"Mirimosa". I said barely audible.

The line was quiet and I had wondered if she had hung up until I heard her take a deep breath. "I'm so sorry baby girl for what I've done to everyone but mostly you. I didn't mean anything I said that night. I love you, it's always been you".

Not able to control my emotions, I broke down on the phone. Through my sobs I spoke. "I'm not even going to ask you for forgiveness because I don't deserve it. I deserve exactly what's coming for me. I just need you to know that I do love you, more than you'll ever know and I just fucked up. "God, I wish I could undo it and be with you right now. Just let my baby know that I love him more than my life and I know I want be around much longer but please, Miri please tell him about me. Let him know". I stopped to cry they continued. "Let him know that I wasn't always a bad guy and he made my heart smile and no matter what, I'll always be proud of him".

Silence.

Then I heard the familiar clicking of a gun being loaded. "You hear that Cole?" Miri asked with a cold voice.

"That's the bullet I'm going to send right through your mouth. You think your afraid of my Pape then you haven't seen anything yet. It will be me that ends your life. Yes, he will hunt you, he will find you, but I will kill you. If I were you I'd go ahead and end your life because the things I've got in store for you will make you wish you had. No, I want kill you instantly. First I'll make sure you endure tortures like you've never seen and just when you think your about to die, I'll have you nursed back to health and start all over. Who knows, I may just keep you alive for years and once my son reaches training age let you be his first kill. Then afterwards we'll throw a party and congratulate him on his first kill."

She paused to give a chilling laugh. "I hope you took your girlfriend along. Make no mistake I will find out who she is and when I do she'll never spread her legs to a married man again... or any man for that matter. The only thing that's going to spread is her stomach when I slit it open and wrap her own intestines around her throat to choke her. Bitch won't choke on dick anymore. Oh, and as for your son, he's not yours anymore. He's no longer a Butoni. Pape has arranged to have his name changed to Harper, the next king to the throne".

I was at a lost for word's. I knew Miri could be dangerous but never this. This wasn't my baby girl talking. This was possibly worse than even her Pape. "Miri?" I whispered. "Who's this person I'm talking to?"

She laughed. "Don't you know. This is Mirimosa Alexzandrea Harper, the soon to be king or boss,Whichever you prefer to say, of the Harper Empire. Bow to the king bitch".

With that she hung up and I was left hurt but with many questions. If Miri is the soon to be ruler, that means Dem will never get the title back. It's going to Miri. What the hell is going on in New York?"